What’s Your Impulse Buy???

chefkritter

It's the most wonderful time of the year
Reaction score
Handicap
As i was going through my closet today I realized I have a ton of 1/4 zip pullovers, some from tournaments, golf courses, local store or course. It kind of gave me a laugh as I am fully prepared for the harsh fall and winter conditions that Houston has to offer. LOL.

It made me wonder what other “must haves” people have out there when they’re looking at golf gear, clothes, shoes, socks, yeti’s, hats.........I’m trying to show my wife that its perfectly “normal” for golfers have some kind of must haves when you’re looking around or perusing the pro shop or gift shop.

I always end up buying a towel, even if I don't need anything.

So many darned towels kicking around!

I'm usually pretty good in the pro shop, but I keep wanting to get new irons and I think that I've found a second set that should satisfy the urge.

none for me tbh. i always feel like i’m being taking for a ride on pricing in a pro shop.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

New clubs, polos, hats... I shop too much because I'm a sucker for a deal. But the one thing that gets me at a golf store is Truvis balls. GG always has beautiful displays of the new designs, so the second I pick one up, I buy a dozen.

The only thing I've ever bought from pro-shops are poker chips and those are only when I travel for golf.

My impulse buys are always clothes online. Typically, I'll get an email that my favourite online retailer is having a sale and I'm hooked.

Shirts. Whether from my club or a course I’ve played, a tournament I’ve attended, an OEM whose equipment I use or just a good deal on a brand I like, I’m a sucker for a polo. When I got married and moved to Oxford, I had accumulated 100 or so shirts. Most all were culled because they were old and I lost a bunch of weight. With some more weight loss over the last year, I’m down to about 25.

Unless I've traveled to some great course It's pretty rare that I buy anything in the clubhouse. The prices are always too high and I can't get myself to splurge. The one thing I will buy is a ball marker though since that's about the only thing I collect.

I buy a shirt, belt or 1/4 zip from just about every bucket list type course I go to, to remember the THP Event.

I’m getting ready to board a flight and am wearing a Haig Point Straight Down shirt right now.

For me its probably hats and towels. Both are cheap that its fairly easily to amass too many of them without realizing it. A couple months ago, I went out and bought a towel for my vintage bag and then was going through my closet and found like 3 or 4 of them.

Ball markers, anytime I play a new course if they have there own ball markers I will grab one.

Ball marker, divot tool, or putter headcover.

I normally always buy a ball marker and a shirt if I really like it.

Ralph Lauren RTX polo shirts. They are my absolute favorite and if a course has them I impulsively buy one even though I had no intention to.

For me its hat or bag tags. I like to remember some of the special courses I've played and the hat or bag tag is usually an inexpensive way to do that. The only other thing would be a polo, but sometimes I'm picky where the course/resort places their logo on the shirt.

Hats. I have a closet that's basically a small Lids.

Tervis Tumblers and hats for me.

chefkritter;n8888919 said:
As i was going through my closet today I realized I have a ton of 1/4 zip pullovers, some from tournaments, golf courses, local store or course. It kind of gave me a laugh as I am fully prepared for the harsh fall and winter conditions that Houston has to offer. LOL.

It made me wonder what other “must haves” people have out there when they’re looking at golf gear, clothes, shoes, socks, yeti’s, hats.........I’m trying to show my wife that its perfectly “normal” for golfers have some kind of must haves when you’re looking around or perusing the pro shop or gift shop.

Right there with you it seems like 1/4 zips all of a sudden I have 10-12 also Callaway polos lately/

Shirts, visors, ball markers & head covers if it’s a special course. If not, maybe just a ball marker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I buy a ball marker from each course I play, but that's pre-meditated so I don't really count that as impulse. However, if I see a dozen balls at a good price, you can bet I'm snapping it up. :good:

chefkritter;n8888919 said:

Putters. Including my latest, which I should not have bought.

The one thing in my bag that is solidified the most gets the most competition haha - So dumb

Canadan;n8890913 said:

The one thing in my bag that is solidified the most gets the most competition haha - So dumb

I need to see this collection sometime.

Canadan;n8890913 said:

If you “must have” putters, then what the hell do we say for me?

Back