What do your clubs mean to you?

I try and keep clubs in my bag for as long as they can still perform, or until something noticeably better comes around. That being said, I still keep a club from the MC in my bag for reminder's sake, and the wedge I got from the Gauntlet. Those won't ever be going anywhere!

My shaft from THCE will never be replaced. Works too well for me, and is too personal to ever let it go.

I have no attachment to any club, they are all subject to expulsion at any time. I am fond of my "tour" toulon right now, but a few poor rounds and it could be gone just as quick.

Wedges are a reminder of a fun weekend, my favorite online community, plus my dad who swore by his Vokey 60. I also keep my dad's clubs and although they are beat up and largely uncared for (just the way he would have wanted), they remind me of some good times out on the course with him.

The rest of the clubs, there is very little emotional involvement. Just tools, and sometimes a source of frustration haha

My putter just brings back memories. I got it when I was graduating college, replaced it (stolen) while I was getting married, and played my best with it when I really started playing a bunch around 2001. I sent it off to get refinished and definitely miss it from my bag.

Definitely my driver from ShaftUp it’s new and shiny and loves being swung hard! My irons I won in a contest on THP really love this set and is special to me also!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Easy, the one thing I can call all my own. I have a wife and 4 kids and they happily invade every other aspect of my life. It is the one thing I only have to consider what I want and only what I want. I do not begrudge the invasion in other spaces because that is my job as a Dad, but this golf bag and its contents is all mine! :act-up:

I just started playing golf but have always struggled with anxiety and depression. Golf has turned into the one thing where my brain "shuts off".

Hoping one day I can afford my own set but the "hand-me-downs" I have now are probably one of the greatest gifts I have ever been given.

Alez367;n8883279 said:
Most of us play this game for fun and enjoyment. Part of that enjoyment comes from the equipment we use whether it be new or used. Whether the clubs in your bag were given to you as hand me downs or as part of participation in a THP event here or you saved up enough to grab a certain club you’ve been wanting for a while, sometimes certain clubs carry more emotion or sentiment behind them than others. What do you clubs mean to you???

My clubs mean the world to me, everytime I see them touch them game the, it brings me back to one of if not the best weekends of golf I’ve ever been a part of

Here's my current list:

Driver - no emotional attachment to the clubhead, but my THCE shaft is super important to me.
3W - no emotional attachment at all
Hybrid - Love it. Longest tenured club in my bag at 8+ years now and one my dad told me never to get rid of
Irons - Bought these right before my very first THP event so I'd be playing the XR line at The King.
Wedges - only to my 60* because the guys in the True Temper truck built it for me
Putter - was a gift from George at Callaway, which was super generous

The best way I can describe what my clubs mean to me is: If my clubs were in my car and my car was stolen, I would wish that the thief would leave my clubs on the curb, they can have the car.

Not much, really. To me, clubs are just tools. You swing them in the dirt and they get dirty and scuffed up but thats what they are made for. I like the idea that clubs are tools, not treasures.

Back