JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Obviously in some cases THPers change there bag and gear out more frequently than others. I know I change mine often, because I love golf equipment haha.

How often do you change the different parts of your bag and what is the least changed?

Last change for me was M1 440 to M5. I've basically rebuilt my entire bag this year (minus the 15 y/o 4h that's still holding tight). It's on borrowed time though. If I could find a decent 4h or 5h that I liked in the 23° to 25° loft, I'd be all over it.

As for how often, I probably won't change much after the 4h unless I find a set of irons that I really like.

I got new irons last December, and a putter this year. Other than that bag has been pretty constant. I will be changing the whole bag out in December. :clapp:

Way too often. Always tinkering.

M2Giles;n8879302 said:
Way too often. Always tinkering.

It is a sickness that I am afflicted with.

Anything is fair in love and war.

Nothing is safe, anything can be changed on a whim.

Way more frequently than before I discovered THP. Was about once every 5 years before (wasn’t too serious about golf). The last 3 years, I’ve changed everything at least twice.

Newest addition is a complete set of Bstone clubs and a Hogan driver this past weekend.

Funny this thread popped up as I just changed the bag up again today. Irons for me are the most changed. If you looked at my driver you notice my driver and 3w are oldies but goodies. Hesitant to change the portion of the bag up to much. Which makes me think...am I afraid of changing the driver or worried about my swing and how the ball will react?

It is a total addiction that never will be cured. No club is ever safe. There is no minimum or maximum timeframe. I just love equipment. I have done less tinkering this year because of my loyalty to Cobra and the Morgan Cup. I keep going back to those clubs, but that does not mean my illness is in remission.

My first 5yrs playing I changed everything but putter out frequently. Too frequently. After getting back into it in the past year I’ve changed everything up a few times but nothing like before. Ironically I rarely ever changed putters in the past and now it’s the club that’s the least safe

My next changes will be the actual bag and the hybrids. Will be going G410 hybrids (2 and 4 or 3/4) depending on how the 5 wood works. If the wood is a no go then I'll add a wedge around 52-54 degrees. Driver may change but doubt it.

latest change was committing to a properly fitted set of irons and wedges this season. After a few months, playing with them has become an immense joy. I intend on rocking this set for at least 2-3 years. I had previously gone through 3 sets of irons through trades but wasn't fully comfortable.

I use to change our whole bags once if not twice a season and putters were a constant rotation. Ever since I was fitted at club champion 2.5 years ago, my putter, 3w and irons have all remained in the bag. The driver was only switched out from an epic SZ to a Rogue SZ because I cracked 2 and Callaway didn’t have any more LH rogue heads. The 58 got switched out since the grooves were gone and I’m still trying to find a gap club between the 3w and 4i that I really like.

this year, only one major change and it was a pretty comprehensive overhaul. without the grandaddy on the horizon, i’m sure i would have changed a few things out.

in a “normal” year, i’m prone to change almost every club at least once. rarely resulting in better scores.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Entropy! Much like the world, my bag gravitates toward disorder and constant change. The most frequently changed item is actually my irons.

Driver- have played new drivers each of the last 3 years, but I don't think I'll be changing that out this upcoming year.
FW- Oldest clubs in my bag. May change them out next year.
Irons - these have been a little bit of a revolving door, the last 3 years. I have gamed the same ones for 4 years, so if I find something I really like they tend to stick.
Wedges - Every 2 or 3 years I refresh
Putter - Picking one up every year.

I don't change as often as some here but I do test many of the new releases each season. When I came back to golf nearly 6 years ago I updated my entire bag. Everything was >20 years old, iron set went from 1i to SW, never even tried a hybrid, so I had to, right? Since upgrading I've changed out everything at least once more. Least changed = iron sets and putters, most changed = hybrids/util.

Six year tally (last replaced):
3 Drivers - Cobra Bio Cell+, earliest version TM M1, TM M3 (Jun '18)
3 FWW - Callaway 2014 BB 3W, it had quality issues so Callaway replaced it free with an 815 BBA SZ 3W, Epic SZ 3+ (Feb'18)
7 Hy/Util - Cobra Amp Cell 2/3, Fly-Z 2/3 & 3/4, F7 2/3, TM M3 3H, TM GAPR MID 3, PING G400 2H (Jan '19)
The G400 is my newest club but I have an appointment with an independent trackman fitter next week. Seeking a suitable replacement
2 Iron sets - TM RocketBladez 4-AW, Cobra King F6 4-PW (Jun '16)
3 Wedges- TM ATV 54/58, earliest version Callaway PM Grind 54/58, earliest version Cleveland CBX 48/54/60 (Nov '17)
2 Putters - PING Ketsch, Odyssey O-Works #7s (Mar '18)

Probably every 3-5 years.

In June I put the M5 Driver in play along with a My Spyder Putter and high Toe Wedge. Only changes this year.....still in the bag so they are doing well

I changed my entire bag last year thanks to THP and most of those clubs are still in play (wedges swapped for SM6 I had previously. Prior to that change the previous was probably 2-3 years prior... so I’d say every couple years on average.... most common is probably driver swap

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Changed my entire bag, including the bag, a couple of months ago. My youngest daughter just started college so barring being fortunate enough to get into a THP event that comes with equipment, there will likely not be many changes for the next 4 years.

I changed the bag about 8 months ago or so. I have tried a different wedge for a bit also this month. In OCT I will be going for a full fitting so it might change again.

I change driver and putter most regularly, probably ever year on average for the driver and every 3 months for the putter.

This year has been a whole different ballgame but typically everything is fair game. My 3 wood rarely changes and once I find a wedge I love that doesn't change much either. Otherwise it's pretty open to whatever works best in each spot. I think the biggest thing is that it's just a lot of fun trying out different brands and the technology they market.

This year was a complete overhaul w/ the Grandaddy, and a set I'll cherish (and keep in the bag) for a long time.

Normally, the clubs that are the least safe are irons and driver, maybe putter. Once I get used to woods, they're really tough to kick out of the bag. Especially the fairways and hybrids. Wedges I play until they wear down (or I leave them next to a green and nobody turns them in...)

That said, going to take a LOT to kick the CF19 out of the bag.

Back