The next step in technology

mancest;n8885472 said:
I think it is a ways off, but augmented reality glasses. First thought is to have a shot tracer on each shot to make it easier for players to track each ball in the air, then eventually have range finder ability in them, could also collect ball data/for ball speed/spin/carry for each shot.

And then the line you need to hit on the green to sink your putt a la Tiger Woods on the consoles

Data collection is going to be the big tech. Whether it’s club data or shot tracking or something else. Having data about your shots and being able to apply that data instantly if going to be where we see the next big leaps come from.

Maybe not as far down the road as some are looking, but I reckon - based on the recent TXG video and results - that hydophobic coatings are going to appear on a lot more clubs / wedges in the not too distant. It's hard to overlook a 50% deficit in spin in wet conditions for one club, while the Ping Hydropearl coating basically retains 93% spin.

TheDoctor;n8886581 said:
And then the line you need to hit on the green to sink your putt a la Tiger Woods on the consoles

that would be cheating and against the game of golf my friend... but I could see it coming.

Back