Cleveland Launcher HB Irons

JB could talk better to this but I’m sure the OEM’s don’t want companies, retailors, websites talking about their product before the embargo date. That’s why THPers signed Non disclosure agreements when they are exposed to pre release stuff at events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: JB
boggyman;n8879815 said:
At bottom of photo shows release date. Rumors are they’ll be subtle changes to the new HBs. New driver and fairway also.

..technically speaking, the CBX irons are part of the launcher family. Perhaps we will see an update of those aswell?

Sturgeon22;n8882006 said:
..technically speaking, the CBX irons are part of the launcher family. Perhaps we will see an update of those aswell?

A few weeks back while visiting Cleveland Golf HQ I heard that a new iron with a new name was coming, but it was not a CBX or HB name / iron upgrade but a new iron with a new name that is somewhere in between the 2 lines. Either way we should be hearing something on 9/16.

Personally I would Love to have a CBX2 iron set to match the new wedges that where just released.

David-G;n8882760 said:
A few weeks back while visiting Cleveland Golf HQ I heard that a new iron with a new name was coming, but it was not a CBX or HB name / iron upgrade but a new iron with a new name that is somewhere in between the 2 lines. Either way we should be hearing something on 9/16.

Personally I would Love to have a CBX2 iron set to match the new wedges that where just released.

that would be interesting.

I wonder which line of irons sold better for Cleveland the last time around. The HB’s or the CBX’s.

Following. Fallen out of love with my Launcher HBs.... Next?

Was at my local fitting center today and we were talking Cleveland. Was told that a refresh of the HB is coming, also a new iron is coming but that the current CBX will remain in the lineup. Which I find odd as online retailers have removed it from custom ordering.

Exactly. There is some withdraw from the current line at the moment and prices going down.
I have the Srixon 565 and Launcher CBX in my bags and the CBX are equally great irons. Maybe some cosmetic changes like getting rid of the blue? Even the blue I like, though. Difficult to imagine how Cleveland intends to make the CBX even better. Hopefully, the full line will be available to lefties,

I still love these clubs.

And not some bar-close kinda love. Real love. I don't care of she gets half my stuff in 20 years love.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

My Launcher HB irons and I have not been getting along so I took them to my local (chain) golf store this morning for a possible trade in. They are offering a 50% bonus Labor Day weekend. My sales guy comes up to me with the new Launcher Turbo driver and says to hit a few. It is really aggressive looking, all black. They have a draw and regular version. It is loud, but I really liked the ball flight.

He said Cleveland sent them early, even though release date is October 1. I asked if I could buy it today and use my Launcher HB irons as trade and the answer was “yes”. So, I got $370 as trade allowance against the $349 driver price. With tax, my net cost was basically zero. He said the new Launcher HBs will have thinner profile. Looking forward to trying it on the course tomorrow.

Don’t guess you’’d post any pics of the driver?? Looking forward to seeing it and the new upcoming HB iron.
tucsondivots;n8895845 said:
My Launcher HB irons and I have not been getting along so I took them to my local (chain) golf store this morning for a possible trade in. They are offering a 50% bonus Labor Day weekend. My sales guy comes up to me with the new Launcher Turbo driver and says to hit a few. It is really aggressive looking, all black. They have a draw and regular version. It is loud, but I really liked the ball flight.

He said Cleveland sent them early, even though release date is October 1. I asked if I could buy it today and use my Launcher HB irons as trade and the answer was “yes”. So, I got $370 as trade allowance against the $349 driver price. With tax, my net cost was basically zero. He said the new Launcher HBs will have thinner profile. Looking forward to trying it on the course tomorrow.

tucsondivots;n8895845 said:

So, how are you going to play with no irons?

boggyman;n8895910 said:
Don’t guess you’’d post any pics of the driver?? Looking forward to seeing it and the new upcoming HB iron.

Driver is still under embargo. Don’t worry, we will have pics soon enough.

erock9174;n8883108 said:
that would be interesting.

I wonder which line of irons sold better for Cleveland the last time around. The HB’s or the CBX’s.

The Launcher HB and its not close.
Both sold pretty darn well and to give people an idea of how well. The last month market share data that exists, The Launcher HB outsold some very popular options.

Every Mizuno iron that was not named 919 Hot Metal (it outsold the HMP)
Every Ping iron outside of G410
Every Titleist iron that is not named AP1

Jman;n8895974 said:
Driver is still under embargo. Don’t worry, we will have pics soon enough.

Yeah, that is why I thought it would be best to not post photos but it looks AWESOME! I still have my Rogue X irons so the Launcher HBs were extras for me.
I will share my impressions as I start getting rounds in. I have the 10.5 degree, draw version, regular Miyazaki shaft.

JB;n8895978 said:
Both sold pretty darn well and to give people an idea of how well. The last month market share data that exists, The Launcher HB outsold some very popular options.

They told me the new Launcher HB iron line has some definite improvements in terms of thickness. New hybrids are named Halo.

JB;n8895978 said:

Hahaha, holy crap.

That is really crazy.

Cleveland rep was on local radio golf show here this morning. New iron line called UBX if I heard right. Said info would be on website October 1.

sabig27;n8880499 said:
JB could talk better to this but I’m sure the OEM’s don’t want companies, retailors, websites talking about their product before the embargo date. That’s why THPers signed Non disclosure agreements when they are exposed to pre release stuff at events.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No problem. I will just enjoy playing it! My golf store was surprised they got the ok to sell early.

I've been struggling with the HBs lately. Can't seem to make good contact at all. Last 3 rounds were the worst I've played all year. Playing 9 tomorrow and plan to play my XR irons to see if that makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

dsw1519;n8896102 said:
I've been struggling with the HBs lately. Can't seem to make good contact at all. Last 3 rounds were the worst I've played all year. Playing 9 tomorrow and plan to play my XR irons to see if that makes any difference.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Was same for me. Went back to my Rogue X irons. Hitting them better (contact, distance, trajectory).

I knew it was! It was worth a shot????. I'll be patiently waiting for the pics and more info. Thank you guys for all y'all do here on the site!!
Jman;n8895974 said:
Driver is still under embargo. Dont worry, we will have pics soon enough.

I’m not going to confirm or deny what’s coming, but I will say “if” there are new sets coming, they will be at our Ultimate Weekend of Golf event coming soon where everybody gets a new set of irons : )

JB;n8895978 said:

Positive HB sales are good to hear. That should keep them in the lineup for the future. Coming from the 588 Altitudes these can help a lot of golfers.

I wonder if the recent sales numbers take into account eBay sales. Because I’ve seen HB sets being dumped at really good prices. 5 pc sets are $299 new buy it now from reputable retailers.

erock9174;n8896305 said:
Positive HB sales are good to hear. That should keep them in the lineup for the future. Coming from the 588 Altitudes these can help a lot of golfers.

I wonder if the recent sales numbers take into account eBay sales. Because I’ve seen HB sets being dumped at really good prices. 5 pc sets are $299 new buy it now from reputable retailers.

Market share doesn’t include anything like that. It’s done from GolfDataTech and is the most measurable form of sales data that exists. Used, auction sites, etc are not going to be included.

How many of you guys and gals using these ended up with a mixed set? I played really well last night u(for me)m Calloway Diablo Edge 7-pw and the Launchers for 4-6i.

My distance control seemed a little better with the higher lofted "regular" irons, but man, the 6,5 and 4 are still exponentially easier to hit for me.

I've also started really hooking my hybrids, and can still hit these straight, which is nice.

Back