Plain wood tees or "performance" tees?

scott.french3

Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
I've always used the traditional wood tees. Am I missing out on using any of the new plastic tees? Or is it just another way to spend more money?

The only reason I use plastic tees is to support a wonderful cause.

pride-evolution-breast-cancer-awareness-plastic-golf-tees-2-34-pack-of-30-ssevbca2343013-01.188.jpg

Attachments

• pride-evolution-breast-cancer-awareness-plastic-golf-tees-2-34-pack-of-30-ssevbca2343013-01.188.jpg
    pride-evolution-breast-cancer-awareness-plastic-golf-tees-2-34-pack-of-30-ssevbca2343013-01.188.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 1
I like the plastic Disney World tees but that's because I love Disney. I try to take some home every time I play there.

THP Epoch Tees. Seriously the last tees you will ever buy. Going on close to 4 years since I bought tees.

I only use the Epoch tees. Usually buy them in bulk.

Epoch tees for me

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a combination of Epoch and Maxfli tees I use, all are plastic with the little "tips" for the ball to be placed on. Been using them for 2 years now, and love their durability and ease to find on the tee box. Cost a lot more per tee, but I believe the quality and # of uses out of them are worth it.

Save a tree ?

I use Evolution tees. Usually one will get me through several rounds vs a wood tee usually breaks after a few holes.

AnthonyC;n8882061 said:
I like the plastic Disney World tees but that's because I love Disney. I try to take some home every time I play there.

My wife is in love with these tees.

I use whatever I find or am given as long as they are the right length.

I use Epoch and like the durability but not having tee stripes left on the sole of my driver is a nice benefit.

I bought the plastic tees 3 rounds ago. Only reason I am down one is because I forgot to pick it up. I feel like the tee would last forever.

I'm a plain wood guy, or plastic, so I don't break as many.

scott.french3;n8882051 said:
I've always used the traditional wood tees. Am I missing out on using any of the new plastic tees? Or is it just another way to spend more money?

Its actually a way to spend less money. The plastic tees last several rounds per tee, if not more.

Last season I switched to Evolution tees as one of my buddies uses them.....I will never go back to wood. I felt like I was snapping the wood tees at every tee box and that was just frustrating.

I

I think I've gotten through 3+ rounds with the same epoch tee. The only downside is when it flies out and you need to find it because you don't want to lose the tee.

Epoch tees for me. I don't like having to reload after breaking tees. They last forever.

I like the plastic tees. Have been using the same one the last 5 rounds now. Used to use wooden, but I was breaking them all the time.

I hate the fact that no one ever picks up their broken tees at our course. I also hate running low on tees. So, I buy plastic ones from Walmart once every year or two. They last forever. Only reason I seem to run out is forgetting them in my pockets or losing them when they fly into the grass.

Whatever the tourney director has on the first tee. Doesn’t really matter to me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use the plastic tees i bought a box of 50 a season ago and have only gone through a few and that is due to losing them, i have broken a few but not many i sill have 35 or so left.

scott.french3;n8882051 said:
campilobaxter;n8882237 said:
Its actually a way to spend less money. The plastic tees last several rounds per tee, if not more.

This +1. I dont remember the last time I paid for tees. Plus have some logo-ed tees from courses that give them out from years ago. They just last forever. Wood tees break so easily comparatively.

Epoch or wood for me.

I’ve been using wood ones. Mostly because I found one that has a paint mark at the depth I like for consistency.

I’m going to have to look into Epoch tees now though since that seems to be the overwhelming favourite so far.

I used to use, "performance" tees but have no switched to wood tees for sustainability reasons. I dont like the fact that plastic tees dont break down like wood tees do when they get broken. Unless I can find some kind of biodegradable tee, its plain wood for me.

Back