Bridgestone TOUR B Golf Balls

My last round I played 9 holes with the RX. Coming from the XS , The newly posted video by Canadian had me rethinking the best ball for my game.
From my assessment the RX seemed to fit my game more closely. That being said my tee game was not in top form, but irons and short game kept my scores down. No lost golf balls ,no 3 putts and the correct amount of spin when needed.
Off the putter the ball rolled true with a great soft feel, no harsh sounds or feel.
Irons , no ballooning a perfect mid/high launch and mid/high spin.
Well struck pitches and chips checked up quickly with little runout.
Will keep this one I play , as I could see my game benefiting from gaming this RX

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

jfrigo1003;n8875406 said:
its been a while since I watched the video but how did you end up in the RX again over the X?? Bridgestone's website recommends me to play the X. I know more things go in to it other than speed, but you have slightly more club head speed than me so just wondering why the RX worked better....

When I went to PGA store for a ball fitting the fitter immediately had me hit the RX. I didn't get to hit the B X vs the RX so I dont have a fair comparison

Spin rates are better for me with the RX, and I've got distance to give away (in terms of trading for optimal numbers). If anything, the clubs it really matters for distance are driver, 3w, etc and the spin drop more than makes up for any potential in ball speed loss, with better dispersion.

I FINALLY got out for my first round in a month since the THP Bridgestone Championship. Life has been in the way lately so I apologize for not being more active in reviewing these, although I have put up some thoughts from my son who plays the XS.

I only got 9 in before the weather moved in and for those that don’t know, the RX is the ball for me. I fight bad driver spin and this ball just flat out performs off the tee for me. I surprised myself and played well, something I haven’t done in a long while. I can’t get over how long this ball is, especially into the wind. Into a slight breeze I typically see ballooning with driver due to my bad spin, there was none of that at all yesterday.

Just high straight flight that seemed to go forever. I was within 40 yards of every par 4 on this shorter course. Into the wind (5-10mph) I hit driver/PW on the lone par 5 (in name only, it’s only 450 and dead straight) on that nine. I no doubt received some good rollout on some holes as this was a cheaper course that doesn’t water their fairways and they were pretty hard.

I don’t understand how this ball fights the wind so well, particularly with irons. I usually hit the ball mile high with short irons and most tour level balls, 10 mph into the wind I’m taking 2 clubs more. It’s taken a while to adjust to not having to do that. Now it’s more like a half a club, same moon ball flight, just goes much further into the wind. How it does so and doesn’t suffer in holding greens downwind is a true tribute to Bridgestones R@D Department.

I don’t see much zip back, but I prefer the ball to stop right where it lands anyways. Zipping one back can be fun but the results are very unpredictable for someone of my abilities. For the most part every green I’ve hit with any full iron-including long irons-I’ve found my ball within 4ft of the pitchmark.

The only drawback I’ve seen, from 50 yards and in it doesn’t have quite the stopping power of say the XS. With the XS when I practiced with it well clipped balls one hopped and stopped. The RX is more of a hop, hop, and roll 5-6 feet. No biggie, for my game it more than makes up for it off the tee and fighting wind with irons. I’m not good enough to consistently clip the ball and have it hop and stop anyways. Even if I was the courses that I frequent most don’t have conditions conducive for that type of play.

Any way you look at it, Bridgestone has a ball that fits your game. I’m naturally a cheapskate so while I wish they were a little less expensive, the performance is so much better that I’m playing them every round and I purchase the XS for my son for when he’s playing competitive rounds in high school. He’s good enough that a dozen will last him a long time. My rule of thumb is I’ll start a round with a sleeve and then switch to something more cost efficient for my level of play that day if I lose all three. At that point my level of play that particular day, it probably doesn’t matter what I’m using, lol.

Played the Tour B X ball last week and came away pretty impressed with its low spin off the tee and good action around the greens, especially out of bunkers.

I was fit into the Tour B RX but at an outing I decided to give a combo deal of the e12 speed for drives and then the Tour B XS a try. The e12 speed was super awesome off the tee, landed me the long drive for the outing. The Tour B XS has some super stopping power. When it hit the green it would just stop for me. I'm not one to produce alot (if any) backspin and this ball was usually within a foot of the pitch mark. I also tried it in a few drives, when my swing was good it was fantastic.

Reactions: JB
Played another round with using the Tour B RX I was fit into. The ball continues to do everything I need it to do. Off the tee flying straight and on approach and chips holding the green just fine. I did try a few shots with the Tour B XS and while it was better with the approach and chipping shots I struggled with a little too much spin off the driver making it not as straight and losing a little distance

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Had my RX in play during the event at Olympia Fields. No complaints at all. Plenty of distance off the tee, held the greens well on approaches, checked on chips and out of the sand, felt great off the putter. Very happy with this ball.

ive played the B XS exclusively the past month and a half. The B X is longer for me due to low spin on every club, but with driver they're pretty much identical. Ive always needed more iron/wedge spin and the B XS has been so fun to watch it hop and stop.

Did a ball fitting Sunday with a 7 iron. avg spin with chrome soft was 5350, pro v1x 5500, z star 5600.....first 2 shots with the B XS were 6250 and 6420. I have some distance to give so the B XS is exactly what ive been looking for. I'm a numbers guy so I wanted to see how the B XS compares on a monitor vs on the course. On the course I could already tell how much stopping power it had vs other balls..but seeing it on a monitor just confirmed how much the B XS spins

IMO Bridgestone makes the best balls currently on the market and there is something to fit everyone

Local stores had the Tour B XS Tiger balls for $40 CAD again on Saturday. That's the sort of sale that makes me buy golf balls. Cheaper per doz than buying 4 doz Snell and I don't need to buy 4 doz, and $20 cheaper than other premium golf balls like ProV1, Chrome Soft, Z-Star.

I only post this because I used to complain that Bridgestone balls never went on sale - can't say that anymore for this brand.

JB;n8880678 said:
Played the Tour B X ball last week and came away pretty impressed with its low spin off the tee and good action around the greens, especially out of bunkers.

I’m loving the XS (per danny and big soils raving reviews) but I want to try the X also.

Love the feel on this ball and it seems to really go where i tell it.

JourdanInMich;n8880952 said:
I’m loving the XS (per danny and big soils raving reviews) but I want to try the X also.

Love the feel on this ball and it seems to really go where i tell it.

The B X is definitely the straightest ball I’ve played. On drives it’s just a fairway finder... and long!!

jfrigo1003;n8881164 said:
The B X is definitely the straightest ball I’ve played. On drives it’s just a fairway finder... and long!!

I played last night with a couple guys and during the middle of the round I lost a ball and grabbed a random one in my cart. After I hit it one of the guys said "did you change balls?" I said I grabbed a random one just to get one out there but that's not my normal gamer. He said "With that kind of spin and the drop in spin from your normal gamer I wouldn't even look at another ball again"

Right there solidifies about the ball fitting I went through. I never knew it was that important but after seeing it with my own eyes and seeing it on the course I cant be thankful enough to have done it.

PETE379;n8881572 said:
I played last night with a couple guys and during the middle of the round I lost a ball and grabbed a random one in my cart. After I hit it one of the guys said "did you change balls?" I said I grabbed a random one just to get one out there but that's not my normal gamer. He said "With that kind of spin and the drop in spin from your normal gamer I wouldn't even look at another ball again"

Right there solidifies about the ball fitting I went through. I never knew it was that important but after seeing it with my own eyes and seeing it on the course I cant be thankful enough to have done it.

I wish it was possible to tee off with the B X then play the B XS from approach shots and in

Yea its crazy how much difference a ball makes. Everyone looks at a new club, new shaft, but sometimes the best performance upgrade is the cheapest upgrade you can make!!

jfrigo1003;n8881585 said:
I wish it was possible to tee off with the B X then play the B XS from approach shots and in

I like everything about the RX except how hard it is. To me Bridgestone balls have always felt hard to me. Maybe im not used to it

2BFAST;n8881642 said:
I like everything about the RX except how hard it is. To me Bridgestone balls have always felt hard to me. Maybe im not used to it

Have you tired the E12 Soft? Just a thought.

Played with the CS today. I played horrid but the ball performed well yet again. Hit. Stop. Orrrrrr Hit. Spin. Really loving these balls

PKorf;n8887894 said:
Played with the CS today. I played horrid but the ball performed well yet again. Hit. Stop. Orrrrrr Hot. Spin. Really loving these balls

Do you mean XS?

JB;n8887897 said:
Do you mean XS?

Siiiigggghhhhhh. Yup. That pretty much sums up my entire day of golf today ironically.

XS.....performing wel. Me? Not so much. My cap will be going up up up up up with the last few rounds posted

PKorf;n8887902 said:
Siiiigggghhhhhh. Yup. That pretty much sums up my entire day of golf today ironically.

XS.....performing wel. Me? Not so much. My cap will be going up up up up up with the last few rounds posted

Sounds like my last round. X performed well, me not so much.

JB;n8887904 said:
Sounds like my last round. X performed well, me not so much.

I don’t know what the problem is other than my swing is horrible right now. The ball.....the clubs.....all dandy! Lol

Had this ball in play the last 2 days again. 85 yesterday. 84 today. The ball is great. I hit some of the longest drives over ever hit and also had zero issues holding greens. Really love the RX. Great ball

I also had this ball in play the last two day 87 and 88. The ball has been flying straight and long for me off the tee and holding greens well on the approach shots. Some bad putting (7 3 putts over 2 days) and a few dumb penalties and would have had better scores.

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

Shot a career low 73 yesterday with of course the BX ball. Everything was working yesterday and ball striking was at an all time high. I even did a little test while waiting for a group in front of us. #6 the fairway really bottle necks at around 240/250ish so I don't hit my driver on this hole very often. I usually hit hybrid to the bottle neck which leaves about 100 playing 115 in to the hole. My confidence was high so I hit my tee shot and put myself about 10ft off the green. Since we were waiting on the group, I got out a competitors ball and hit another dead square on the face but this one spun out to the right and leaked a little almost going into the sh*t. Teed the BX up, same result only about 5 yards shorter than my first shot. Teed up the competitors and leaked right again. My ball fitting proves again that the drop in spin with the BX is the best fit for me. SO much confidence off the tee is damn fun.

Had a pitching contest with a fellow member after our range session. I had a sleeve of my current gamer and a sleeve the Tour B RX's with me also. We snuck over to 16 fairway and hit some 50-60 yard pitches into 16 green. I told him I would like him to hit both (un biased) and tell me what he thinks. This is where I wished I had my phone, I left it in the truck or I would of got a video.

Anyway. His thoughts were he felt he had more control over the RX than my gamer because of the slight hardness feel over the other ball. He felt the other ball although felt good, it was softer and felt like he could get a flyer rather than feeling the ball more with the RX and knowing where its going. Hes a 1 hcp and only because of his putting. Hes very handy around the greens especially with wedge work. He said he would like to see dry ball data between the two for me to see if what he is seeing from my ball flights match up with actual numbers. Right now its still a battle between the two.

Played 36 today and conducted a very unscientific test. I played RX in round #1 and RXS in round #2.

Round 1 (RX): score of 78. I was really happy with driver ball flight and distance, in particular.
Round 2 (RXS): score of 81. Favorite shot of the round was 80 yards from the center of the fairway on #13. 60* Bridgestone XW-1 wedge right over the stick. Ball landed 3' feet from the cup. Made the birdie putt.

Fun fact: Three guys in round #2 played Bridgestone (RXS, RXS, and RX). That's the second time in two weeks where three out four players used Bridgestone.

Back