What is the last piece of equipment you bought that actually lowered your scores?

GoingLefty

Reaction score
Handicap
For me it was a Tommy Armour Impact 3 mallet putter. As soon as I held the putter I knew I was going to putt great with it. I've only had that feeling one other time with a club (a knock-off Cobra driver I won in a KP contest when I was 14) and it was right on. My first round out with it I drained a 25 foot putt for 3 skins and 6 holes later I drained a 35 footer for 3 more skins. I hadn't made a putt over 15 feet all year up to that point. I've bought lots of equipment over the years that has made no difference in score for me, but sometimes it has a major impact. What about you guys?

17AV3M2018TLGNFNGPTRB?wid=425.jpg

Strokelab Double Wide Putter. This has definitely lowered my scores with consistent lag and short putts.

Callaway sure out 60*. Massively improved my bunker plaht

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Odyssey Oworks putter. The quality of the roll and the extra forgiveness I’m getting absolutely help me

GoingLefty;n8889187 said:
For me it was a Tommy Armour Impact 3 mallet putter. As soon as I held the putter I knew I was going to putt great with it. I've only had that feeling one other time with a club (a knock-off Cobra driver I won in a KP contest when I was 14) and it was right on. My first round out with it I drained a 25 foot putt for 3 skins and 6 holes later I drained a 35 footer for 3 more skins. I hadn't made a putt over 15 feet all year up to that point. I've bought lots of equipment over the years that has made no difference in score for me, but sometimes it has a major impact. What about you guys?

Same for me. The Tommy Armour #3.
a8df9343f05f5701243f0c442bcf4307.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cobra wedges with the versatile grind. They have given me so many makable par putts to save holes and let me open or close the face with complete confidence.

Stroke Lab 1, for me. Smooth as butter.

Cleveland RTX3 wedges.

OWorks #2 putter, and then the Stroke Lab Three after that. I’m a far better putter with those putters after fittings. The Three is basically the same setup as the #2 in the new line.

Evnroll ER2

Callaway Epic Flash driver. Hitting more fairways and longer.

Bushnell V4 rangefinder. There is another thread about what to do when you are playing a course for the first time. That's when a rangefinder really earns its keep. Being able to shoot hazards and distances to trees, and other spots on the course is a big help when on a course you haven't played. It helps some on your home course too. But it really helps your handicap to travel well.

My EXO Indy putter, as I absolutely love it.

scott.french3;n8889557 said:
Callaway Epic Flash driver. Hitting more fairways and longer.

First driver post in the thread, I was expecting more of them. Looks like putters and wedges rule so far.

I can't think of any golf equipment that has served to lower my scores.

DG_1234;n8889692 said:
I can't think of any golf equipment that has served to lower my scores.

I have had a few pieces over the years, but not many. A set of Hogan FTX irons (shot my low round ever at the time my first round out with them), a Cobra knock off driver, a Ping G20 custom fit driver and my putter I posted in the OP. I've bought so much stuff and almost nothing helped haha.

GoingLefty;n8889690 said:
First driver post in the thread, I was expecting more of them. Looks like putters and wedges rule so far.
I have retooled my bag this summer. New driver, new 7 wood, two new hybrids and 2 new wedges. Longer and straighter drives set up better approach shots.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

i honestly can’t say for sure whether equipment has helped much. but for now, i’d say the erc soft golf ball. can’t explain why, but it has me back in the 70s.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

GoingLefty;n8889698 said:
I have had a few pieces over the years, but not many. A set of Hogan FTX irons (shot my low round ever at the time my first round out with them), a Cobra knock off driver, a Ping G20 custom fit driver and my putter I posted in the OP. I've bought so much stuff and almost nothing helped haha.

I have bought lots of clubs with which I strike better shots than the club it replaced. For example , the driver that produces longer and, or, straighter shots, the hybrid that flies higher and lands softer, the putter that feels better etc...But the OP's question was about shooting lower scores, and no new piece of equipment has ever done that for me.

GoingLefty;n8889687 said:
What a great putter eh? Who woulda thought? Thanks to mygolfspy for that tip.

Yep, they were right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Difficult question for me. Switched out a *64 Callaway Sure Out and a *56 Vokey for a *58 PM Grind, and my short game has improved markedly. BUT...I also dug in for the first time and committed much more time to greenside practice, so there’s a bit of chicken/egg conundrum there.

Back