Your best performing new club(s) in 2019

Jimmy3864

“JimmyD”
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Now that we’re well into the 2019 golf season, what has been your most surprising or best performing club that you added to your bag in 2019?

For me personally I purchased in the spring an Evenroll ER6 Special Edition putter which was on sale at 50% off at Golftown. It is not the prettiest club but for approx $150 US$ it was a good price and initial rolls including change to left hand low on the indoor practice green at Golftown it was gold. Long story, it took awhile to get used to the grip change particularly for long putts but overall the putter has been solid. I don’t track putts per round but overall I would say on short putts under 8’ my improvement has been 100% improvement over my last putter, which has now been passed on to another golfer.

Anyway, for you, has there been a new club (driver, fairway, hybrid, utility, set of irons, wedge(s) or putter) that has been a pleasant surprise in 2019 and has made a noticeable improvement to lowering your scores?

The Srixon Z-785 that I won earlier this year on THP has been golden. The ball speed gains were very real over my other drivers and after a shaft change the launch and distance are optimal.

odyssey stroke lab tuttle putter. it’s been mind blowing how good it is, even though it’s nothing i would have gravitated toward.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

For me its the Ping Sigma Ketsch B I bought in July. Putts like a blade but lines up like a mallet. Best of both worlds for me.

Loving my Epic Flash Heavenwood

Hogan PTx Pro irons. Hit the ball so much better and more consistent with them than any iron set I had previously played.

Toulon Columbus.

Probably my 60* PM Grind. I've pulled off some pretty impressive shots this season with it.

Mine has been my custom fitted Taylormade Mullen 2 putter. Crazy what a good putter fitting can do for your game!

Loving the EF SZ driver. But, the most consistent performer has been the EF SZ 3 wood. I can count on one hand the number of poor shots I've got with it. It's been so solid off the tee and the turf.

Actually, it’s not a club for me. If I can open this up a bit for my answer, the best ROI I have gotten this year is from a shaft.

I have had a ton of issues with launch angle and spin off my driver. I wanted to change my shaft to see if I could get these numbers in line before I simply move to another driver and very nicely Roger (Mancest) here at THP was kind enough to send me a handcrafted blue shaft measured to be a bit shorter than standard. I have been killing the drives now, so I can’t thank him enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In poor THP form, I have failed to add a new club in 2019. But the JGR HF2 irons I added toward the end of last season have been phenomenal performers for me. Just a great set of sticks.

My two Stroke Lab putters, I honestly have the same level of confidence in both and although one has a slightly hotter face than the other, I have been able to adjust to it immediately, and can't recall having a round where I regret playing one over the other.Putting has always been the strongest part of my game, but this years it's on another level and that is such a great feeling mentally!

My Epic Flash driver, so forgiving. My misses are so much better now.

No question, PING G410 Hybrids. These have been game changers for me.

Have to say at this moment that the Mizuno ST190 driver I picked up a month or so ago has been a big game changer for me.

1. My Cobra F9 4 iron.

2. My Piretti Matera putter.

Back