Irons - Srixon z585 compared to Ping G410

Landy

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Hello - not playing much golf lately and looking to make my life easier when I do.
Has anyone compared the Srixon z585 to the Ping G410's?

Thinking of order the G410's in PS lofts and the Recoil ZT9 shaft.

Thanking you for your feed back

Can't say anything about the Ping irons, but I just bought a set of the z585 irons with Miyazaki Kaula 8 graphite shafts. The set I bought was 5i-PW. The Miyazaki shafts are stiff flex. I've only played two rounds with them so far but I'm loving them. I'm hitting all irons about 20 yds further so far.

While not exactly what youre asking about I have the Z565's and a set of 410's. The 565 dont feel as soft as pure blades of course but they feel way better than the 410s. Both are forgiving. Plus they look miles better.

Big head, wide sole, super high MOI, hot face, very forgiving on one hand (G410)

Smaller head, medium width beveled sole, moderately high MOI, somewhat forgiving "players cavity back" on the other (Z585).

Go with the Ping if you want the best possible results. Go with the Srixon if you want more player-ish visuals and a little less high-tech SGI vibe. Also if you simply can not live with a wide sole, you don't want the Ping.

Et Tu Brute?;n8878039 said:
Big head, wide sole, super high MOI, hot face, very forgiving on one hand (G410)

Smaller head, medium width beveled sole, moderately high MOI, somewhat forgiving "players cavity back" on the other (Z585).

Go with the Ping if you want the best possible results. Go with the Srixon if you want more player-ish visuals and a little less high-tech SGI vibe. Also if you simply can not live with a wide sole, you don't want the Ping.

I guess it Ping. Playing less and less, so wish to make it as easy as possible on myself.
Will hit both later today at PGASS, thank you for the feedback

Can I offer a suggestion? I see you want to go PS lofts in the G410s, so if they have them there, give the Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals a go. I was in the same boat as you for my fitting as I selected the 585s, G410, Callaway Apex, but at the last moment I had them add the Hot Metals and they gave me the best results. They are super easy to hit too.

Landy;n8878279 said:
I guess it Ping. Playing less and less, so wish to make it as easy as possible on myself.
Will hit both later today at PGASS, thank you for the feedback

Z585 are not demanding at all....less play is factor but appeal and feel need to factor in...

I have a set of the G410s. I can't speak to the Z585. However I tested M5, M6, and Rouge. For me the Pings were clear winner. I do not have the power spec. however I'm really launching these high. definitely forgiving in the ways I need them to me.

Ok went to the PGASS and hit the 410 and the 585 on the sim for a while and the clear winner was the 585. Not even close for me, your mileage may vary.
585 was a club longer straight and much softer. Once again that’s my results I know Ping makes amazing product still have my g400 max and love it. Just the 585 was a better fit.
thanks for everyone’s feedback

Landy;n8879051 said:
Ok went to the PGASS and hit the 410 and the 585 on the sim for a while and the clear winner was the 585. Not even close for me, your mileage may vary.
585 was a club longer straight and much softer. Once again that’s my results I know Ping makes amazing product still have my g400 max and love it. Just the 585 was a better fit.
thanks for everyone’s feedback

The 585’s are great clubs. Glad you gave them a chance to win you over.

fairwaynut;n8877703 said:
Can't say anything about the Ping irons, but I just bought a set of the z585 irons with Miyazaki Kaula 8 graphite shafts. The set I bought was 5i-PW. The Miyazaki shafts are stiff flex. I've only played two rounds with them so far but I'm loving them. I'm hitting all irons about 20 yds further so far.

Are your Miyazaki iron shafts marked "Made in Japan"?

DG_1234;n8879084 said:
Are your Miyazaki iron shafts marked "Made in Japan"?

Yes, they are.

fairwaynut;n8879230 said:
Yes, they are.

Excellent. You have a high quality graphite iron shaft, really as good as it gets.

fairwaynut;n8879230 said:
Yes, they are.

Almost all Miyazaki shafts are made there (might be all). It’s the graphite shaft division started by SRI (Srixon and Cleveland) a few years ago. I have both sets here. Both are solid. Prefer the 585 by a pretty big margin, but the G410 will be slightly more forgiving on the toe side of the club. The 585 sole design is really good at promoting clean contact.

The shafts play a bit weak to flex in my opinion.

DG_1234;n8879533 said:
Excellent. You have a high quality graphite iron shaft, really as good as it gets.

Thanks, that's nice to know.

Back