Wilson Staff Duo Soft or Callaway Supersoft?

jhd12

Reaction score
Handicap
Which do you prefer - Wilson Staff Duo Soft or Callaway Supersoft? Thank you!

If the matte colors are involved then Callaway. I think the stickiness of the cover actually helps with spin.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wilson Duo all day for me because it has a softer feel while still having good distance. Ive tried the Supersoft and they just feel dead to me. Theyre soft, sure but they just come off the clubface dead with not much distance.
Considering Callaway's QC issues with the balls lately, Im not sure that Id play any ball with the Callaway name on it until they get those issues sorted out.

I would go with the Duo also. I have tried the SS and it feels like a marshmallow, I played the SoftFli and really liked that ball and I like the Wilson balls they are very underrated.
I will admit that price point also plays a factor and both balls I play are cheaper than the SS so it makes it a easy choice.

I like Calloway balls just not the SS.

I started using the Duo, primarily because of the great deal at Budget Golf. I hit them fairly well and like the feel of them. My instructor says they’re a good choice given my swing speed. I’m sure I’ve hit some SuperSofts, and don’t recall any issues.

I’ve tried and liked the Magmas, my wife uses those. I like the ERCs, but can get a better price on the Duos.

SuperSofts are longer. I prefer higher compression balls so it's surprising the SSs don't bother me as much as the Chrome Softs. Not much to like or dislike about the Duos. Just another low compression distance ball. It really all depends on you SS.

Back