Cleveland CBX Wedges

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
The teasers have been coming through social media from Cleveland Golf for the last couple of weeks and today the company is launching the new CBX wedge line to compliment their very complete lineup. THP has all of the details including a THP TV video giving all of the tech here.

https://www.thehackersparadise.com/new-gear-alert-cleveland-cbx-wedges/

Really like the look of these and like the idea behind it for sure. I also thing going the DG 115 for the stock shaft was an extremely good move.

Good looking wedges that look as though they will play as a better extension to GI irons than what is currently out there now.

• Admin
Really like the look of these and like the idea behind it for sure. I also thing going the DG 115 for the stock shaft was an extremely good move.

They did a very good job of hiding the mass. Here is a quick picture sitting next to the RTX-3 CB

cbb7cd184e371886b23660bd59707bd0.jpg

• Admin
I wow that was better than I was expecting for the topline

I will get some better pictures up soon as well. It won't be for everybody, but those that use their wedges primarily for full swings, this could be a really solid offering. I have come away pretty darn impressed.

Good looking wedges. I'll be anxious to read our guy's reviews once they get back from the Shoot Out. I'll be trying them out myself once they hit the stores.

Love it and makes you wonder why it took so long to get this into market (in hindsight and any OEM). Many of us love our CB sets but then start struggling with typical non set wedges.

I would be all over these if not already digging the Smart Sole so much. Looking forward to the feedback from the upcoming event!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DSC00287-XL.jpg

DSC00286-XL.jpg

DSC00291-XL.jpg

This picture really illustrates how they hid the larger mass on the top with that step down almost into a beveled edge. It is virtually unseen at address.
DSC00289-XL.jpg

That's very cool Josh. Can see that "step down" from the top line via side angle really showing how they accomplished it.

These are going to be a big hit.

Looks like the missing link to sets that didn't offer a gap wedge like the Z545s.

Man, I need me a 54* in these... I can't imagine what it would do for my 90 and in game

That last picture explains highlights the bevel really well. That's such an improvement in looks over set GI set wedges. Then when you add the v-sole, face milling and texture, and shaft pairing it looks like a big upgrade over set wedges. Hope people try them out side by side.

I'm curious how they feel around the greens. Have been practicing with my RTX3 50 but not yet comfortable putting it in play for bump & runs. Tbh, if this has been available prior I would probably have gone with this option in that 50 loft.

Look forward to more thoughts from the participants.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

I need a 54* in this line, and a Smart Sole S, stat!! I'm excited to see the reviews from THPers on this line.

Very cool wedge. I don't know that these would be for me but I could see these really helping people on full swings. I'll be anxious to hear what people think once they get them in hand.

Wow those are really well done. It doesn't look at all like a typical CB from address.

wow that was better than I was expecting for the topline
The latest pics help illustrate it, but in hand it looks really good. They did a really nice job working on that area to make sure it looks more in line with the RTX 3. When we had them side by side earlier this year it was something that immediately jumped out.

great Idea, I bet they will be great as a gap wedge repalcement.

I thinking a 50 cbx, a 54 cb and a 58 standard would make for the perfect wedge set

Cleveland CBX Wedges

Great video - I like the background into the tech in the wedges.

I was able to hit these Saturday and they are awesome - I hit the 56 and it was sooo good it was like a hybrid of the RTX 3 and MD3 wedge and it felt great in hand. It had a ton of versatility with shots - i tried many that I use on course. I really wish I could have practiced from deep rough, I bet the rep would have let me so that is definitely a missed opportunity - but from my short time
i think Cleveland has another winning wedge

115 DG Shaft is fantastic!

Thanks for sharing the news, and photos, about these wedges. Definitely think Cleveland developed a significant product line to fill a market need (GI wedges). I'm looking forward to testing, playing, and reviewing this clubs starting next Thursday.

Pretty interesting story here. Not bad Iooking either.

The extra pictures look awesome. Added help and forgiveness is always a plus to me when you can still make the club look this appealing. They hid that cavity pretty well without a massive topline.

Great video - I like the background into the tech in the wedges.

I was able to hit these Saturday and they are awesome - I hit the 56 and it was sooo good it was like a hybrid of the RTX 3 and MD3 wedge and it felt great in hand. It had a ton of versatility with shots - i tried many that I use on course. I really wish I could have practiced from deep rough, I bet the rep would have let me so that is definitely a missed opportunity - but from my short time
i think Cleveland has another winning wedge

115 DG Shaft is fantastic!

Thanks. That was the goal with the voice over videos. To show off and explain the tech, because obviously we have a lot more coming with these as players are gonna put them in their bags at the THP event.

Back