I've kept things surprisingly stable this year. JGR HF2s aren't going anywhere anytime soon. The Tyne H putter has been solid for me as well. Z565 driver isn't a perfect fit but it doesn't kill me on mishits so it's staying put. Old guard Rocketballz 2 fairway has been treating me well, so it's safe as long as it behaves :alien: As of now the only thing that might be up for reboot are the CBX wedges, which could stand a refresh before long (at least in the 52/58 since they've been with me for a while, the 48* in the gap slot is still pretty fresh with < a season on it.

I was changing everything once or twice a year. I told myself with my most recent purchase that I would keep them for an extended period of time. So far everything is going as planned.

The lob wedge is pretty well worn and will be replaced in the next few months. I'm not a fan of the limited bounce options in the 0311 Forged wedges and I'm not interested in the price of the O311 Tour wedge line. So my next wedge will probably be a lower bounce Vokey (L or M).

Driver will switch to 0811 X gen 2 if a Gen 3 comes out and the price drops further. I may swap the 0341 for an 0341X at some point too.

I will answer as if The Grandaddy didn't happen last year:

Historically for me the putter was the most frequently changed club. I rarely buy a new one, and was lucky enough to win one on THP last year, so it was the only reason I switched to a newer one then. If I had a bad streak, or just get tired of looking down at it, I would switch to a previously purchased putter until it didn't perform as well. Main reason is just feel and of course results. Outside of that, next clubs up would have been wedges for fresher grooves and they would get priority, but generally when I decide to replace clubs, it's due to age of what I have, with hopes that new technology would help with more yards or accuracy, unless clubs are won or given as a gift. Next up would have been driver (2007), hybrid (2009), irons (i think 2012), and finally FWs (replaced older than 2007 clubs with Rogues last year).

Because of The Grandaddy, my bag is as up to date as I could ever imagine thanks to THP and Callaway, so I don't see anything being replaced in the near future. I have two Odyssey putters, so they get rotated each time out, since they are like children and I don't have a favorite, but sometimes one acts a little nicer during the week :bashful:. When it is time, the wedges will probably get first crack at an upgrade, a PM Grind might even get the opportunity!

I changed my driver out last year, irons still the same as they were 3 years ago. The major changes have been my wedges. I like steelfiber in my wedges but they are expensive to get considering the changes I make. I finally made a switch (partially) to the Toulon Columbus putter with a stroke lab shaft from my 20 year old SC long neck slant. I really don't make too may changes unless I see a benefit/tech that would help.

Few years back I bought a pre-owned set from Callaway, think they are Xtreme model, 4-PW, 4 hybrid, 3 wood and 5 wood. After playing a few times with them, life and my bowling got in the way and I put them away for a few years. Have come back this past summer and have been playing almost every week.

After taking a lesson, the pro said that my set was good, but Driver was the "cheaper" part of it. The driver and 3W has since been replaced. Got Callaway Rogue for each. Have also added another hybrid to my set a 3H, also Rogue. Did not replace the 5 wood which I never even used. Found some used clubs locally that I have added to the bag as well, an Odyssey 2 ball putter and a 54* wedge that were both practically brand new.

Irons will be next to get upgraded. They are ok for now until I get better.

I tend to be stubborn with changes, especially irons even if my score suffers because I realize it's me not the club that is the problem. Putters and drivers are the first thing to get swapped out frequently.

Drivers I swap out on a regular basis, and my irons tend to get changed fairly often.

Changed driver, 7 wood, added a 4i and 5i hybrid and changed wedges. About to change my RBZ 3HL to an Epic Flash 5 fwy and adjust to 17 degrees. When done, I will have:

Callaway Epic Flash Driver, 5 wood and 7 wood
Callaway Big Bertha 4i and 5i hybrids
Taylormade Tour Preferred CB 6-AW
Cleveland RTX4 56 and 60 wedges
Vons putter

Normally throughout the year my bag doesnt change much until this year. I have changed one of my wedges to better fit some gapping, and am now using my 4th putter of the year. I have a couple of shaft changes coming up for irons and driver as well. Feels crazy since I am one who usually uses the same equipment throughout a year.

No club is ever safe, and this year was no different. My wedges remain my only carry over from last season. That being said, my Driver and Fairway are safe for the foreseeable future, as are my putter and wedges. My current irons are an experiment, albeit with early results looking promising. My hybrids are probably next up for replacement.

The most changed clubs in my bag are the wedges. I like to keep sharper grooves so the usually only last 2 seasons at best.
The least changed is my putter. Same Taylormade Ghost Spider since 2011. I don't see it changing any time soon.
The newest clubs in the bag are my irons. They were changed last month after being in the bag since 2011. The Callaway Apex CF19's are terrific.

I can't afford to change clubs like underwear, so this setup will be in play for a few years.

Driver - usually every other iteration of the product cycle.
Fairway woods/hybrids - these stay the longest as I find them the hardest to develop trust with, current ones at 6 years and counting.
Irons - usually get the itch after 4-5 years.
Wedges - when the ball no longer checks up satisfactorily.
Putter - My Yes! Dawn and I are celebrating our 10th anniversary. There have been a couple of affairs in that time but every time I wind up asking her to take me back.

Putter is the least changed club for me. I've had mine since 2016 and while I've had other putters, I don't think I've ever taken it out of my main set. Irons/driver are a different story and up until this past year, I've been changing about 2-3 times a season. Getting a fitting definitely helped rein in the revolving door of clubs I've had going on this past 3 years.

Where do I start?

Just restarting after a 15 year layoff. Last set of irons I bought were Mizuno MP-30's. Had always been a blade player. Prior set to that were Hogan redlines from 1988. Just bought used Srixon 5-AW Z565's with the NS Pro 980GH DST stiff shafts, what a difference!! 15 yrs ago, I started using TM 3 & 4 Rescue Mid... now updated to TM 2009 TP Rescue 3 & 4, still experimenting. Back in the 90's I was proficient with 2 and 3 irons. My 2 iron was a favorite weapon off the tee of short par 4's, as I hit it 255 - 260 yds off a short teed ball, with excellent control.

Last driver I had was a Callaway GBB II 9* with a Aldila NV65 Stiff and believe it or not, still hit it really well. Replaced it with a Srixon Z785 with Tensei CK Pro Orange 70 stiff. Jury is still out.

Fairway wood was a 90's TM 3W Burner Bubble stiff, I could hit the heck out of that club. Just switched to a Callaway Rogue Aldila Synergy Blue 60 Stiff and added a 5W with the same shaft. Still testing.

Still have my 90's Mizuno NF56 & NF60 wedges but just bought today, the Cleveland CBX2 54 and 58 wedges to fit in with the Srixon AW at 50*. Will report findings.

Putter is still my old 1965 Wilson Staff 8813. I sometimes use my 1964 8802 or I have a Mizuno M100 The Reason Scotty Cameron I switch to every now and then.

Bottom line? Things have changed a lot in the last 15 years... trying to catch up!

My oldest club is about 15-16 years old, newest is an XR16 so needless to say my clubs stay around for a while. Truth be told I only get about 5-8 rounds a year so my clubs don't have a lot of wear on them. I just need to find some that I like but that are a better fit for me.

Back