Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

with every club in my bag being new this year, possibly the best equipment change I made was switching to the B XS for the whole year. All my clubs were custom fit this year and I definitely notice a difference and have confidence in every club.... but this ball has been a huge game changer. Great distance and accuracy off the tee, but damn this ball is amazing around the greens. From 30 yards and in is where ive seen this ball shine over anything else. It definitely stops quicker than any ball ive played this year.

As of July I stopped trying other balls and made the B XS my permanent gamer. I dont think new model golf balls really improve so I loaded up on 10 dozen of these for next year since theyre on sale

I dont think new model golf balls really improve so I loaded up on 10 dozen of these for next year since theyre on sale

Let's revisit this one in January :D

Let's revisit this one in January :D
The whispers I’ve heard are definitely interesting, if infuriatingly vague. ? ?

For a change of pace I played Tour B XS this weekend (in Yellow). I think it is a great ball, I noticed a little extra lift on the trajectory with iron vs. the Z-Star XV and probably even regular Z-Star that I have been playing. Plenty of touch and spin around the green. In a lot of ways, what I get out of Tour B and Z-Star lines makes it easy to switch between them, both lines fantatic. I love the Yellow color and I still think the B logo and dimple in dimple makes for the best damn looking ball in golf. For everyday use, I think I lean toward Tour B X and Z Star XV, but on days where I'm feeling extra, I'd game the XS in an instant.
I honestly think the B is the best logo on a golf ball in the industry.

The TXG guys reviewed the tiger ball a few days ago. (y)

Although I can always appreciate another perspective from an outside source, Im not sure linking another review to a Hackers Paradise thread is the best way to go about it. This thread is literally dedicated to reviewing these golf balls and all of the Tour B line available and there is a ton of information about them. Read through, I bet youll find all or most of that same info in here without linking another review from an outside source. :cautious:

Although I can always appreciate another perspective from an outside source, Im not sure linking another review to a Hackers Paradise thread is the best way to go about it. This thread is literally dedicated to reviewing these golf balls and all of the Tour B line available and there is a ton of information about them. Read through, I bet youll find all or most of that same info in here without linking another review from an outside source. :cautious:

At this point man, we are used to it and all opinions are welcome, as well as links as long as they are from sites that honor embargo dates on equipment.
I do agree though, all of that information has been discussed in this thread.

At this point man, we are used to it and all opinions are welcome, as well as links as long as they are from sites that honor embargo dates on equipment.
I do agree though, all of that information has been discussed in this thread.

Just hoping to protect what THP is about. Golf discussion and equipment discussion within the community. That’s not to say it isn’t a good review or that they are providing bad info. But, it’s a much better discussion had amongst our peers on THP as I’m sure you’d agree.

I have been a fan of Bridgestone golf balls for quite some time now. I played the e6 for a long time then moved into other Bridgestone balls as well as other manufacturers balls. I started gravitating back to Bridgestone balls some time ago and I was mostly playing the B330 RX or RXS and then of course the Tour B RXS or XS. I also playel the e12 a lot. It really depends on how I am swing that day. Well I was selected by Bridgestone to test all of the Tour B balls. Today I put the XS into play. I was really thinking that based on my swing speed it probably would not perform that well for me. Boy, was I wrong! The XS was long, straight, and performed amazingly around the green for me. I had one of the best ball striking rounds I have had in a long time leading to a 38 on the back with 5 of 9 green hit with another one just off the green by a few feet. I had two birdies and two more that almost fell in. The guy I was playing with (whom I play a great deal of golf with) said he didn't remember me ever striking the ball better and the the XS was definitely a great ball for me. I can't wait to play the XS again!!

Last edited:
I am going back to the XS myself sunday, finally lost all the truvis and grandaddy balls I had.

I’ve been playing the XS for over a year now and I won’t be changing anytime soon. Long and great spin around the greens for me. Not the softest ball ever but I love the feel. Plus they’re cheaper than other premium balls.

I've gotten a few rounds in lately with the Bridgestone Tour B X balls I received from the Bridgestone Giveaway here on THP. So far, I'm pretty impressed. They have a ton of feel off every club. Spin is great, but definitely lower than what I was seeing with my gamer ball, which is a good thing. As my swing has been progressing, I have gone from being a low spin player to a high spin player, and struggling to keep full swing wedge shots on the green. I love the feel off the putter face as well. I wonder how different the 2020 version is going to be.

I've read so much about how good the 2020 versions are going to be that I just can't pull the trigger on the current versions.
I'll have too much "I've should have waited" regret stirring up in me...

Last edited:
I've read so much about how good the 2020 versions is going to be that I just can't pull the trigger on the current versions.
I'll have too much "I've should have waited" regret stirring up in me...

My wallet will prefer the 2019 version haha. I'm super curious to see the difference though, as the 2019 version is really really good.

Quite a bit.
I'll have to check them out when they get released. I'll be watching for the details.

After my VFIT results (which was an awesome experience) I have moved to playing the Tour BX almost exclusively. Other balls I ahve played this year are the TP5X (current gen), the Chromesoft X, and the Tour BXS (based upon the online fitting tool, not the VFIT). Of those, I found the most success with the BXS and the TP5X. All that changed since moving to the BX.

It is incredible how much a minor difference in a golf ball has helped my drives and ling irons. When my swing goes off, I generate a lot of side spin which causes me trouble. The BX has been the best at controlling my mishits, but still generates enough spin around the greens so that I do not feel like I am giving up performance with approach and wedge shots. Off the tee, I can absolutely crush this ball. At first, I was concerned that the BX would be a bit firm (I like softer feel), but it has not been at all. I would have never thought about picking the BX off of the shelf if it was not for the VFIT results, and now that I have it, I am not sure I am going to play another golf ball until the 2020 line comes out.

Back