TaylorMade P730 and P790 Irons

Oh no....a TM-sponsored fitting (which I presume will include a demo P790) at a course 15 minutes from me (Lantana GC) on Sept. 9....this is quickly spiraling out of control....
The one I went to Saturday didn't have the new irons to demo. Just the 750, 770 and m series. We'll see of yours is any different. :D

The one I went to Saturday didn't have the new irons to demo. Just the 750, 770 and m series. We'll see of yours is any different. :D

Thanks for the response... While I like the look of the 750 and 770 (and the 730), I am really only interested in the 790s at this point. I'll chat with a TM rep to see when demos will be available....unless JB knows...???

I don't care for TM irons but I'm going to give these (P-790) a go, they really do match up my eye. $1,299 is a bit steep though. Probably going to pair this with a couple Cleveland CBX wedges and see how forgiving life can be.
WZ711_zoom_D.jpg

WZ711_zoom_D.jpg
WZ711_zoom_D.jpg

The 790 is an interesting one. Filled in hollow body. Very pxg like. I dare say they look better too

Exactly what I was thinking. First PXG, then iBlade, and now TM 790. I'm interested in the profile, I've just never had the opportunity to hit them. Pretty cool tech for sure!

That 730 is a beaut of an iron, just a bit different than most other MB's and still fantastic looking!

Exactly what I was thinking. First PXG, then iBlade, and now TM 790. I'm interested in the profile, I've just never had the opportunity to hit them. Pretty cool tech for sure!

That 730 is a beaut of an iron, just a bit different than most other MB's and still fantastic looking!

Dont forget these.

144_1.jpg

To me, the 790's seem to have a very similar appearence and profile to the Titleist T-MB

730/750 combo with 790 in the 3/4 spot sounds like something I could get down with. The looks of this whole line are really good and having hit the 770 a good performing release

That 790 intrigues me. Cup facey like Apex, filled like PXG, slot like, well, Taylormade, not exactly a chunky top line...

I can already see/feel a P790 3 iron in my bag to replace the M2 Tour….

This release actually makes me more interested in the P750's. I assumed, apparently incorrectly, that those were more of the "blade" type irons of theirs for this release.

I am a big fan of the 730s. I wish Callaway would offer a new blade option. Those 790s could be a solid replacement for the UDI

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am a big fan of the 730s. I wish Callaway would offer a new blade option. Those 790s could be a solid replacement for the UDI

I was just thinking of something similar. 4i in the 790 and 5-9 730's. The 730's sure are pretty, one of the nicest looking blades since the VR Pro's.

These are fantastic looking irons and are at a much better price point then their opposition. Well done Taylormade.

Alright, we got it. :alien:

Alright, we got it. :alien:

Haha the reason is that I love how taylormade makes it effortless to create a solid combo set with the 30s, 50s, 70s and 90s.

Haha the reason is that I love how taylormade makes it effortless to create a solid combo set with the 30s, 50s, 70s and 90s.

Oh no you're all good. For some reason it posted your comment twice like 5 minutes apart haha

playing a udi 5/26* iron right now has me drooling at the chance to see the P790 at a demo day. I know I probably wouldn't pull the trigger if given the choice but a p770/790 combo would be great addition to the bag.

I watched the Rick Shiels review and he raved about the feel of the 790's. Maybe Taylormade has really stepped up and got it right!!

Fancy, looking forward to more info on them.

I would go with 790 for myself

I think these look slick

I would love a set of P790 long irons and P730 short irons.

Pretty nice looking irons. That whole P series is pretty killer looking and these could be fun to get a few swings with. And I had no idea Nickent had a filled hollow body in the past, funny how things come back around.

Back