Tour Edge Exotics CBX Iron-Wood

I was able to try out the 7 and 9 iron, the 7 with KK graphite and 9 with KBS, holy cow these things are amazing, I have a feeling a 2-GW set in KK will be in my bag sometime in 2018!!!

YzpJ06o.jpg

Feels amazing and I was getting awesome distance, 185 carry and 200 total on the 7 and around 165 carry on the 9.
VpG5eIW.jpg
Fx1gI8J.jpg

Even looks good at address.
v5CSfLD.jpg

Nice Icey. What's the price on the full set? All I see on the TE website is the individual price for the 5i - 2i & that's a whopping $249 per iron.

Nice Icey. What's the price on the full set? All I see on the TE website is the individual price for the 5i - 2i & that's a whopping $249 per iron.
He didn't have pricing, he said availability in April, honestly between the stock KK and KBS options, both felt great.

On miss hits and center strikes, both gave amazing distance/feel/feedback, way more forgiveness in them than I expected.

What handicap range are these intended for?

My buddy got a demo from the TE rep. This thing just flies. It was shafted with a Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.0. I couldn't do anything but hit this straight. It was definitely a lower flight. I would hit and look at my usual window and this would start lower, climb to my desired height and stay there. Didn't balloon at all.

I don't have any comparisons or numbers because this was just an impromptu range session.

Edit: we were hitting the 18* driving iron type. Didn't hit a lower lofted one.

My buddy got a demo from the TE rep. This thing just flies. It was shafted with a Project X HZRDUS Black 85 6.0. I couldn't do anything but hit this straight. It was definitely a lower flight. I would hit and look at my usual window and this would start lower, climb to my desired height and stay there. Didn't balloon at all.

I don't have any comparisons or numbers because this was just an impromptu range session.
Sent from my SM-G935R4 using Tapatalk
That sounds perfect!

As I was wrapping up my session on the launch monitor today, I saw they had a CBX Ironwood 6i in the demo area. I was tired from too many swings with the driver, but I grabbed the 6i & hit it a few times anyway. I hit one horrible, one good & one on the screws. The one I hit one the screws was stupid long for me. I hope they get the rest of the set to demo.

Shipment arrived. These look great in hand and even better behind the ball.
I can't wait to build these up with some UST hybrid shafts, I'm leaning with either V2 hybrid or recoil prototype hybrid.

(Ignore my dirty putting mat)
a1594fa68023ab38544c72891ba31fa1.jpg
e6a4d0b70dc4975ef8b5b9a2e0815f25.jpg

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I was looking at the 2iron one with the hzardus black 85 stiff!
Hit a ping crossover 2i new one and really liked it, but guessing these are even nicer?

Hit a ping crossover 2i new one and really liked it, but guessing these are even nicer?
I think it just comes down to how they fit you. I demoed these, MC FliHi, ZU85, and gapr mid/low. I found these to be more forgiving low on the face and toward the toe (which is my miss). The sound is pleasing, although more hybrid than iron-like, and slightly warm/metallic. I actually preferred the sound of the ZU85 as it sounded more like a forged iron, but wasn't as forgiving as the cbx iron-wood.

First time out with the 3 and it was a success. I only pulled it for 2 tee shots, but both found the fairway with plenty of distance despite less that perfect strikes. (One slightly heely, the other low on the face and towards the toe.) Sidenote, glad I swapped the hzrdus black for the proforce V2, launch has been a little higher
7f0ddfb4b28bb75f0c6c210d6ec2a178.jpg
73ac12159fe4245db1825fef6d0ce713.jpg

rallo;n8874024 said:
First time out with the 3 and it was a success. I only pulled it for 2 tee shots, but both found the fairway with plenty of distance despite less that perfect strikes. (One slightly heely, the other low on the face and towards the toe.) Sidenote, glad I swapped the hzrdus black for the proforce V2, launch has been a little higher
7f0ddfb4b28bb75f0c6c210d6ec2a178.jpg
73ac12159fe4245db1825fef6d0ce713.jpg

That is a good looking golf club.

JB;n8874026 said:
That is a good looking golf club.
Thanks, I bought a shaft puller, and then built it up with some help from THP videos featuring Canadan and Jman. To be weird I threw the black colorway in the 4i.
4adbb295cce84c2f35a65d1b1f1a9267.jpg
3cc3ad1ff5f962a5e240f6af1ad0d4a6.jpg

Glad it helped.

I had another good outing with this offering. A very solid tee shot on a tight par 4, and then a 205 ish approach from light rough that landed softly on the front edge and left me a 30 footer for eagle. After today, the cf16 4i is out of the bag and headed for the GD shadow box.

joshlarge9987;n8598079 said:

In my personal opinion, the look and feel of the CBX IW is much better than the Ping XOvers. Plus they are just absolute mashers of the ball.

I pulled the trigger on one of these Saturday, TEE certified pre owned for $70. PX black shaft which is what I'm wheeling in the driver. Super excited for it to arrive. I play a couple tight courses that this will be the primary stick off the tee. Hoping it will be here for a weekend round.

Tour Edge website has a final closeout price on CBX iron wood sets 5-AW with HZRDUS Black shafts $399!!! Trying to talk myself out of hitting the pay now button!!!

Too good of a deal to pass up!

Attachments

• photo36686.jpg
    photo36686.jpg
    819 KB · Views: 21
  • photo36687.jpg
    photo36687.jpg
    935.5 KB · Views: 22
  • photo36688.jpg
    photo36688.jpg
    1,002 KB · Views: 21
  • photo36689.jpg
    photo36689.jpg
    967.9 KB · Views: 20
  • photo36690.jpg
    photo36690.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 20
J.B. Cobb III;n8895130 said:
Too good of a deal to pass up!

You hit em yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooner21;n8896258 said:
You hit em yet?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not yet! Weather isn't great around here right now! Itching too though.

Not yet! Weather isn't great around here right now! Itching too though.
Let me know how it goes! I am currently deciding how far down these will go in the bag... 3-4 currently with lots of early success, and there is a 5iw on budget golf staring at me for $85ish after discount. I'm relatively happy with my cf16 5i... but...

Let me know how it goes! I am currently deciding how far down these will go in the bag... 3-4 currently with lots of early success, and there is a 5iw on budget golf staring at me for $85ish after discount. I'm relatively happy with my cf16 5i... but...

I will let you know tomorrow! Between the hurricane, daughter starting school, getting some things done around the house, I haven't hit them yet. But, I will tomorrow!

Picked up a CBX Iron-Wood 4-22* from Tour Edge CPO, just $70 and looks like it has never been hit. Took it to the range yesterday, nice straight mid/mid-low ball flight with good distance. My misses seemed to be off the toe, and lost some distance, but still went pretty straight. Will get it out on the course later this week.

20191007_153054_resized.jpg20191007_153103_resized.jpg20191007_153111_resized.jpg20191007_153140_resized.jpg

Hit these today at the range. Tee times were full this morning. Initial reaction is extremely positive. Looks good. Doesn't look like a SGI iron at address. Very easy to get the ball airborne. Feel was great. Soft off the forged face. Hit the 5&7 irons. Anyone that struggles hitting lower lofted irons will love these. I was a little surprised at the ball height. I would say I had a mid to mid/high flight. With the HZRDUS Black shafts, I was expecting low stinger type shots. Complements my EXS woods and hybrids well.
IMG_0953.JPGIMG_0954.JPGIMG_0955.JPGIMG_0956.JPGIMG_0957.JPG

Back