OnCore ELIXR Golf Ball

Go with it. Really, really good ball that should perform just fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We shall see. I put them into play last year to decide if I wanted to go that route and we (program) stayed with Bridgestone instead. Price was same, and my #1 was used to that ball. But, its up in the air this year, will either be OnCore, Bridgestone, or TaylorMade

These balls may be ok, but the ma1.0 that I have are complete garbage. Every single one that I use, the cover splits after a hole or two. I wouldn't mind trying these but Oncore at this time leaves me with a sour taste. End rant

These balls may be ok, but the ma1.0 that I have are complete garbage. Every single one that I use, the cover splits after a hole or two. I wouldn't mind trying these but Oncore at this time leaves me with a sour taste. End rant

Did you reach out to the company about the issues you are seeing? Their CS is legit pretty good historically.

We shall see. I put them into play last year to decide if I wanted to go that route and we (program) stayed with Bridgestone instead. Price was same, and my #1 was used to that ball. But, its up in the air this year, will either be OnCore, Bridgestone, or TaylorMade

If price is the same I don’t see a reason to change. But if O.C. is giving a great deal that makes it worth it I wouldn’t hesitate personally. Of course it depends on what is good for the whole team too.

If price is the same I don’t see a reason to change. But if O.C. is giving a great deal that makes it worth it I wouldn’t hesitate personally. Of course it depends on what is good for the whole team too.

Yep, if everyone was playing the same ball on the team, it would be a lot easier. But, unfortunately for my kids I'm a more educated coach than the majority who just slap all their kids into ProV1's, LOL!

Did you reach out to the company about the issues you are seeing? Their CS is legit pretty good historically.

Yes I have. I was pretty much told those balls are a couple years old and sorry about your luck. Next time buy them directly from us.

(I bought them from rock bottom golf)

Yes I have. I was pretty much told those balls are a couple years old and sorry about your luck. Next time buy them directly from us.

(I bought them from rock bottom golf)

Well that's a bummer. I mean, I get it, but still a bit of a bummer for sure.

Well that's a bummer. I mean, I get it, but still a bit of a bummer for sure.

Yeah pretty much, not like they were used or brush found. All were bought new.

They may put out a decent ball but my experience gives me nothing good to say about them. I'm just a little fish in a giant sea though.

OnCore ELIXR Golf Ball

Yeah pretty much, not like they were used or brush found. All were bought new.

They may put out a decent ball but my experience gives me nothing good to say about them. I'm just a little fish in a giant sea though.

The MA1.0 was one I never tried but the metal core never agreed with me. The Elixr is a much better ball and is worth a try if you inclined to give them a second chance.

The MA1.0 was one I never tried but the metal core never agreed with me. The Elixr is a much better ball and is worth a try if you inclined to give them a second chance.

If I find one in the woods I'll use it, other than that I won't give them my money.

I apologize everyone, this isn't the place for my rant. Just thought I would share my experience

Kind of a fun story here with these, my SR #1 bag has signed and his school plays the ELIXR as their team ball. Pretty cool.

Thanks, I went for it. I like free.

Very good golf ball.

Strange company.

But very good golf ball.

Thanks for the code. Easy to register and get them shipped out. I've tried the Elixr a few times. Just solid to me performance wise.

I've thrown this ball in to the mix and I'm pretty impressed with it through two rounds. Ground is still incredibly soft around here thanks to 8,0000 inches of rain. Can't wait for things to dry out and give it a more serious run. Early on though, it's a contender.

I played the ELIXR last fall. I liked it quite a bit. Good distance off the tee and very good feel around the greens.
I did receive a free sleeve again and if the rain ever stops here, I will definitely put this into play again.

i originally put this into a different thread......I played the last round with an Oncore Elixr. Playing conditions were mid 50° temp, damp but not enough to sink/plug the fairways or greens, with a very light wind. Oncore had sent me a 3-pack to try out and this was the first time playing one. Advertised at 95 duro i thought the feel off the driver and irons was perfect. I do not like the mushy feel of say a chrome soft at impact. The ball was very workable off of the irons, seemed to be a lower spinning ball off of the driver as I was getting nice bounce and roll forward off of my drives (i know that sounds like a no kidding statement but I am an all carry guy normally), a lot of spin with the irons where the ball stops right after impact on the green or pulls back 3-4 feet. Great control around the green with checking up or rolling out depending on how you play the shot. I can not speak much on the durability of the cover as i did not hit a tree, cart path, and only a single bunker. I know what I like and dislike in a ball and I would play this ball again for sure. Would it be my "only" ball? No, because I am not that guy and I do not think it displaces the tp5 or v1x.

I've thrown this ball in to the mix and I'm pretty impressed with it through two rounds. Ground is still incredibly soft around here thanks to 8,0000 inches of rain. Can't wait for things to dry out and give it a more serious run. Early on though, it's a contender.
I've got a couple sleeves sitting at home, I need to get them out to compete against my ERC soft yellow and Chrome Soft Truvis

Huge fan of this ball so far. I played on Wednesday and shot my second best score ever. It is definitely being gamed right now for me.

I play my first round with the Elixir tomorrow, but I did go out and do some chipping and putting with it and compared it to the Bridgestone Tour B RX. I really liked the feel of the Elixir and it seem to do exactly what I wanted. I particularly liked the fact t that when putting with it, it had a little softer feel off the putter head (Scotty Cameron Newport 2) and seemed to roll a few inches further with the same effort. Works for me because I wasn't ending up my typical short of the hole.

Looking forward to hitting it with the driver and irons.

Played 18 with the Elixir today and I'm impressed. Soft off the driver, but not mush. Still good feedback. Distance was comparable to anything I've played - Tour B RX, Snell MTB Black, Vice Pro. Durability was excellent. Love the way it feels off the putter. All in all, a really nice ball. This will be my game ball until I find something that feels and works better.

I played 9 holes with the Elixr today. Still not sure about the distance with the driver, I only had 2 opportunities to hit driver and they both came up shorter than usual on those holes. However I got my normal distances with the rest of my clubs. So it could be operator error with the driver.

I mentioned in the Srixon thread about how I love how easy that ball is to spot because of how bright that white cover is. This ball is kind of the opposite for me as I struggle to see it when it's on the ground. It's just about the only complaint I have right now.

I mentioned in the Srixon thread about how I love how easy that ball is to spot because of how bright that white cover is. This ball is kind of the opposite for me as I struggle to see it when it's on the ground. It's just about the only complaint I have right now.

Yep, I don’t want to use the word dingy, but it’s an off white imo.

Back