Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

Do the stock steel shafts play to flex? I hit hybrids better than irons and have to admit these are intriguing to me. I have Ping G15s with stock AWT R and although I'm not a massive swinger by any means, the AWT R are a noodle in the mid and long irons.

Dave

Do the stock steel shafts play to flex? I hit hybrids better than irons and have to admit these are intriguing to me. I have Ping G15s with stock AWT R and although I'm not a massive swinger by any means, the AWT R are a noodle in the mid and long irons.

Dave
The TT shafts don't seem soft to me, but I've really been working on letting the club do the work and trying to not over-swing the club.

The vast majority of bad results are when I try to hit it "hard" but that's all me.

They do seem a little firmer than the stock shafts I had in my Diablo Edge irons.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

The TT shafts don't seem soft to me, but I've really been working on letting the club do the work and trying to not over-swing the club.

The vast majority of bad results are when I try to hit it "hard" but that's all me.

They do seem a little firmer than the stock shafts I had in my Diablo Edge irons.

Thanks, appreciated!

Goalie,

How do you find the gapping of the long irons? Do you find the hybrid construction allows the 4, 5, 6 irons to gap properly? I struggle like hell to hit long irons sometimes and find hybrids to be a huge advantage.

Dave

Goalie,

How do you find the gapping of the long irons? Do you find the hybrid construction allows the 4, 5, 6 irons to gap properly? I struggle like hell to hit long irons sometimes and find hybrids to be a huge advantage.

Dave
So, I'm old (49) and don't swing hard anymore due to shoulder issues, so no laughing.

7i = 150-155
6i = 165-170
5i = 175-180
4i = 190-200 sometimes off a tee on a long par 3 it just goes.

This is about where they're at for me with regular steel shafts after 7-8 rounds.

I'll say this-they're pretty consistent.

So, I'm old (49) and don't swing hard anymore due to shoulder issues, so no laughing.

7i = 150-155
6i = 165-170
5i = 175-180
4i = 190-200 sometimes off a tee on a long par 3 it just goes.

This is about where they're at for me with regular steel shafts after 7-8 rounds.

I'll say this-they're pretty consistent.

I'm not hitting it that far.. there's no laughing believe me. Your gapping is really good.

Dave

I'm not hitting it that far.. there's no laughing believe me. Your gapping is really good.

Dave
Yeah, I was previously dealing with my seven iron being the longest iron I could hit well, so approaches from 160-185 were no man's land, as my hybrids went 185+.

My scores have significantly improved, and a lot of it is because from 150-175 I'm looking to be on the green or close to it, not OB 50% of the time.....

I'm getting the same distance and gaping as Goalie, but I'm using the stiff stock graphite shafts. Old here too at 56. I don't feel like the shafts are too soft or firm. They just feel right.

Can't recommend these enough for forgiveness and ease of use. Best round of the year today - 41 on the front, 36 even par on the back. Made a lot of putts today, but these irons were really the reason I played so well. They are getting to be automatic for me.

And, I also agree that swinging too hard does not work and is not needed with these irons. Swing smoothly and you get plenty of distance and great high ball flight. I would describe them as explosive and very forgiving.

I demo'd these at PGATSS today and enjoyed hitting them. The 7 iron doesn't look bad at all, I was wondering how chunky they'd look.. They just inspire confidence :)

I'm seriously considering buying them 6-SW.

Dave

duker51;n8637559 said:
I'm getting the same distance and gaping as Goalie, but I'm using the stiff stock graphite shafts. Old here too at 56. I don't feel like the shafts are too soft or firm. They just feel right.

Can't recommend these enough for forgiveness and ease of use. Best round of the year today - 41 on the front, 36 even par on the back. Made a lot of putts today, but these irons were really the reason I played so well. They are getting to be automatic for me.

And, I also agree that swinging too hard does not work and is not needed with these irons. Swing smoothly and you get plenty of distance and great high ball flight. I would describe them as explosive and very forgiving.
Agreed - smooth easy swings with these clubs works best and rewards you with nice shots.

Sent from my Pixel 3a XL using Tapatalk

Dave, I'm still working with the 4 iron, but the 5 iron has been money. I came from a 6-GW set, and haven't used a 5 iron in years, but this one works great. On the fairway and the tee. It's really good.

How do you guys find the wedges, particularly the DW/AW/GW whatever you want to call it :) and the SW?

Dave

dthrog00;n8874094 said:
How do you guys find the wedges, particularly the DW/AW/GW whatever you want to call it :) and the SW?

Dave
I love the wedge. I use a Smart Sole S though, so can't comment on the sand wedge.

Heard today the new Cleveland lines are coming out in late September. Rumor is they are bringing the Halo name back at least for the irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dthrog00;n8874094 said:

Dave

I have the matching GW and SW and love them. Not clunky and very forgiving. An easy transition through the set to them. Can’t wait to see the new upcoming model.

sabig27;n8877268 said:
Heard today the new Cleveland lines are coming out in late September. Rumor is they are bringing the Halo name back at least for the irons

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Do you mean for the hybrids? I thought Halo was their old hybrid name?

According to the launch sheet I saw the the irons are still called "Launcher"

erock9174;n8877835 said:
Do you mean for the hybrids? I thought Halo was their old hybrid name?

According to the launch sheet I saw the the irons are still called "Launcher"

You are probably right Erock

At bottom of photo shows release date. Rumors are they’ll be subtle changes to the new HBs. New driver and fairway also.

Attachments

• photo35971.jpg
    photo35971.jpg
    221.8 KB · Views: 3
Haha it even LISTS the embargo...

JB;n8879821 said:
Haha it even LISTS the embargo...

Unreal.

Unsurprising too, haha

Is it really a foul if the B&M’s post a sign like that with upcoming release dates ?

My local DSG always has a white board with the dates and names of all new releases about 2 months out.

erock9174;n8880085 said:
Is it really a foul if the B&M’s post a sign like that with upcoming release dates ?

My local DSG always has a white board with the dates and names of all new releases about 2 months out.

Who said foul?

I love my "new" Launchers too much for you guys to be pointing out that new, possibly better, ones may be out soon.

JB;n8880089 said:
Who said foul?

Nobody. With the comments made above it sounded as if the sign in the picture was an issue.

So I was asking if the oems have an issue if a shop with a sign listing the new club releases.

Back