best rangefinder???

mancest;n8881729 said:
I have had a Leupold for 7+ years (same unit) and if I ever need to replace it I will look at another Leupold. There are cheaper options, but the quality and customer service are 2nd to none IMHO.

this^ had mine for 5 years and would buy another one in a heart beat. A quality unit, plenty of info around on the quality of the support and backup service from Leupold too. mines still on the original batteries. My brother has one as well - same story there, loves his.

Golf Galaxy has a $60 off $300 coupon so I'm hoping to grab something today

Anyone have any long term Nikon pro stabilized reviews? I will most likely wait to see the the new Bushnell tour v5 but like what I have read about the Nikon. I also like the 5 year warranty it comes with

Last edited:
Precision Pro NX9

Not a lot of reviews on this one and their prior model had a lot of mixed reviews. Sounds like customer service is top notch though. Is the display red or black?
Precision Pro NX9

Going to pick up the Tour V5 this year - I need the BITE.

I have been using a Precision Pro Nexus since its debut. It has worked amazing, usually differs from Bushnell by 2-3 yards, but not sure who is right as that type of distance does not matter. I would upgrade to slope NX9 once that is released.

Slope function is illegal if you're going to record the round for handicap purposes so to me and most of my buddies slope would be of no use.

Many of the newer models give you the option to toggle between slope and non slope.

Not a lot of reviews on this one and their prior model had a lot of mixed reviews. Sounds like customer service is top notch though. Is the display red or black?
Black

I am strongly leaning towards this one as well

For everything that they've added into it for $299 (not cheap, but damn better than the $500 price of the XE I think)

I am hoping it’s a bit smaller than the pro xe & goes back to the hard shell case

I am hoping it’s a bit smaller than the pro xe & goes back to the hard shell case
Man. I miss my XE.

I hate thieves.

Anyone have any long term Nikon pro stabilized reviews? I will most likely wait to see the the new Bushnell tour v5 but like what I have read about the Nikon. I also like the 5 year warranty it comes with

I went with the Nikon stabilized and I like it a lot. I wanted something with the red numbers so it stands out more than black like most rangefinders. The stabilization takes a little getting used to to focus on the pin. People will say the Nikon is quite slow getting the yardage readings but in reality were talking about half a second

For me im extremely happy with it and will use it for a long time. Slope is great and Ive found the yards to be identical to what the Arccos app tells me. My dad uses the Bushnell v4 slope and both readings are always within a yard of each other

Very pleased with my older Nikon Coolshot 20 I got on ebay for $120.00.

These things are commodity products at this point. Find the one with the options you want that has a good price. With Bushnell you will be paying a premium for the Bushnell logo. Precision Pro seems to be a really great option and they are a site sponsor.

I had a chance to test the Bushnell Engage and I might say it worked quite well but clunky menu navigation.
Overall 4/5 I'd say.

Works well for rangefinding as long as you can deal with the horrible, clunky menu. The angle measurement is nice if you have a need for it. I would not buy this for the low-light optics as the readings are not able to be seen in very low-light conditions. I also have a Nikon 8397 ACULON AL11 Laser Rangefinder which does not have the angle measurement but is otherwise equivalent in performance and build quality. And most exprets prefer Nikon over Bushnell https://wildproofgear.com/best-rangefinders/ which go in the same price range.

However, the Bushnell Engage built very well, provides accurate measurements, compact and easy to hold. You will like those rubbery grips. A "True disctance" calculation is also usefull is you need to set it to gun or bow which adjusts gravity fall.

I've had a Bushnell TourX for 4-5 years now with no issues. Jolt function, slope capable, (interchangeable face plate) red or black display and fast. I just wish it had real time scanning. Not a big deal to hit the button again but scanning would be nice. I have enjoyed everything else about it.

Back