TaylorMade P730 and P790 Irons

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score

Those P730s look pretty sexy. Don't think I could game them though lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They look incredible without question. That's about all I got on it cause I sure as hell can't game them.

certainly look solid

The P790 look really good, and I like the fact that they have the sole slot in them, which I think truly works. I'm frightened to buy anything with the face slots given the durability track record. Based on the construction (and the naming), they look like a more forgiving iron than the 770s, which I liked and didn't think were too hard to hit.

Such amazing looking irons. I look forward to seeing how the Speed Foam performance.

Those P730s look pretty sexy. Don't think I could game them though lol.

My thoughts too, but I would love the play them anyways haha

they look good. but - and i recognize how ridiculous this is - i hesitate about gaming an iron with taylormade's name on the back. i feel that their irons have been lagging behind everyone else, and it would make me gunshy. but if you put another oem's name on this iron, i'm probably a lot more excited.

The SpeedFoam video on the TM website is the most TaylorMade-y video ever. That seems similar to what Nike did in their last couple sets of irons with the RZN in there.

Look great but way over my talent level!!!

looks ok to me. Did their P line sell well this year?

The SpeedFoam video on the TM website is the most TaylorMade-y video ever.

I kid you not, I just got a message that said "that video is TaylorMade-ier". And this from someone that is a huge fan of their clubs and plays 14 of them.

they look good. but - and i recognize how ridiculous this is - i hesitate about gaming an iron with taylormade's name on the back. i feel that their irons have been lagging behind everyone else, and it would make me gunshy. but if you put another oem's name on this iron, i'm probably a lot more excited.

Their Tour Preferred line up like 2-3 years ago was very solid IMO.

The P730 look amazing (not that i have any business playing them) and i am intrigued by the P790

P790's and P770 would make a great combo set

I kid you not, I just got a message that said "that video is TaylorMade-ier". And this from someone that is a huge fan of their clubs and plays 14 of them.

Make this your 2nd TM fan with 12 of their clubs in my bag that thinks the SpeedFoam video jumped the shark...even by TM's standards... That said, I want the P790's, hahahaha

These look fantastic! I had the opportunity to hit the 750 and 770 irons on Saturday. TM was doing a demo day at my course. If these feel anything like those did, it'll be successful. Man those irons felt solid.

I want everything to do with either of these sets.

Very intrigued.
The 790 is an interesting one. Filled in hollow body. Very pxg like. I dare say they look better too

Such amazing looking irons. I look forward to seeing how the Speed Foam performance.

The SpeedFoam has a W/S C200/D300 tech look to it.

So I have to ask, how does the foam not breakdown after repeat hits, unless it's really flexible?

The SpeedFoam has a W/S C200/D300 tech look to it.

So I have to ask, how does the foam not breakdown after repeat hits, unless it's really flexible?

Good question, I would assume TM chose a material that could take the abuse, plus it is completely encapsulated within the iron so there should be plenty of support for the medium. I also wonder if there is a process to remove the Speed Foam if necessary for refill.

I say this sincerely, but seeing these reminds me how ahead of their time Nickent was.

These look sharp. I really liked the P770s, and these look like a very good extension of the lineup.

The 790 is an interesting one. Filled in hollow body. Very pxg like. I dare say they look better too

I thought that as well. Fun to see companies learn from each other and try new things.

What the heck is speed foam?

Oh no....a TM-sponsored fitting (which I presume will include a demo P790) at a course 15 minutes from me (Lantana GC) on Sept. 9....this is quickly spiraling out of control....

Back