Votes: 12 52.2%
  • Other

Votes: 3 13.0%

• Total voters

Buster1

Reaction score
Handicap
9 GHIN
Talking modern wedges, say Cleveland RTX or Titleist Vokey?

What is the better wedge, and WHY?

I prefer cavity back iron set wedges to blade style wedges. I think forgiveness is needed more so in a wedge than most all other clubs. Wedges are used to play off the worst lies, so forgiveness helps.

If I was to choose between the two Vokey. Like the way they set up behind the ball

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've always preferred Cleveland over Titleist. Find they offer more forgiveness along with the precision both enjoy.

That said, I've most recently played Callaway and Fourteen wedges.

I have both, and I have been playing the v sole Clevelands for a little over a year. I enjoy them alot. But I've played Vokey wedges for as long as I can remember before that, and will probably order a set from Wedgeworks when these Rtx3's wear out.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I like Vokey's, but that traditional shape is not as good in a lob wedge IMO. I also would go for a cavity back wedge in a club I was using more for full swings. I like the big faced wedges in a lob wedge.

I love Vokey wedges. That’s my long term preference, although I happily used the original Cleveland 588 wedges back in the day

But I can’t really choose an option on this poll as I don’t think either one is “better“. I think both the CBX and the SM7 are top notch products and I would be OK using either, although personally I will buy the Vokey every time

The early Vokey wedges were darned near knock offs of some of the 588 shapes. But the current Cleveland range is pretty unique, so it really comes down to if you like that shape more than what is now considered traditional.

Et Tu Brute? ;n8888149 said:
But the current Cleveland range is pretty unique, so it really comes down to if you like that shape more than what is now considered traditional.

You don't think the RTX-4 is considered traditional?

I went with Cleveland because I have enjoyed their wedges (older, mainly forged versions) more in the past. I would put Cleveland #3 for me personally behind Hogan and Mizuno.

My experience- it’s tough to go wrong with either. If I were to nitpick, I think Titleist doesn’t have an option that provides what the CBX 2 can, but on the higher lofts Titleist may offer a little bit more in terms of grinds.

Still one of those where you can’t really go wrong with either imo.

Vokey all day. Unless you prefer a CB wedge (which is useless because loft makes the club forgiving enough that CB vs blade doesnt matter), theres really no reason to choose a Cleveland over a Vokey.
Vokey offers you so much more choice and so many more ways to find the perfect wedge for you bag. Not to mention, IMO, a Vokey is a much more well-crafted club than a Cleveland is.

I have both in my bag. I'm pretty sure I could make both work if I could only choose one. I do think Cleveland has better options with the cbx 2 that vokey doesn't offer, but vokeys are very nice if you like a blade wedge. Cleveland also offers raw wedges at a better price but not in left hand.

I'm a fan of the v-sole on my 54*. Definitely a great grind for both full swing and green side play.

Only thing I wish is for them to bring back the wide sole low bounce grinds with a bunch of camber. Both have offered the grind in the past but not currently and i love the grind in my lob wedge.

If I had to pick I'd go Cleveland because I'm just not much of a titleist fan.

That said, I choose Ping and would choose them every time over C&T.

I have never gamed a Cleveland wedge not for any reason other than I just haven't. I do love my SM7s tho and have gamed Titleist wedges in the past and loved them just the same.

I have played both. I really liked the Vokey S6’s and would still play them. The Cleveland wedges that I play have a much better feel for me, especially on full shots. I am waiting on a CBX 2 in a 60 right now as well.

Personal preference of course, but for me it’s Cleveland.

It is all personal preference really, what fits your eye and how it feels to you. I have had both and would game either one and currently on SM7's

I've played both CBX and Vokey SM7 wedges, 48*, 52* & 56*. I now play Ben Hogan Equalizer wedges, same lofts. There's something intangible playing the Equallizer wedges but I can't put my finger on it.

I've always enjoyed my Vokey's, I've tried some others, but have always ended up back with Titleist.

I've always been a Cleveland wedge guy. Something about the Vokeys never did anything for me.

I prefer the variety of grinds of Vokeys but wouldn’t have an issue gaming Cleveland’s if needed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both are going to be fantastic choices. I think the biggest differentiator was the head weight, Vokeys are slightly heavier at least mine felt that way when going from one to another.

Any reason why you don’t try a callaway wedge like the md4 or PM grind?

I would go with Cleveland, but that is just me.

A special place in my heart for Cleveland Golf.

Back