Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

I have. I did it yesterday actually and I did it a year or so ago and its changed. For the good that is. I could be in the B RX or the B XS according to the fitting chart. I say between each because of drive distance, that could vary with me. Getting the numbers on GCQ would be fun and lay it out a little better I believe.

Or, I go buy a doz of each and see how it goes :D That sounds like fun to me

Bridgestone is running a promo if you buy two dozen balls you can redeem for a free Bridgestone polo for added fun :alien:

https://shop.antigua.com/bridgestone/

The fitting process and results are very interesting. I plugged Trackman numbers into the online model and RX was the recommendation. I like the ball and definitely felt it was the right choice. Before the ball fitting at Firestone, we went around the table and predicted if we knew the ball fitting results. I said yes.

I sat next to James, the fitter, at dinner and we talked extensively about the process. I followed Pete379 in the fitting and that was a bad idea. Just kidding; don't try to swing like him. I missed a couple of shots but James collected enough data for a good conversation. He suggested trying the RXS. I was sure he was wrong but agreed to try. :D

The 8 iron number, even with limited shots, blew me away. I picked up 3-4 yards of height. My miss is low trajectory and I spent a small fortune trying to correct this problem. A descending blow is still the number one issue but picking up height is huge. During yesterday's round, I had quite a few iron shots that met my definition of a good shot. The Tour B RXS gets props here. The S model has a different cover and it stays on the club a little longer. Rub two RXS together. Now do the same with two RX. You'll feel the difference.

The pros typically use the S model because they want to curve it.

The fitting is a must-do if your desire is lower scores with a minimal investment. Who says no to that? I believe the fitting process makes a difference and appreciate James helping me out. Hit Randy or me up in August if you don't complete the fitting before then.

Great feedback Dave. Thanks for that. Man I would love to have done this. So fun.

And yeah....I def gotta play my own game when playing with Randy. 178 yard shot Randy: “what did you hit?” Me: “6 iron, what did you hit?” Randy: “soft 8” :facepalm:

Started the year all in on the Tour B RX, just really liked it in my game. Then I got a little side tracked. Tried the ERC soft and hated it. Tried the Oncore Elixir and had a few rounds of success but didn't last. Then the CS X TT and I really liked it for a few rounds, not love but it was and is still useable for my game. Then, I know way to much changing, I tried the Snell and wasnt a fan.

My home course is 9 holes and the back 9 has two different holes (so 11 holes all together), on the back one par 3 goes from 145 to 205 and another par three uses a separate tee box and green to go from a par 3 on the front to a par 4 on the back. With it being so similar I figured I would play one ball on the front, different on the back and then the same next week.

The 3 balls where the CS X TT, Snell MTB-X and the Tour B RX.

The first week played the CS X TT on the front and shot 7 over. Used the Tour B RX on the back 9 and shot 1 over.

Week 2 I used the Snell on the front and shot 6 over and the Tour B RX on the back for even par.

So the last 18 holes with the Tour B RX I've played in +1. I know it's only 2 nines but I'm pretty sure the Tour B RX is the ball I should get back to playing full time.

Tried the online fitting tool after the buzz of the event. I plugged in launch monitor numbers, which was a nice option. Came up with the Tour B XS. Definitely curious to try them when there is a promo running.

Tried the online fitting tool after the buzz of the event. I plugged in launch monitor numbers, which was a nice option. Came up with the Tour B XS. Definitely curious to try them when there is a promo running.

Just a FYI, don't expect many promos on Bridgestone balls. Bridgestone makes a premium ball and they want customers know the price is stable and won't fluctuate like some other companies.

That said...check out Amazon if you're a Prime member asap. You should be able get some for 20% off.

2 dozen Tour B X and 2 dozen Tour B XS headed to the GraniteRoost workshop!

Picked up a doz Tour B RXS for $30 yesterday with Amazon prime + disco and even better with subscribe and save , I'll get a dozen monthly for $36

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

The 15% off code from Budget Golf also works on Bridgestone golf balls.

Just a FYI, don't expect many promos on Bridgestone balls. Bridgestone makes a premium ball and they want customers know the price is stable and won't fluctuate like some other companies.

That said...check out Amazon if you're a Prime member asap. You should be able get some for 20% off.

Wow thanks! Ask and you shall receive. They are already 15% off on Amazon + another 20% discount for Prime. 1 dozen is $30.76 and headed my way.

I could be in the B RX or the B XS according to the fitting chart.

So I found my LM numbers from Shaft Up #3 last year and plugged them into the LM data side for the online ball fitting on the Bridgestone website. It put me into the B RX. Im going to grab a doz tomorrow and put them into play. I will post up my thoughts. Maybe I can put together another ball comparison of my current gamer to this one like I did on my current gamer and ERC ball.

I have. I did it yesterday actually and I did it a year or so ago and its changed. For the good that is. I could be in the B RX or the B XS according to the fitting chart. I say between each because of drive distance, that could vary with me. Getting the numbers on GCQ would be fun and lay it out a little better I believe.

Or, I go buy a doz of each and see how it goes :D That sounds like fun to me

I tried the BXS per Danny and Big Soils rec after the site recommend RXS and I’ve been thrilled with the results.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I tried the BXS per Danny and Big Soils rec after the site recommend RXS and I’ve been thrilled with the results.

The other portion of the online ball fitting had me either in the RX or BX

Iv tried Bridgestone balls in the past before, different models, and they have felt "hard" to me. Not like a Top Flite hard.....but thuddy I guess? Never had an issue spinning them.

The other portion of the online ball fitting had me either in the RX or BX

Iv tried Bridgestone balls in the past before, different models, and they have felt "hard" to me. Not like a Top Flite hard.....but thuddy I guess? Never had an issue spinning them.

This and the ZStar feel about the same to me.

I have a one man scramble at my club this weekend......I cant wait to use this ball again

I need to write up my final thoughts on the e12 Soft but playing this ball REALLY makes me want to try out all of the Tour B balls now to see what fits me the best. Bridgestone really has turned it up a notch lately with their leadership change and it’s showing in their products.

Well, let’s see what it’s about

28387eb54f440e68a0566c5df3705aa8.jpg

I was fit into the Tour B RX ball this past weekend at the Bridgestone event. I typically play the Q Star Tour with a few others swapped in and out but that was my main ball. I hit 10 shots with the Q star and then 10 shots with the Tour B RX with both a driver and a 8 iron. I did hit a few with the E12 but that was quickly eliminated because too low of spin. The spin number with the driver and 8 iron were pretty comparable with my the Q star only changing by minimal revs. The yardages in the irons were within a couple yards of each other but i picked up some ball speed an peak height in the irons. With the driver i picked up some ball speed and around 4-5 yards. I played the ball for 36 holes and it performed great when i hit it well and did well on off center hits as well. The ball felt good off of all clubs. I will be doing some on course comparisons coming up but i am definitely satisfied with the ball I was fit into, it does everything i need it to do. It flew straight and checked up nicely on the greens.

Played last night and put a few in the aqua. Fear not, Bridgestone will make more. Amazon just delivered these.

e98951e24b8660b0cfcd7dda4a36b46f.jpg

Usually go BXS, but I picked up a few BX to try for some outings coming up.

I completed the ball fitting process during the THP Bridgestone Championship event at Firestone. James was our fitter and definitely knows his stuff. I hit several driver and 8 iron shots with the RX ball (my gamer) and then we discussed the data. James thought the RXS ball would increase spin rate and peak height with iron shots. He didn't know this but I re-shafted my irons three months ago with the express desire of adding height. As you might expect, James was right! My spin increased (I don't remember the exact number) and peak height went up 3-4 yards.

I've played three rounds with the RXS ball and the fitting results carried over to the course. The extra height is noticeable and this significantly improved holding greens with approach shots. The Bridgestone XW-1 50* wedge plus the RXS ball is quickly becoming a confidence inspiring combination.

Well, let’s see what it’s about

28387eb54f440e68a0566c5df3705aa8.jpg

Brian, have you played a round with the RX balls yet? Curious to hear your thoughts. I'm walking 36 at Troy Burne on Sunday. As you know, the ability to stick approach shots on these greens is crucial. I'm anxious to see how the RXS performs.

Brian, have you played a round with the RX balls yet? Curious to hear your thoughts. I'm walking 36 at Troy Burne on Sunday. As you know, the ability to stick approach shots on these greens is crucial. I'm anxious to see how the RXS performs.

I havnt. I plan to tomorrow morning. Im also going to have my playing partner which is a +3 hcp play the BX ball. I plan to post videos of each after we are done or possibly during.

And yes, getting balls to stay on approaches there is def needed lol Have fun D, will update when I can

Adam went through the online fittings and it put him in the BX. Here are his thoughts

https://youtu.be/DMABuSEqVro

Back