Drink limit per Round?

JDax

The Finley Cooler
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Handicap
GHIN 12.1
I know a lot of THP’er like to enjoy an adult beverage (or many) while they are playing a round of Golf.

What is your drink limit before you start feeling that it has a negative impact on your performance?

Personally, my limit is 4 per 18 holes, after 4 I think that my performance is hampered. I’m Catholic and grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, so your mileage may vary.

• Staff
*Grandaddy “Firestarter” Contest Entry

If it's beer, I'd say once I get over 6 per 18 it starts to take its toll on my game, if it's a strong transfusion anything over 2 would start to have an impact.

I don't have a limit unless I'm driving. Usually, if I am drinking the course I am playing in something like a scramble tourny, or with a group of THPers and just don't give an F about how I play.

When I am playing my normal rounds, I don't drink on the course.

Back in the day it was a beer every 3 holes. Nowadays, 0

• Staff
BuckNasty;n8885612 said:
If it's beer, I'd say once I get over 6 per 18 it starts to take its toll on my game, if it's a strong transfusion anything over 2 would start to have an impact.

“Strong Transfusion”= Crown & 7

For me...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh good lord. If I had a beer during a round I'd be hosed.

When on golf vacations in the UK I've been known to have a half-pint with lunch between my morning and afternoon rounds. But even a full pint with lunch makes the afternoon round a bit iffy.

I remember on one trip, I played in the morning and then had lunch with guy I was going to play a match against in the afternoon. He treated us to a bottle of more than decent claret with lunch and I swear I had like two glasses and he finished the rest of the bottle. He beat me like a drum, I could barely get the club on the ball for the first nine holes.

4 beers and or 2 Bloody Mary’s and or 2 shots of Crown

I rarely drink during the round but after 4 beers I am on the decline

I’ve never had a drink while playing. Maybe I should start

A lot of variables like temp, type of drink, but usually anything over 2 per 9 and it'll impact me. Last round I only had 1 and it can sometimes chill me out if I am playing bad and that allows for me to relax and swing easier.

used to be after my 3rd or 4th per 18. Nowadays I don't have any.

Even when I did drink I never did while golfing. Might the only thing in my life I can say that about.

Depends on the beer but 4-6 light beers every 18.

LLIB;n8885626 said:
I’ve never had a drink while playing. Maybe I should start

Actually during a round I've only done it once. Guy offered me a sip of Scotch from his flask on a cold day. It was so good I had a second sip.

Warmed me right up from my head to my toes but had a woeful effect on my coordination and balance. Never again.

If it's beer 2-3 per nine, if it's bug juice (Tito's and whatever fruity thing there is to mix with from Gatorade to lemonade) it's about 3 beverage before game goes to sh!t, but at that point I really don't care!!

I do not imbide until the back nine. The limit depends on how I am playing and if I am driving afterward. I did play with a friendly Canadian that insisted the foursome did a shot of "Hot Damn" after every birdie. Funny how the birdies became less frequent as the day wore on...

ddec;n8885615 said:
I don't have a limit unless I'm driving. Usually, if I am drinking the course I am playing in something like a scramble tourny, or with a group of THPers and just don't give an F about how I play.

When I am playing my normal rounds, I don't drink on the course.

Agree with this, usually only drink during a fun thing, hardly ever during a normal round.

About a beer per 9, although a Bachelor's party or best shot where I'm not driving could escalate that number.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

3 or 4 is usually it. After that my swing gets a bit loopy.

2, 3 tops

My game gets better after 2 and worse after 5. It's a fine, fine line.

oumagic;n8885769 said:
I do not imbide until the back nine. The limit depends on how I am playing and if I am driving afterward. I did play with a friendly Canadian that insisted the foursome did a shot of "Hot Damn" after every birdie. Funny how the birdies became less frequent as the day wore on...

I attempt not to drink until the turn also... 10:00 AM seems more reasonable to have a drink instead of 8:00 AM...

I feel like my game gets better with 1 or 2, but after that it starts to go a little downhill.

Back