Cobra Connect Review Thread

So I asked about availability of CC grips on the FB live and TO said they should be available for purchase on the cobra golf site. I can't find them. Anyone else have any luck with this?

So I asked about availability of CC grips on the FB live and TO said they should be available for purchase on the cobra golf site. I can't find them. Anyone else have any luck with this?
I'm pretty sure that is incorrect information; they are not available.

I think the plan is for them to be available. Thought I heard that.

I was able to finagle a different shaft to experiment with this week. I couldn't figure out how to sync the new shaft to my account so I sent an email to CS. I'll post an update with the answer.

I'm hoping to get out to play Thursday and/or Friday. I'll look to verify accuracy of distances given by CC. Is there anything else people would like to know about?

Looking forward to your thoughts T4K

I was able to procure a grip for the Hzrdus Black I have been playing, I will install it this week and look forward to posting some more feed back as soon as I can get out on a golf course. I think I am just going to pop the sensor out of my other shaft and over to this new grip rather than re - pair. Any thoughts?

So is the information in CC available to review on the Arccos website or is it only in the app? I've seen some info on Arccos creating a course analyzer and I'm hoping Cobra Connect data will just sync into it seamlessly.

I have the grip installed on my Elements Helium now (Thanks T4K!)

I am playing Sunday so I should have some really solid feedback.

I am working on pulling the grip from my fuji and I'll putt that one on my MFS White Tie.

When pulling this grip, is it any different than a normal grip? I have an F7+ coming my way, and I will most likely regrip it.

I heard back from CS. Go to settings (use the gear in the upper right corner of the screen) then from you profile choose Repair Club. This syncs your account to the new shaft/CC grip.

On the good side the new shaft / grip quickly and easily synced up to the Cobra Connect application. The application immediately tracked and recognized shots with the new shaft / grip. The "repair club" feature works and is easy to use.

On the bad side Cobra Connect was picking up shots taken by my playing partner and that affected my stats. I thought I was maybe moving my hips or something to trigger the device so I stood behind my wife as she hit and held my phone steady. CC still recorded her strike. So the application was just being extra sensitive today.

I started manually editing my drives to keep my stats correct. Not a big deal. But then - unless I'm misreading the application - Cobra Connect started recording my second shot as my drive:

ae3c5f9d2815dcc32dce7d360c7caf73.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
On the good side the new shaft / grip quickly and easily synced up to the Cobra Connect application. The application immediately tracked and recognized shots with the new shaft / grip. The "repair club" feature works and is easy to use.

On the bad side Cobra Connect was picking up shots taken by my playing partner and that affected my stats. I thought I was maybe moving my hips or something to trigger the device so I stood behind my wife as she hit and held my phone steady. CC still recorded her strike. So the application was just being extra sensitive today.

I started manually editing my drives to keep my stats correct. Not a big deal. But then - unless I'm misreading the application - Cobra Connect started recording my second shot as my drive:

ae3c5f9d2815dcc32dce7d360c7caf73.png

Is your driver "soled" or do you have it upside down when your playing partner(s) hit?

Arccos should be in "Sleep/Hibernate" mode when the sensor is upside down - I have installed the grip you gave me (THANK YOU!!!) (which was a total PITA to install - not complaining but the plastic in the grip made it one heckuva challenge to install not to mention getting the sensor in the grip - if I had used acetone it probably would have been easier lol

Is your driver "soled" or do you have it upside down when your playing partner(s) hit?

Arccos should be in "Sleep/Hibernate" mode when the sensor is upside down
It was grip down in the bag.

Hmmm that's weird I would contact arccos

Stats from my last two rounds:

86c37ae476e9b798d2f08d4c0e9543b8.png

1a4dcd7be83a87200d724c377542363b.png

We have talked before about a 15% difference in distance due to weather. The stats from Cobra Connect allow us to see that appears to be correct (218 x 1.15 = 250.7).

I find it interesting how much accuracy matters in the statistical rankings the application gets us. Consider that my relative distances are equal between these two rounds. But in the most recent round I hit 7 of 12 fairways. In the prior round I hit 8 of 9 fairways. My "handicap" rating essentially doubled and my rating vs peers went from 31% to 69%. That really shows us how much Cobra Connect values finding the short grass.

My dad picked up an F7 and removed the grip and saved it in case I wanted it. I'll think I'll have it installed on my F6+ and have some fun with it.

I'm taking mine on its maiden voyage today.

0007423b8f5d9c8294733d14c605a41c.jpg

Got it out for the 2nd time.

1st in Matrix Shaft (Thanks T4K)

Battery took up 75% i was using both Cobra Connect and Arccos though

Accuracy was pretty good it did pick up some phantom swings that I had to correct but that was easy

Distances seemed pretty accurate

I'm on the fence over which sensor I like better

I would love to see this built in a golf pride NDMC grip and then I'd switch from game golf. GG dropped the ball by not following through with their version of a connected grip with golf pride.

Interesting observation. I'm a fan of the stock CC grip so it never really occurred to me that other grips could be desired.

I would definitely prefer another kind of grip especially in adverse conditions but a stock Lamkin is perfect IMO

0b71b7890b02b4b9b4fd8b9b007d7ea6.jpg

So another 9 holes and Cobra Connect is legit

Pretty accurate and i set it and forget it except for the penalty shots lol

It only used 10% of my battery for the round too

This was the White Tie - me likey a lot any questions ask away

Nice distance bump!

Back