Arccos 360 Review

Yesterday was the first round I was able to get through 18 holes using my watch to register all shots. I don't know if they did an update, but it was pretty great. Previously I have never made it through more than 15 holes (usually less) so this was a big jump.

mancest;n8874410 said:
Yesterday was the first round I was able to get through 18 holes using my watch to register all shots. I don't know if they did an update, but it was pretty great. Previously I have never made it through more than 15 holes (usually less) so this was a big jump.

Im still a phone in a pocket guy, but this is encouraging. As is the Link or whatever the spelling is.

I've been beta testing Arccos now for years. The Watch version I'm using now works very well. I have played 36 holes in a day and still didn't drain the battery.

The biggest issue I've found with shot detection is gunk built up in the mic. I actually use my groove brush (soft bristle side) to clean out the mic when a shot is missed. It works all the time. I started having the issue this summer and found the combo of sunscreen and sweat cause it.

Attachments

• photo35680.png
    photo35680.png
    524.3 KB · Views: 1
wubears71;n8874448 said:
I've been beta testing Arccos now for years. The Watch version I'm using now works very well. I have played 36 holes in a day and still didn't drain the battery.

The biggest issue I've found with shot detection is gunk built up in the mic. I actually use my groove brush (soft bristle side) to clean out the mic when a shot is missed. It works all the time. I started having the issue this summer and found the combo of sunscreen and sweat cause it.

This is super promising and I'm going to give the watch another try. My first two attempts the battery died before the round ended but this would be amazing!

Molten;n8874498 said:
This is super promising and I'm going to give the watch another try. My first two attempts the battery died before the round ended but this would be amazing!

Here are the settings I use on my 3rd generation watch. The wake time and on tap settings have the most effect on battery life from what I’ve found.

7c3b010699ae50ceff9f15f581158262.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So, here is where I sit as we come towards the last third of the summer golf season. I still immensely enjoy Arccos, particularly when the sensor is embedded into the grip, rather than screw on.

Attachments

• photo35892.jpg
    photo35892.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 4
JB;n8874415 said:
Im still a phone in a pocket guy, but this is encouraging. As is the Link or whatever the spelling is.

I prefer nothing in the pocket, and I just learned about theatre Mode on the watch... mind blown and I am confident this will get me through rounds more often.

Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I couldn't find a thread regarding this.

What is the difference between the caddie and 360?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

pkellz25;n8879155 said:
Forgive me if this isn't the right place to ask this question, but I couldn't find a thread regarding this.

What is the difference between the caddie and 360?

It is just subsequent versions of the same device. Caddie is the current nomenclature.

mancest;n8878589 said:
I prefer nothing in the pocket, and I just learned about theatre Mode on the watch... mind blown and I am confident this will get me through rounds more often.

What is this theatre mode you speak of with relation to arccos?!

Molten;n8879214 said:

Theater mode is on the Apple Watch. This is to help the battery last longer when using with shot detection.

fuffle master;n8879283 said:
Theater mode is on the Apple Watch. This is to help the battery last longer when using with shot detection.

Makes sense, I’ll try it. Thank you!

Molten;n8879214 said:

The symbol with 2 little masks is apparently not just for use when you go to eyes wide shut like parties as I previously assumed. Click that on and the screen only comes on when you tap the screen or click one of the buttons.

Saves some battery especially throughout a 4 plus hour round.

Last edited:
Theater mode.

Attachments

• photo35954.jpg
    photo35954.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 2
For those of you using the watch in airplane mode (i.e., using its own gps) -- can you still use the phone as a gps rangefinder, without the watch regularly syncing back to it? I often check distance to hazards, and it'd be great if I could have the phone just strapped to the push cart for that, while letting the watch handle the shot detection.

Played my first round with the Arccos this morning. The phone in the pocket was not very noticeable. I didn't get too far into the caddie accessory, but it was pretty dead on with the GPS (compared it side by side with my Callaway hybrid GPS unit)

390956549e50bc3376559a95249d06f7.jpg

Just a different thing:
I have two sets of clubs. One at home and one at our weekend / vacation spot. Can I pair the two sets separately and get info on them?

regards
Henning

I would assume you would need 2 sets of sensors to do that, or if you have the same exact setup in terms of iron numbers wedges and woods, transferring the already paired sensors to those clubs.

Sturgeon22;n8880953 said:
Just a different thing:
I have two sets of clubs. One at home and one at our weekend / vacation spot. Can I pair the two sets separately and get info on them?

regards
Henning

You needs 2 sets. Then you need to unpair one set and repair the other set when using them. Or set up a second account for the second set.

As previously mentioned, you definitely need sensors for both sets. Then, you either maintain one account or pay for a second. If you have only one account, you pair and unpair the two sets, depending which you are using. This will save you money. If you are willing to pay for a second account, you log into the account that has the clubs you are using. The advantage with two accounts is that you build two databases of information, one for each set of clubs. The downside, again, is that you are paying for another account.

Email today said that the “link” is delayed until 2020. I cancelled my preorder

oumagic;n8894931 said:

Yeah, think this is the 3rd delay. Hoping the apple watch gets better as I have enjoyed not having my phone in my pocket for rounds.

oumagic;n8894931 said:

Yeah, I received it, too. It’s too bad, for sure.

Hope they're not like Game Golf whose "Game Golf Pro" was basically vaporware for a couple years then when it finally shipped it was a complete trainwreck, dragging the company down with it.

Doesn't seem like the most advanced piece of technology on the planet but that's two different companies who are totally incapable of making it happen.

Back