Cobra Connect Review Thread

I had my second straight round where I encountered some version of issues getting the device going properly. Last week it was clearly me, this week it was Cobra Connect. I started the process of initiating the round by downloading the course. This was about 10 minutes before our tee time while standing on the practice green. It was still downloading as we walked off the 4th green. I stopped the download then started it again at that point; this time the course loaded in about 10 seconds. We played 9, so I missed half the round getting the course loaded. This hasn't happened before or for anyone else, so it was just one of those things. Maybe the lesson here is that if the course takes more than a few minutes to load, cancel and start again.

I've had issues like that with arccos before. I try and download the course either the night before or before I leave the house in the morning (using Wi-Fi)

I have been surprised how quickly courses download to be honest. I live in a major suburb of Chicago with wifi connection most of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've had issues like that with arccos before. I try and download the course either the night before or before I leave the house in the morning (using Wi-Fi)

I recall you saying to do it the night before. I thought I did but the system had the course listed twice, one a winter and another a summer version. Basically it is a different routing for the same course. I had downloaded the wrong one. Didn't realize it until just before the round started, otherwise it would have been done in advance.

Really interesting stuff so far. I love the simple value add that this provides for the people who want to use and learn from it. Simple to ignore if you don't care and the price point isn't inflated in any noticeable way. Brilliant differentiation from Cobra.

Really interesting stuff so far. I love the simple value add that this provides for the people who want to use and learn from it. Simple to ignore if you don't care and the price point isn't inflated in any noticeable way. Brilliant differentiation from Cobra.
This is a great comment. It is really worth remembering that this is effectively a free add on to an already very good driver, which itself is already priced less than many competitors. More for less is a great thing. And for anyone who cares about actual driver stats in an easy to use fully integrated format (my own problems these past two weeks aside), this is the real deal.

Trying to procure another Cobra Grip for the Cobra Connect as I want to try it on a different shaft than the stock Fujikura.

Also playing Sunday, so I should have some good thoughts after that.

Trying to procure another Cobra Grip for the Cobra Connect as I want to try it on a different shaft than the stock Fujikura.

Also playing Sunday, so I should have some good thoughts after that.

I am trying to do the same, nothing on the interwebs did you contact CS?

Have to admit, I didn't think this was a big deal and was just a gimmick, but after reading through this thread it's kind of fun addition to the driver.

I am trying to do the same, nothing on the interwebs did you contact CS?
You guys should try CS. As mentioned earlier in the thread, that didn't work for me. I'm curious if you get the same explanation or if Cobra has adjusted their policy.

You guys should try CS. As mentioned earlier in the thread, that didn't work for me. I'm curious if you get the same explanation or if Cobra has adjusted their policy.

I will call and report back.

No dice. Said it was an Arccos issue, that it was agreed with Arccos they would not sell grips with sensors.

I understand this, anyone could go out and buy the tech for the cost of an expensive grip. Its too bad there isn't a system in place for current Arccos uses to purchase them though.

Last edited:

The weather and my schedule are conspiring to keep me off a regulation course where I can use Cobra Connect but that doesn't mean we can't explore some features together.

Let's look at editing a shot. In this case I'm starting with a prior round. Choose "View/Edit" in the left hand corner

8946c58bca3e9a4c022d6c8778be5389.png

Scroll to the hole / shot you want to edit and click "edit" from the bottom right of the screen (if we edit during a round we start here):

b526d51b1fa282235c4eb774591727c4.png

Notice below that the icon next to the ball changes from having an arrow to having some vertical lines. This tells us we are in edit mode.

In order to turn this measly drive into an internet golfer approved shot we simply touch and hold the blue tab and drag the icon to the correct location on the course

0aa575fe70ac59813e41e5869bab9407.png

Click the "Done" button in the upper right hand corner to save the change. It is as simple as that.

I like how the drag feature while looking at the hole is super intuitive. Great design by Cobra.

I am wondering if anyone has tried moving the Cobra Connect Arccos sensor from the original grip to a grip the cut a fitting in the butt end of. The Arccos rep I talked to suggested this. He said carefully remove the sensor when you cut off the grip, then cut a hole in your grip to fit....???? Thoughts?

I would really like to use this and provide feed back with the Hzrdus over the coming days.

I'm not sure about that. I think you may be able to sweet talk CS into selling a CobraConnect grip without the sensor. I think there may also be online instructions online at cobra.com for removing and saving the existing grip for reuse.

I'm not sure about that. I think you may be able to sweet talk CS into selling a CobraConnect grip without the sensor. I think there may also be online instructions online at cobra.com for removing and saving the existing grip for reuse.

I'm wondering about this. I purchased the ladies driver and it came with an undersized grip. I'd like to try it in a standard sized grip and was curious if they would sell the grip sans Arccos unit so I could swap my unit in.

I'm wondering about this. I purchased the ladies driver and it came with an undersized grip. I'd like to try it in a standard sized grip and was curious if they would sell the grip sans Arccos unit so I could swap my unit in.
It sounded like an exception to the rule when I spoke to CS but they were ultimately willing to sell me one without the sensor.

So I guess the question is, having found a shaft I like and trust much more than the Fuji, do I roll the dice with a homemade fix tonight before getting on a plane tomorrow? I would like to collect the data from the 4+ rounds I am going to play in the next three days. Were this not the case I would defiantly do what you guys are suggesting, but I would really like to get more data to help more accurately review both the driver and the Arccos Cobra Connect. I think I will probably roll the dice on inserting the sensor into the stock grip on the Hzrdus.

It sounded like an exception to the rule when I spoke to CS but they were ultimately willing to sell me one without the sensor.

Was it easy to swap over the sensor ?

So I guess the question is, having found a shaft I like and trust much more than the Fuji, do I roll the dice with a homemade fix tonight before getting on a plane tomorrow? I would like to collect the data from the 4+ rounds I am going to play in the next three days. Were this not the case I would defiantly do what you guys are suggesting, but I would really like to get more data to help more accurately review both the driver and the Arccos Cobra Connect. I think I will probably roll the dice on inserting the sensor into the stock grip on the Hzrdus.

Couldn't you pull the Cobra Connect grip and just keep it in your cart. Hit your normal drive.
Then make a mock swing with the connect grip to register the shot ? If it's based on hip mvt it should pick it up. If it's based on hip mvt and sound of ball contact then that will not work.

Was it easy to swap over the sensor ?

Unfortunately I can't help you - I never purchased a second shaft. The CS person I spoke w/ mentioned there were instructions online and something about vaseline, IIRC.

Couldn't you pull the Cobra Connect grip and just keep it in your cart. Hit your normal drive.
Then make a mock swing with the connect grip to register the shot ? If it's based on hip mvt it should pick it up. If it's based on hip mvt and sound of ball contact then that will not work.
It's movement + sound

I sometimes forget to write my own score on the card...so... this would be a bit much for me. Even if it were to work. :act-up:

Unfortunately I can't help you - I never purchased a second shaft. The CS person I spoke w/ mentioned there were instructions online and something about vaseline, IIRC.

Are you sure you were still talking grips?:alien:

It's movement + sound

Mock swing with your grip only while a playing partner tees off. If you time it right you'll have both requirements ?

So I popped the sensor 1/2 way out of the grip and there is no way I can rig that thing in a reg grip. That guy on the phone was bonkers.

So I popped the sensor 1/2 way out of the grip and there is no way I can rig that thing in a reg grip. That guy on the phone was bonkers.

I'd have to think the connect Grips have larger/taller butt caps than a std grip to house the sensor.

Back