mjkladis

"CLETUS"
Reaction score
Handicap
We all have clubs from the past that we enjoyed playing or wanted to game but never did.
What would your bag make up be if you had to create a whole set from past clubs??

Your bag as to not include anything in your current bag.

Mine would be...

Callaway Epic Sub Zero- 9*
Adams XTD Ti 3W
Adams Idea Tech A4 3H
Callaway X-22 Tour Irons 5-PW
Cleveland CG15 50-56-60 Wedges
Original Odyssey 2-Ball putter

BB Fusion driver
Ping G30 fariways
Ping Eye 2 irons and wedges
Cleveland putter.

Snickerdog;n8882994 said:
BB Fusion driver
Ping G30 fariways
Ping Eye 2 irons and wedges
Cleveland putter.

I never could get along with the Eye2 irons or wedges.
That BB Fusion driver though was a best!

Cletus not all of us have been playing for years. I can say that there are a lot of clubs out there of older models I would love to try but I can't really say there is anything that I have previously owned that I can really say I miss. Being a club ho though, I have been through quite a few in the short time I have been playing. I do love my current setup for the most part though and am not sure there is any older clubs out there that could kick something out my bag. The only older club that might would be a Callaway Heavenwood one of our forum members had and let me hit during a round I played with him. I can not even remember which model it was but that thing was a blast to hit.

bridgestone j815 driver
taylormade r5 dual 3w
taylormade vsteel 5w
ben hogan golf vktr hybrid
bridgestone j15 driving forged irons
callaway md3 wedges
scotty newport 2 that Xstiffshafts stole from me

Stryker;n8883113 said:
Cletus not all of us have been playing for years. I can say that there are a lot of clubs out there of older models I would love to try but I can't really say there is anything that I have previously owned that I can really say I miss. Being a club ho though, I have been through quite a few in the short time I have been playing. I do love my current setup for the most part though and am not sure there is any older clubs out there that could kick something out my bag. The only older club that might would be a Callaway Heavenwood one of our forum members had and let me hit during a round I played with him. I can not even remember which model it was but that thing was a blast to hit.

Well, this wouldn't be to kick anything out of your bag. Just a separate bag with some old clubs. I recently played with some guys that gamed some real classics and it was neat to kick around the idea of an extra old set of some cool clubs to let anyone borrow if they wanted to play a round of golf for the first time.

McLovin;n8883171 said:
bridgestone j815 driver
taylormade r5 dual 3w
taylormade vsteel 5w
ben hogan golf vktr hybrid
bridgestone j15 driving forged irons
callaway md3 wedges
scotty newport 2 that Xstiffshafts stole from me

Oh, the vsteel FW. Absolute classic!!

Taylormade 07 Burner TP Driver (still have one in the garage actually)
Taylormade 07 Burner TP 3w
Taylormade 07 Burner TP5w
Mizuno MP37 Blades 3-pw
Titleist Spin Milled Vokey Wedges (the last ones before they changed the grooves)
Never Compromise Sub 30 Flowneck Putter

This was pretty much my exact setup from 2007-2010

Ah the Taylormade.......those made me legit feel like a golfer for the first time........was the first time i ventured from away from hand me downs lol

Callaway FT Tour
Adams BTY 15*
Adams A12 Pro
Callaway X Tour irons
Cleveland reg 588 wedges
Studio Select Newport 2

Ottawaclo;n8883272 said:
Ah the Taylormade.......those made me legit feel like a golfer for the first time........was the first time i ventured from away from hand me downs lol

The driver and fairway woods were beasts back then, the regular and the TP. But with the non TP versions, the stock shafts were horrible. I took my buddy's Burner to my local fitter to get checked. They put it on a frequency machine to check the stiffness and they couldn't even get a reading on it. Rather than going straight back and forth, it went around in circles. I swapped out the stock 50g REAX for a Speeder Tour Spec 569 and that driver came to life.

Back