etakmit

Reaction score
Handicap
Do you have unwavering brand loyalty when it comes to replacing clubs or golf balls?

I'm a Titleist guy - and I'm due to update my bag (driver through PW or so). That means its fitting time. However instead of going in with an open mind I'm going in with an irrational love for Titleist. So my fitting will be to see which line fits my game best and the shafts that work with them.

Which route would you take? Try ALL the things and play what is the absolute best or try only the things that you like and stick to that regardless of possible better outcomes with another brand?

Yes, I have basically played some version of Callaway, Titleist and Ping since I bought my first set of clubs. I still have that combination. I have a serious loyalty to my Anser 2 putter. I have played it since 1996 or so. I do not see changing anytime soon.

Right now not really, my mind will probably change in December. :D

Brand loyalty robs people of being fitted for the correct clubs. After 15 or so years of playing the same clubs and past 2-3 years of not paying attention to golf, save whatever Tiger was doing, I went and got fitted. I had no idea what brands were popular with average joes. I assumed Taylormade because all the big tour guys are playing TM. Ended up with far different set than I imagined. I tried everything with an open mind and the brands I expected never made it in the bag. Not even close.

Fitter even told me he would fit someone for a driver and the customer would purchase something else because they played XX brand for years. Didn't matter that Trackman said they hit YY brand farther and straighter. Brand loyalty will add strokes to your game.

No brand loyalty across the board. Woods and hybrids are Callaway, irons are Taylormade, wedges are Cleveland, putter is custom, still searching for the right ball. TP5 and ProV1 are the top choices now. The closest thing to loyalty is the previous wedges were Cleveland. Went from 588 to RTX4.

Not really. PING always gets my attention with irons, but I haven't played a set of those in quite some time.

I’ve got 3 brands in my bag and won’t change for anything

Yes, I am a Callaway guy. I may change my mind if Darth Finley takes me to the woodshed.

Callaway and UST Mamiya have treated me and other THPers exceptionally, and so they will get first crack for the foreseeable future.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I lean towards certain brands first, but at this point I'd be willing to give most if not all brands a fair shot at the bag. Will do my best to always game at least one Callaway/Odyssey club.

I would say I now have brand loyalty in my golf apparel selections. I didn't owned anything golf related from Puma until getting into the Morgan Cup, but it is now my favorite brand by far across all clothing options (shoes/pants/shorts/polos/hats). The shoes are the most comfortable I've ever worn, pants/shirts are made with high quality stretch materials and fit true to size, and their snapback flexfit hats fit my giant dome perfectly and provide an excellent level of comfort.

I tend to lean towards some brands more then others. For apparel and footwear it’s always two companies only

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have had some favorites in the past, but since July 17th, I'm Callaway for the foreseeable future. :)

Yes.

Good, bad, or indifferent it is and likely always will be Callaway.

The experience I was treated to, the people I met, I will always represent them in my bag.

Hogan will be more choice for irons and wedges until I find something that is better for me. Unless I get into THP events that show me differently, my lack of available resources to try will keep me in Hogans. As far as woods, I will look to Hogan and Callaway first and will likely end up buying either or a combination of the two. Bridgestone for balls. Will try others when I find them but always go back to Bridgestone.

I definitely I have brands of clubs that get the first look, but I’ll generally try out others for sure. For shafts it’s always UST Mamiya though...

I have a loyalty to Callaway/Odyssey/Toulon in that they will always get first shot at my bag but the clubs have to perform for me. The great thing is that has always been their message since the first time I met a Callaway employee. They just want the chance to prove what their equipment can do but want the consumer to play what fits them best. Outside of that I enjoy tinkering with equipment too much to not try other products.

I have some loyalty to Callaway and W/S in the sense that I'll always give their gear a fair shot at any opening in my bag, but at the end of the day it needs to perform the best for me to buy it.

I'm more the opposite. There are brands which I won't give my money to and won't give them a chance. I guess I'm more likely to be a hater than a loyalist.

unwavering? no. i have preferences for companies that have been great to me. cobra, callaway and project x. but that just means they get my first look unless something beats them in a testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

There are certain brands that are more important to me than others so when I go to a fitting or buy new clubs, those brands get a harder look than others. Callaway might be at the top of that short list by the end of the year lol.

I used to be pretty brand loyal but not so much anymore. Being brand loyal is really kind of silly because there is no way that 1 manufacturer makes the best gear top to bottom for you. Not to mention, limiting yourself to just 1 brand keeps you from maybe finding what clubs are best for you because you have some image in your mind of what the best brand is.
I do have brands that I like but Im pretty open-minded and I try to look at performance instead of brand.

I recently tried an all Ping bag and that was a fail with fw's and hybrids.

Going forward it is the best of the best for my game.

Love it - seems most people have *preferences* but will vary for the sake of their game. That's the right outcome and the battle I fight in my head. Fortunately Titleist gear usually ends up coming out on top for me when tested against other clubs OR if it doesn't its nearly on par with other things so I don't feel that I'm losing anything.

I have had a preference for Wilson Staff product for years. I find myself more open to look than ever. There is so much great stuff out there. Brands like Hogan and Exotics who play the underdog role very well. I guess the answer is that I dont have a preference for the large brands. They dont need me. I like to be a bit out of the mainstream.

No brand loyalty as of right now but I can be bought.

Back