Contest: Firestarter - 2019 Grandaddy of em All

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2019 edition is coming and we have the captains and 8 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #9 and you could be joining them.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-ZZkp6nK\/0\/1bf2876f\/M\/i-ZZkp6nK-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Firestarter. The Grandaddy is all about the game, the gear and this community. Part of this community is the engaging conversation that takes place daily.

Qualifying
You must be a 2019 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Your job is to create a thread about the game of golf (it should not be Grandaddy specific), but must be about the game. Once that thread gets to 10 responses (from others), return to this thread and post a link to it. Create fire with your topic and you could be on your way to the all expenses trip of a lifetime.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open for about a week.

Oh man, the last two threads I started garnered about 3 posts each.....I better get witty!

YES!!!!!! Contest time. This is always a fun one. Engage, people!!! You miss 100% of the shots you don't take.

Yes, contest time. Let’s get another teammate!

Here is your chance of a lifetime!!!! Lets get it going!!!

Oh man. Lots of new forum discussions incoming! Looking forward to seeing the conversations unfold!

Not a bad way to punch your ticket to greatness.

Another contest! Looking forward to everyone's threads!

Well, this is an interesting contest. Will be interested to see the threads everyone creates

Interesting contest, strangely enough I was about to start a new thread anyway. Good luck everyone.

This is going to be good!

Is date still TBD/likely first week in December for this guy?

Last edited:
Too bad the thread can’t be about condiments or BPs bc this current team would have the forum covered.

let’s go people!! We have an awesome group and you can make it awesomer.

Oh wow, this contest is going to be good. Let the content flow!

Best of luck everybody. I cannot express in words how great it feels to have won the last contest and be headed to the Grandaddy. The excitement. the anticipation and the disappointment are all part of what makes this event special. Give it your best shot and I will try to help fan the flames of your fires.

JB;n8882875 said:
If you have been on this forum for any period of time, you have seen mention of the Grandaddy. The greatest amateur event ever created. The 2019 edition is coming and we have the captains and 8 participants, but need a full team of 11 THPers. This is contest #9 and you could be joining them.

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/photos.smugmug.com\/photos\/i-ZZkp6nK\/0\/1bf2876f\/M\/i-ZZkp6nK-M.jpg"}[/IMG2]

It is an all expenses paid trip of a lifetime.

What's Included
Airfare
Hotels
Club Fitting at ECPC
Full bag of clubs
Tour Callaway
Meet R&D
Play Golf against the Zoo Crew (Callaway Marketing team)
Play at one of the finest courses you will ever step foot on
And so much more its ridiculous
And you can be part of Team THP

The Contest
Firestarter. The Grandaddy is all about the game, the gear and this community. Part of this community is the engaging conversation that takes place daily.

Qualifying
You must be a 2019 Albatross Club Member to enter. The club is open to anybody and helps benefit a wonderful charity. Details here.

How to Enter
Your job is to create a thread about the game of golf (it should not be Grandaddy specific), but must be about the game. Once that thread gets to 10 responses (from others), return to this thread and post a link to it. Create fire with your topic and you could be on your way to the all expenses trip of a lifetime.

Good luck everybody. This contest will remain open for about a week.

Crush this, guys!!

The Grandaddy is worth it.

Back