Drink limit per Round?

Fresh out of college, my buddies and I would play beer a hole. I can't say I could begin to comment on how I played (or even finished walking around the course). Now days I save to beer and cocktails until after I finish the round.

I try to follow the adage of; 2 drinks, no more and no less. When playing 36, I typically wait for the 2 round. For vacation golf...guidelines and adages are forgotten.

Depends how I am playing, but it's usually like this for me. LOL!

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/scontent-dfw5-1.xx.fbcdn.net\/v\/t1.0-9\/68413665_2932788733460218_6468603059994886144_n.jpg?_nc_cat=103&_nc_oc=AQlJV8MVzJ0ePMyJA1oo7pIakQaBd4XAGyt_WMwiOguroVmmxbUUHtWmUWDjWKLv4wE&_nc_ht=scontent-dfw5-1.xx&oh=abcb65ecbb79a2c3407fb34147311495&oe=5DDD33B0"}[/IMG2]

I don't drink while playing very often and the most I've had on a course is probably 2 beers.

I hardly even drink any alcohol while playing. I think I have drank maybe 3 or 4 beers total in the 160 or so rounds I have played this year. Anything after 3 would likely cause a decline.

3-4 beers is about all I’ll drink out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I usually abstain while on the golf course. But have been known to break that rule on rare occasions. Usually the 19th hole is where I have my beverages.

6 pack is easy to handle. I don't drink normally, but when I do, I probably average 1 per every 2 holes.

I am impacted more by the number of drinks the night before a round.

Drinks on the course only hurt my round the next day.

from 1-2 beer normally, but have tossed back more than a dozen a few times this year. I can golf drunk... chip not so much.
Much easier than playing hockey drunk.

obedt;n8885800 said:
My game gets better after 2 and worse after 5. It's a fine, fine line.

This is probably about right for me too, depending how fast they're all consumed of course.

Wasn't there a study done about this a while back ???
I would be in the 3 - 4 category as well before my skills start to diminish.

Usually buy 6 and take 2 or 3 and can't tell any difference when I don't drink.

Sent from my BLA-A09 using Tapatalk

JDax;n8885601 said:
I know a lot of THP’er like to enjoy an adult beverage (or many) while they are playing a round of Golf.

What is your drink limit before you start feeling that it has a negative impact on your performance?

Personally, my limit is 4 per 18 holes, after 4 I think that my performance is hampered. I’m Catholic and grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, so your mileage may vary.

So you started really early before going up against Finley?

:alien: :angel:

My golf game doesn’t suffer till at least 6 coors or bud lights. Until then it only gets better haha

If beers around 4-5, strong cocktails 3-4, after that my game starts to decline which is doesn't need anymore help doing that

No limit for me, really. I could have 8 beers and still be fine. Im from Wisconsin though and people there are in their own league when it comes to drinking.

Prior to a few years ago 2 on the back 9.

Now -0- after playing a 6 hour round in 95* temps and having my usual.

They taste better after the round.

I typically do not drink a lot. I can go 6 months to a year(s) between drinks.

I never have more than 3 beers and never more than 1 after the turn. Not because I think it will affect my horrendous golf game; but because even if I'm not drunk I don't want to drive after having more than that.

JDax;n8885601 said:
I know a lot of THP�er like to enjoy an adult beverage (or many) while they are playing a round of Golf.

What is your drink limit before you start feeling that it has a negative impact on your performance?

Personally, my limit is 4 per 18 holes, after 4 I think that my performance is hampered. I�m Catholic and grew up in Baton Rouge, LA, so your mileage may vary.
When I run out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

4-6 beers if fine for me, depending on the type/strengths. If we play beer strokes (finish a beer between tee off to sinking a putt) then it might be a couple extra but I always make to hydrate with actual water/Gatorade and eat something so those beers don't go right to my head

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I enjoy my adult drinks after the round. Might have something to do with playing in the heat more often than not. Now if we're counting liters of water, hell I pound those down constantly during the round.

OITW;n8886066 said:
So you started really early before going up against Finley?

:alien: :angel:

Well I was at this place the night before....

3d28d48df21f239f7ea33fa1425ab405.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back