Cobra Connect Review Thread

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The new KING F7 line of drivers features Cobra Connect and this thread could be fun as people review the technology as it is really something different being included in the driver compared to other releases.

A bunch of THPers from the THP Event late last year received these drivers and they will be taking part in the review as well as anybody else that gets to try it out.

[video=youtube;cR1URH-0j3c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cR1URH-0j3c[/video]

This could be interesting.

Can't wait to see the reviews!

Noce explanation by senior yagley

The device creates no #internet golfers zones...no hiding from the cold hard truth. On the flip side I understand the device tracks your results and sends you video clips with tips to deal with your issues. That's extremely cool.

A very cool idea

I was reading about Cobra Connect recently, and this tech has really captured my curiosity. I'm really hoping to demo this soon.

Looking forward to reading these reviews. Cobra is definitely building some great momentum these last few years and beyond.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

I'm interested to see how people are liking this as they go. I've never been big on these systems, but the built in one for the driver seems cool.

I think it is too restrictive. It needs to be made more flexible in my opinion!

I was one of the lucky winners in THPAmbition and received my Cobra F7 a few weeks back. So far have logged 2 rounds with the driver, but only used the Cobra Connect feature for one of them.

There is no separate Cobra Connect app; this is housed in the Arccos Driver app which is available both for iPhone and Android devices. Now I am not as tech savvy as some here, or as I was back in my younger days. The app is very intuitive right away though. The first item is to create an Arccos account, much like with any other GPS app. Following that, the next step is to pair the driver. Remove the driver from the bag, and select the Pair Driver option. 2 options will appear - Arccos Driver or Cobra Connect devices. Simply click on Cobra Connect and in a few moments pairing is complete. Very intuitive and easy.

After that there isn't much more to do before playing a round. Arccos and Cobra recommend searching and downloading the course at home before playing. It's best to not start the round until after any pre-round range session.

The app is designed so that once the round has begun, the user put their phone in their front pocket and forgets about it. The app should track every stroke. Full disclosure that is not the approach I took as I was checking the app as I drove up to my ball and hitting the "End Drive" button once I got to the ball. Next round I'll try and only check the app every 3 holes or so to see how effectively it's tracking my shots with minimal interference.

During or after the round the user has the opportunity to share drives on social media, email or text.

Capture_2017-02-04-19-45-18_zpsvgbb7l8c.png

Simply hit the Share button and those options will become available.

Once the round is complete Arccos will start tracking the user's stats.
Capture_2017-02-04-17-53-43_zpsryb5jx44.png

Capture_2017-02-04-17-53-52_zpsewblokj8.png

That's a quick tour through the app. As of yet I have not received any hints or tips. As far as Cobra interaction within the app, there is a Cobra tab in the main menu. This is currently used to provide explanations and troubleshooting of the app, in addition to links to other Cobra products.

I have to log more time with the app to give more complete thoughts. There were some bumps the first time but I believe most of these were due to the user and not the app. I need to take a second look at the battery usage and how accurate the app is at detecting shots without me logging constantly.

One other note - I ordered a second Cobra Connect grip which should be here in a couple of weeks. I now need a shaft to grip. :D

This app could be somewhat useful in terms of testing shafts in real world environments. Also, not having anything jutting on top of the grips makes this much more discreet. That's a plus for me.

Last edited:
Well done obedt sounds pretty user friendly and easy to setup

One other note - I ordered a second Cobra Connect grip which should be here in a couple of weeks. I now need a shaft to grip. :D .
How much was the grip?

Tell me no about how you intend to use this. I understood that you select a club during the set up and those three choices were the F7, F7+ and LTD. Are more clubs listed? How does the app know which club you are hitting? Or do you use the generic Arccos app instead of the Cleveland Connect app for that second club?

How much was the grip?

Tell me no about how you intend to use this. I understood that you select a club during the set up and those three choices were the F7, F7+ and LTD. Are more clubs listed? How does the app know which club you are hitting? Or do you use the generic Arccos app instead of the Cleveland Connect app for that second club?

The grip was about $32-33 with shipping, including the sensor. The price will likely come down as there is more availability.

There are a couple of options in the case that I can't pair up 2 devices to the Arccos app. The quick and dirty option, one I'm hoping to avoid, is to physically change the sensor from grip to grip. I don't want to mess with the structural integrity of the butt end that holds the sensor so I don't think this is the best route. The other is to use a secondary phone.

It's probably a month away from becoming an issue, since the grip just arrived at my brother's house and he's a notoriously slow shipper - plus I haven't bought a shaft for it yet.

Well I'm subscribed. Congrats T4K looking forward to your feedback.

I'll quote my post from the F7 thread on my Cobra Connect experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not only do I dig golf gear, I love gadgets and technology. I love what Cobra is doing with the Connect app, and am eager to learn more about it and see how it can benefit the golfer.

Looking forward to more feedback on this.

Looking forward to your feedback Frank. Been pondering a f7

Sent from my SM-G900W8

Really neat idea. I assume that the grip/sensor would work with any driver, and not just Cobra drivers?

It is really a cool benefit of going to a Cobra driver. The pricing and technology isn't enough, they add in the sensor as well. How cool is that.

Congrats tequila4kapp!! Interesting piece of golf tech to keep track of your distances, hope to read more about your user experiences...I better buy a smaller phone if I'm going to use this, keeping a large 5'7" phone in my front pocket might get in the way.

It will be a little bit before have this in hand but one thing that jumped out at me right from the get go is this is included at no extra charge with the F7 driver, which has a crap ton of tech in its own right, and the entire package only costs $349. Something to keep in mind as we see other drivers push the 5 bills mark.

It will be a little bit before have this in hand but one thing that jumped out at me right from the get go is this is included at no extra charge with the F7 driver, which has a crap ton of tech in its own right, and the entire package only costs $349. Something to keep in mind as we see other drivers push the 5 bills mark.

Yessir.

I think you'll get a kick out of it. It was one aspect of my F7+ review that myself and my HS kids had a LOT of fun with.

Really neat idea. I assume that the grip/sensor would work with any driver, and not just Cobra drivers?

It is really a cool benefit of going to a Cobra driver. The pricing and technology isn't enough, they add in the sensor as well. How cool is that.
As I understand the platform it's a proprietary Cobra version of Arccos. You select / link the app to a specific Cobra driver. I'm not sure if (or how) that matters for the app. Maybe it doesn't matter - you can put a grip any driver and use the CobraConnect app. But maybe you are restricted to generic Arccos if you don't have one of the 3 drivers. TBD

Being that all the tech to the app is in the sensor, I would bet it would work on another driver, after all, Arccos was meant to be moved from club to club and still be useable.

Also, Arccos did release a driver only version, our very own Canadan reviewed it on the homepage.

This technology sounds really cool. Looking forward to Frank's and other's reviews of it.

Being that all the tech to the app is in the sensor, I would bet it would work on another driver, after all, Arccos was meant to be moved from club to club and still be useable.

Also, Arccos did release a driver only version, our very own Canadan reviewed it on the homepage.

Next time you're interviewing someone on THPTV I'm hoping to see a bubble stating that you're a genius hahah

I think what's quoted is 100% correct

Back