Cobra KING OS Hybrids

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
Hybrid looks super shallow in that picture. I like that they carried over the alignment aid from the irons to the hybrid. Not for me, as I don't find the F7 hybrid lacking in forgiveness but this is a smart option for them to have in the line to pair w the OS hybrids.

Damn, did not see this coming – wonder how it compares to the F7 with rails – would probably be a great off the tee hybrid – the recoil pairing had me excited.

8 grams lighter with the textreme crown and high launch low spin – definite distance monster

Surprised that the price is $249 that's more than fairways

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hybrid looks super shallow in that picture. I like that they carried over the alignment aid from the irons to the hybrid. Not for me, as I don't find the F7 hybrid lacking in forgiveness but this is a smart option for them to have in the line to pair w the OS hybrids.

I want this in 19 - solely as a tee option I bet it goes for days

• Admin
Damn, did not see this coming – wonder how it compares to the F7 with rails – would probably be a great off the tee hybrid – the recoil pairing had me excited.

8 grams lighter with the textreme crown and high launch low spin – definite distance monster

Surprised that the price is $249 that's more than fairways

Its a really different hybrid than the F7. Which in its own right is a fantastic hybrid.
The foot print on this one is larger, so at first glance I thought I would hate it. It was being explained to me at dinner and I was like "I dont think I am going to like it". Then it was handed to me in the parking lot and I really like the shaping. Then again, the size of the OS irons, not only doesn't bother me, I kind of like them. It has a driver like impact sound that is pretty awesome and gets up well. I was impressed.

Its a really different hybrid than the F7. Which in its own right is a fantastic hybrid.
The foot print on this one is larger, so at first glance I thought I would hate it. It was being explained to me at dinner and I was like "I dont think I am going to like it". Then it was handed to me in the parking lot and I really like the shaping. Then again, the size of the OS irons, not only doesn't bother me, I kind of like them. It has a driver like impact sound that is pretty awesome and gets up well. I was impressed.

I think the OS irons are the best looking oversized iron out there. Seems like I had an initial first impression to you, so I'll keep an open mind on this model.

I like oversized hybrids since visually they seem like fairway woods, which I never really have a problem hitting. The F7 is already plenty forgiving from all accounts, I can't imagine how much forgiveness is packed into this one. A bit of a steep price, though TBH.

Good initial thoughts JB.

Cobra packed a lot of tech into this. I don't mind a larger head in a hybrid at all; in fact I'd guess most recreational golfers don't either.

I like that this will make a seamless transition to the OS irons. Keeping myfly is a good touch. I thought Cobra had done away with it in previous version of their more forgiving hybrids.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Im one of very few that didnt get along too good with the F7 hybrid so perhaps this one will be up my alley. Either that or i just had a real crappy swing goin on when i tried it. Either way i will definately try this one.
JB, how does it compare size wise to your steelhead hybrid?

Im one of very few that didnt get along too good with the F7 hybrid so perhaps this one will be up my alley. Either that or i just had a real crappy swing goin on when i tried it. Either way i will definately try this one.
JB, how does it compare size wise to your steelhead hybrid size wise?

Similar. Maybe slightly longer heel to toe.

Really like the look of it. Just wish it was available in lower lofts.

The tech in these new hybrids sounds great and this will be yet another hybrid that I'll give a try though I haven't had a love affair with a hybrid yet.

While it may be a good compliment to my King OS irons, it will be tough to knock the M2 Rescue hybrids out of my bag. Guess I'll just have to demo one!

Love the looks and the tech in the club. Looks like $250 per club is the market rate for the next step in components

That's a great looking hybrid. I really like that they brought the TeXtreme crown in to this line. I'm not sure I'd love the size of it but it sounds like another great hybrid option.

I need to add another hybrid into the bag, this one might just be the one, love the look for sure, can't wait to give it a swing. I wonder how distinct that pattern is on the crown in the sunlight.

Thanks - more curious to the sound now though - what is the reasoning behind the higher pricepoint? The tech and textreme crown? How is the offset compared to the F7?

This is the first hybrid that has me really considering replacing my D200 hybrids.

Big, easy to hit hybrids that don't have a square toe & don't sit closed at address are hard to come by.

Thanks - more curious to the sound now though - what is the reasoning behind the higher pricepoint? The tech and textreme crown? How is the offset compared to the F7?

Offset is similar to my eye, but I am usually the wrong person to ask as stuff like that doesn't bother me too much. Similar to what was talked about in that THP TV segment about crown technology and weight, this is the same thing. Higher priced materials will mean more expensive clubs. I was actually surprised they were able to create this and offer it at this pricepoint as I assumed it would be $279.

Offset is similar to my eye, but I am usually the wrong person to ask as stuff like that doesn't bother me too much. Similar to what was talked about in that THP TV segment about crown technology and weight, this is the same thing. Higher priced materials will mean more expensive clubs. I was actually surprised they were able to create this and offer it at this pricepoint as I assumed it would be $279.

It's really hard to argue against Cobra being best at the materials/tech for the price. F7 driver at $349 I think is the best deal out there.

Nice looking hybrid. Was about to go all in on the F7's, but I may have to dial that back and see how the OS hybrid plays. Hoping to see these in stores when they arrive.

hmm, just ordered some XR OS hybrids last week and then this comes out.
I was really hoping the F7 hybrid worked better for me but it didn't. Will definitely try this one out once my local shop gets it.

Do not like the the big size or the pattern on the crown. I will be sticking with my F7's! Nothing has come close to those performance wise for me.

Back