TaylorMade P730 and P790 Irons

The more I look at these pics the more the 790's grow on me

Love the looks - I have been itching to upgrade the RSI TPs......

P790 in a 2 iron sounds good

They look sleek. Out of my skill level for sure

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I would game the hell out of these.

As good as these look and since I'm a TM fan, these should be appealing to me but they are not for some reason.
If I were to go for a better player/low hdc irons, I'd go for Mizunos, Srixon 765, Callaway Apex Pro 16s, etc.
I am looking forward to trying these out though...

Not sure I'll ever get or take an opportunity to hit them but they sure do look nice!

I'm REALLY intrigued by the P790. Sounds like they packed a ton of technology into these irons and it's different from anything they've had in the lineup in the past.

Like the looks but thinking they are a little advanced for me at this point.

Best looking TM irons in a long time

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

These look fantastic but they sort of lost me at "speed foam".

The 790's have crept up to a must hit for me along side the new AP2/3's. It's more curiosity than anything because I don't think I've ever hit an iron of this kind of design.

I keep looking at pics of these 790s. That's not good. Need moar!

Good grief these are attractive irons. Wow!

Do want. Wish I still had a TaylorMade hookup.

P790........nice alternative to the original PXG 0311 series of irons.
Very similar copycat tech with ultra thin hardened steel face welded to a forged body; body hollow with a proprietary fill that supports the face but allows some flex; internal tungsten toe weight similar to the Titleist T-MB tungsten weighting in the toe/heel and perimeter screw weights on the PXGs; larger forgiving size.

The P730's vs MP18's vs Titleist 718 MB's would be a fun test.

P790 in a 2 iron sounds good

The 790 UDI 2-iron (17*) will be announced separately from the P-790 iron set and may have a different stock shaft. There will probably be only the one loft, because making the 2-iron 17*, (instead of 18*), pretty much eliminates any need for the 16* or lower lofted UDi 1-iron. Look for it to be announced soon.

Note that the 2-iron is missing from the P-790 spec sheet below.

Attachments

• P790Lofts.jpg
    P790Lofts.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 0
  • TMP790Iron.jpg
    TMP790Iron.jpg
    115.6 KB · Views: 0
These look soooooooo gooooooood, now only if I can hit them :banghead:

I would be happy to test and review these beauties !

The 790 UDI 2-iron (17*) will be announced separately from the P-790 iron set and may have a different stock shaft. There will probably be only the one loft, because making the 2-iron 17*, (instead of 18*), pretty much eliminates any need for the 16* or lower lofted UDi 1-iron. Look for it to be announced soon.

Note that the 2-iron is missing from the P-790 spec sheet below.

Any idea when these are available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Any idea when these are available?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I believe September 15th. I'll definitely be in line to try these bad boys. My favorite looking iron Taylormade has ever made.

My reaction is to roll my eyes at speed foam, but having had a lot of success with their tour preferred line from '14 I am kind of intrigued by the 790. The P line are certainly the best looking clubs they have made since then. I want to hit them.

I saw a YouTube Review of the P790 by Rick Shiels last night.
He stated the P790 were "Best Taylormade irons I have ever hit"
He even took one a part to show the "SpeedFoam"
Thought a lot of players, even High Cappers could play them.

If you like them now, don't watch the video because it's not going to help your want for them.

Back