You have to play one brand for the rest of your life

Titleist ... DUH! :micdrop:

Jman;n8887142 said:
I honestly couldn't and wouldn't choose. Cop out answer, but its true.

I guess I don't see it as a cop out answer... Part of my primary enjoyment of the game is playing what I want to play, and/or what fits me best... Every single fitting I have ever done has led to a mixed bag, even excluding brands I have a preference for. I'm just not interested in limiting my full enjoyment of golf by limiting what I look at for equipment.

Ping
Nuf Ced

If it’s including everything equipment wise, it would probably be a very close battle between Callaway and titleist with titleist getting a small edge because of their ball, but I like odyssey putters better haha.

Callaway for sure. They offer just about everything in a lefty option and also make great balls.

If I had to choose one it would be Ping.

I am not good at these hypothetical ultimatum questions. 2 years ago I would say Ping. 1 year ago I would say Titleist. Today, TM is on the radar...

Cobra, Callaway, Mizuno...all great

I would never commit to one company for life. Ownership changes, strategy changes, technology changes - - - the landscape is always changing. Imagine those folks that would have said Nike a few years back? They’d be playing Sasquatches.

Sorry to abstain.

(gun to head - Ping)

Srixon/Cleveland/XXIO. I would be perfectly happy with these the rest of my golf life.

If I had to choose it would be Callaway. For one they consistently seem to offer a very good product from top to bottom plus their putters are fantastic. Even more the people that work there are some of the best in the business and they truly care about the consumer.

First choice is probably Callaway. 2nd/3rd would be Srixon/Cleveland and Cobra, but I'm not sure of the order.

tequila4kapp;n8886518 said:
If we assume companies stay on similar trajectories and paths it’s Callaway for me by a landslide.

yep this right here. even before the grandaddy this would have been my answer, because of the putter options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’ll take Ping. Although I do like and play Callaway.

Tough call because theres so many companies who are making great gear right now. Id probably go with Wilson. They make great clubs that are very affordably priced and I love the history of the brand. Im a big fan of everything theyve been doing lately and the Wilson Duo is one of the best balls Ive tried lately (although I dont love that theyre made in China).
Titleist is a close 2nd for me but I feel like some of their clubs are a bit overpriced, especially Vokey and Scotty Cameron.
Ping would be another good option but they dont make balls, so theyre out.

I feel like I’m the only person who says TaylorMade lol every fitting I’ve went to, from irons to woods and my putter, TaylorMade took the number one spot. I’d play TaylorMade wedges if my ball striking was better, but Cleveland helps out there.

Callaway or PING, but that would be clubs only as I don't typically like the balls or clothes of either.

wubears71;n8887746 said:
Callaway for sure. They offer just about everything in a lefty option and also make great balls.

The lefty inclusion is important to me, also.

I'm with JMan on this one. I've always played a mix bag of the following....

Woods/Hybrids = Taylormade or Callaway (Callaway in the 90's and TMade over the last 10 years)
Irons = Mizuno or Srixon (played MP Grads, MP14's, MP29's which I still have and play, JPX and the MP20 line has my attention currently playing a mix of Srixon 785's PW-6, 585's 4 &5, and U85's 3&2)
Wedges = Titleist Vokey or Cleveland (played the old 588's for about 20 years...currently playing SM7's)
Putters = Ping BeNi, Scotty Cameron Classic Newport 2, or Taylormade Spider Tour Red

I would pick Callaway, this has been my last 2 sets and they just perform for me well. Every time I have tested other brands there has been some good one but I just hit the Callaways better.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I'd say Callaway, and probably would have prior to joining the Grandaddy team. I still play the XR16, really liked the Bertha ('15), and love the EXO putter line. Feel like there's plenty of options if I was limited to just that company.

10 years ago I would have said Ping. Now it is Callaway and has been for many years, well before being fortunate enough to experience #TheGrandaddy as Callaway equipment just works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phil75070;n8889705 said:
10 years ago I would have said Ping. Now it is Callaway and has been for many years, well before being fortunate enough to experience #TheGrandaddy as Callaway equipment just works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Are you a lefty, Phil, or am I confusing you with someone else. I ask because wubears cited the lefty options at Callaway as ne of the reasons that Cally would be his choice. It's a factor for me, also. I think the only thing that I've seen from Cally, lately, that didn't have a lefty option was maybe a murdered out option on some irons in the last couple of seasons.

I love the fact that Callaway remembers that there are those of us that play from the other side.

Back