Callaway Rogue Driver Cracks

PowerThrust

Reaction score
Handicap
Played golf yesterday with a friend of mine from out of town. We've got a really good local club fitter/builder that he always buys from.

About a year ago he bought a Callaway Rogue driver and since then, he's had it replaced 3x due to failure on top where the composites bind with the metal frame...call it a ridgeline failure? Any way, it's cracking out again, but hasn't failed completely. He took it to the builder again for the fourth time for repair/replacement, since he's in town. Callaway's response was that they won't perform a replacement until it fails again completely. They did offer to accept it as a trade in for a new Epic Flash driver and give him a $100 credit towards the purchase, so he could buy it for $400...really!!?!

They also said, that if it does completely fail again, which clearly it's going to, they would replace it with an Epic Flash.

I just don't understand this business practice...to me a crack in the driver constitutes potential for degraded performance, which means it should be replaced without question, immediately. To me this is a bad look.

Am I wrong?

BTW, I told him to join this forum and get on board!

I think you're right.

I'd just head to the range for an hour and take out some frustration. That thing will eventually fail and now I'd get into brand new tech (which IMO is WAY better).

Canadan;n8878557 said:
I think you're right.

I'd just head to the range for an hour and take out some frustration. That thing will eventually fail and now I'd get into brand new tech (which IMO is WAY better).

Yep, I told him to take it to Top Golf and let the biggest guy he could find go to town on it!

Gaholfer;n8878551 said:
Played golf yesterday with a friend of mine from out of town. We've got a really good local club fitter/builder that he always buys from.

About a year ago he bought a Callaway Rogue driver and since then, he's had it replaced 3x due to failure on top where the composites bind with the metal frame...call it a ridgeline failure? Any way, it's cracking out again, but hasn't failed completely. He took it to the builder again for the fourth time for repair/replacement, since he's in town. Callaway's response was that they won't perform a replacement until it fails again completely. They did offer to accept it as a trade in for a new Epic Flash driver and give him a $100 credit towards the purchase, so he could buy it for $400...really!!?!

They also said, that if it does completely fail again, which clearly it's going to, they would replace it with an Epic Flash.

I just don't understand this business practice...to me a crack in the driver constitutes potential for degraded performance, which means it should be replaced without question, immediately. To me this is a bad look.

Am I wrong?

BTW, I told him to join this forum and get on board!

Send it to me...I can break it...won't be the first that I've busted. :micdrop:

yup, get that sucker to break.

source.gif

Yep just pound it on the range until it gives.

That's an impressive # of times cracking a driver head for one person in a year. Should avoid hitting rocks and focus on the golf ball.

I guess I am wondering the same thing. What is different that one person has had 4 failures in a year. I have had my Rogue Sub zero since March. No failures, and wasn’t looking for or expecting any either. Has this been a common experience with the Rogue model?

dbdors;n8879061 said:
I guess I am wondering the same thing. What is different that one person has had 4 failures in a year. I have had my Rogue Sub zero since March. No failures, and wasn�t looking for or expecting any either. Has this been a common experience with the Rogue model?
Yeah, just strange. He doesn't swing too hard either... If I had to guess he's swinging around 90 to 95mph with it.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

i bought a rogue driver callaway preowned at the beginning of the year and it started to crack on the ridgeline as well callaway preowned sent med another and its cracking on the ridgeline as well so now im waiting on the third rogue sub zero model which youd think would be better with a high swing speed

i bought a rogue driver callaway preowned at the beginning of the year and it started to crack on the ridgeline as well callaway preowned sent med another and its cracking on the ridgeline as well so now im waiting on the third rogue sub zero model which youd think would be better with a high swing speed
Yikes! My Dad has been using one the past couple years without issue. I just got him another one on CPO for his place in NC and it was in great shape. Hopefully no issues! 🤞

I've used, and still have, a sub zero for two years prior to this year. It still looks like new...no problems at all.

I bet that guy on here who broke like 5 1 dollar drivers could break it.

Sounds like a design/manufacturing flaw. I have cracked 2 Epic Flash SZ drivers but both of those were in the face. Which is where I would expect it to fail since driver faces today are incredibly thin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I had 2 Rogue drivers replaced if I remember correctly. It sounds like the same issue I had. You could see the paint crease where the crown met the face as it was cracking underneath. I definitely don't swing very hard either as I'm in the 95mph club. The first one I sent back went to someone's attention so they could analyze it, but I never heard anything back. Perhaps there was a slightly larger risk of manufacturing flaw on those models.

Sent from my SM-N986U1 using Tapatalk

Crap, why I am finding this thread just now? My Rogue driver arrived this week. I was debating between the Rogue and a PING G400. If the Rogue really cracks, I'll abandon ship and switch to the PING.

I had a Rogue SZ in my bag for over a year with zero issues, traded it in, and it’s probably in someone else’s bag right now... It was a great driver for me.

I'm sure it could be made to break again

Back