Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

First full roundnin with my new Tour B XS ball and I can begin to explain how much more stopping power I have. Phenomenal fitting I had last week and I’m amazed as to what I’ve been missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Played a round with my new tour B rx balls and played ok. Played a links style course and only lost 2. The ball performed great still seeing straight high flight and ball was stopping well on the greens. Only minimal roll out from where the ball landed

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

I have been trying different balls this summer to use. I really liked the E12 soft and had some good results. I picked up a box of Tourb rx to try. This all works well for me in all aspects of my game. The ball-holds the greens well when I hit one lol. Great product and worth a try.

Good stuff Brian. As you mentioned in the video, RXS or RX could be a better fit for Adam.

Its fun getting un biased opinions with various equipment. And I agree on that notion. I should of let him hit one of my balls to see what he thought. Will do that and see what happens

Im not ready to give my review yet as I need a little more time with it.

Played in my 1 man scramble yesterday. Driver game was spot on and the ball performed exactly as it did in Ohio. So fun. My mid iron / wedge game wasn't there as I wanted. Distance was good, proximity not so much. That's all me.

I was down to my last 3 Tour B RX balls, so I thought I'd give the AVX a chance. Bad decision in the winds we played in. The wind moved the AVX too much, so I switched back to the RX & saw much better results.

I normally play the RX but I put a Tour B in play yesterday (thanks @Jrt13) and shot my lowest 9 of the year. Gonna give it a go the next few rounds and see how it goes. I honestly can’t tell much difference other than it seems there’s a little more spin with the B

Played Tour B XS yesterday for most of the round till I lost them all haha. Ball feels great off the face of all clubs including putter and plenty of stopping power on the greens. Actually really enjoyed the ball yesterday and hit some really good drives with it.

Played Tour B XS yesterday for most of the round till I lost them all haha. Ball feels great off the face of all clubs including putter and plenty of stopping power on the greens. Actually really enjoyed the ball yesterday and hit some really good drives with it.

Not fit for it (yet) but I’m playing that ball too and I’m in love with it

Event guys.....BX....and BXS. What is the main difference? I see they are advertising more "feel" on the BXS. Does that means its softer feeling?

@Pkorf...I think you were the only one fit into the BXS right? Does it feel hard to you?

Went on Bridgestone’s site and tried the fitting app. It was based off the driver which I found odd. Given most choose a ball based on short game and irons.
Is there a way to do the online fitting based on irons ?

In the fitting at Bridgestone, we hit driver and 8 iron. They fit me into the RX but also could use the RXS. Trying to get rid of some spin I opted for the RX... Before being fit I played anything and everything. Since then I play RX and have enjoyed the straight shot with some stopping power around the greens.

Funny link below!

https://twitter.com/bridgestonegolf/statuses/1153489111967326208

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6013 using Tapatalk

Event guys.....BX....and BXS. What is the main difference? I see they are advertising more "feel" on the BXS. Does that means its softer feeling?

@Pkorf...I think you were the only one fit into the BXS right? Does it feel hard to you?

I’ll take a crack at answering your question. Same core in B X and B XS. The difference is the cover. If you take two XS and rub them together you feel a “stickiness” which keeps the ball on the club face a bit longer and this increases spin. Rub two X balls together for reference and you’ll easily feel the difference between ball models.

Different compression cores separate RX & RXS from X and XS.

Haven't had the chance to get back on the course since the event, but really looking forward to gaming these balls for the foreseeable future. I was fit into the RX and it was great during the event. Hoping to see similar results at my local course. During the fitting, I was seeing 4-5 yards added distance over the QstarTour I was gaming previously. Very happy with how the RX performed on approach shots and chips. It even felt good putting. Hoping to get out this weekend at a course I play a lot to see if the distances change much compared to what I normally see.

Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

I only teed up the BX once this past weekend in my event, and out drove the fairway into the water haha. So...there’s that. Excited to play more with these and see what I can do with them.

I met one of the TM reps last night and had a long and meandering conversation about all things golf. TM is having a good year but he said ball and driver sales are off a little. Please note I'm sure sure if he was speaking about his territory or the company. Nonetheless, I asked if Bridgestone was gaining in the ball market and he said yes.

I met one of the TM reps last night and had a long and meandering conversation about all things golf. TM is having a good year but he said ball and driver sales are off a little. Please note I'm sure sure if he was speaking about his territory or the company. Nonetheless, I asked if Bridgestone was gaining in the ball market and he said yes.

Oh, he’s not just speaking his territory.

Oh, he’s not just speaking his territory.

Woods are down, but ball appears to be up 1-2% year over year.
There are some changes going on there literally right now. Bridgestone appears to be gaining in dollar share, with the craziness of putting brand new products as BOGO behind them.

Woods are down, but ball appears to be up 1-2% year over year.
There are some changes going on there literally right now. Bridgestone appears to be gaining in dollar share, with the craziness of putting brand new products as BOGO behind them.

Love love love this info. Thank you on that.

Good to hear then it’s been a growth year for them, will be really curious to see what the numbers look like this time next year as Bridgestone appears to finally have their ish together again.

I’ll take a crack at answering your question. Same core in B X and B XS. The difference is the cover. If you take two XS and rub them together you feel a “stickiness” which keeps the ball on the club face a bit longer and this increases spin. Rub two X balls together for reference and you’ll easily feel the difference between ball models.

Different compression cores separate RX & RXS from X and XS.

Thanks for that info Dave. Would you say the BXS feels softer chipping and putter face because of that?

Thanks for that info Dave. Would you say the BXS feels softer chipping and putter face because of that?

I personally can't speak to what he mentioned about rubbing them together.... The only difference ive noticed between the two are on my drives. The B X that mentions "Feel + Accuracy"...ive had my best days driving the ball when using the B X. Maybe its been very good swing days but ive definitely hit more fairways with the B X over the B XS. It is a few yards longer on every clubs also. Stopping power and spin seem to be roughly the same at least for me

Its just my opinion but I personally dont know how anyone can tell a difference on feel of chips and putts on the Tour balls...this vs a ERC Soft or Supersoft yes there's definitely a noticeable feel off the wedge and putter. This year ive tried MTB-X, TP5 and 5x, Z-Star and XV, and both Bridgestone balls. To me I haven't felt a difference on chips or putts. Performance, Yes! Feel, No.

At pga superstore the putting green has either erc soft or supersoft to putt with. When ive had my putter there after a grip change or trying a different putter I can definitely tell how soft those balls are off the putter face

I played the RX and RXS and can't feel a difference between them with any club. However, my full iron shots are noticeably higher with the RXS ball. This is the primary reason why I'm enjoying the RXS ball.

. Would you say the BXS feels softer chipping and putter face because of that?

Put him in the BXS and see how it goes

Back