Frankenclub - What Tech Would You Combine to Make Your Perfect Set?

radiman

#TheGrandaddy2019
Reaction score
Handicap
If you were allowed to compile any technology across all OEM's into one set of clubs, what would you create? You could create your dream combo of looks and performance. You have free reign over design and patent laws didn't exist :)

I admittedly haven't hit everything that is out there, so there may be some really valid tech that I have excluded. But, I am curious what you guys would do to make your perfect set. What tech works well that you have seen? Maybe you would just take a club or set as-is and call it good.

My dream team would be:

Driver- Callaway's Optifit adjustable hosel and jailbreak, Taylormade's crown design from the M5/M6, Callaway's Flash Face but with the acoustics of the Cobra F9, and while I am at it I'd add the simplistic front and back weights from the F9 as well.

Fairway- Callaway's adjustable hosel, jailbreak, and flash face. Taylormade's crown again. Maybe I would add the M5 sliding weight. But, I would want it to feel and sound exactly like the current Epic Flash fairway.

Hybrid/UT- I really like the Callaway X Forged UT. I would keep that as is while maybe adding TM's speed foam to mute it a bit.

Irons- The Apex Pro Smoke package looks so good. I haven't hit them and would probably want to design them without CF.

Wedges- After watching TXG's review of the Ping Glide 3.0, I would include whatever the heck they did to get them to spin as much as they do. Maybe some of the cavity tech from the CBX from Cleveland.

Putter- I would love a similar shape and alignment as the Spider X but utilizing a milled face like the Toulons. Oh, and Stroke Lab to keep that stroke nice and smooth.

Paging @tenputt

I would go with his Frankenset Cobra getup he has going on that would be ideal for me

OITW;n8884422 said:
Paging @tenputt

I would go with his Frankenset Cobra getup he has going on that would be ideal for me

Here I am. I have a thread on this. I have a really fun set that has given me my best iron striking rounds of the year. It is all Cobra. F9 4 and 5 irons. FTB 6 through 9 irons, bent one degree strong. CB/MB 9 through gw, bent one degree weak. it breaks down as follows:

F9 4 iron - 18 degrees and 215 to 230 yards.
F9 5 iron - 22 degrees and 195 to 205 yards.
FTB 6 iron - 25 degrees and 180 to 185 yards.
FTB 7 iron - 29 degrees and 170 yards.
FTB 8 iron - 34 degrees and 160 yards.
FTB 9 iron - 39 degrees and 145 yards.
CB 9 iron (used as strong pw) - 43 degrees and 132 yards.
MB pw - 47 degrees and 120 yards
MB gw - 51 degrees and 110 yards

Other than the two F9s, the irons are all black and look similar enough that they look great in the bag. it truly is an awesome set of irons.

Last edited:
Back