WITB: Galen Marek

New bag looks great

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Still love those x forged.

Love your head covers

So I’ve been losing distance (mostly from my new out to in downswing and lack of lower body usage) but I’m wondering if the extra lead tape wasn’t doing me any favors. I started using it with the Yonex Super ADX Forged irons but they had graphite shafts which I think is why it worked. With steel shafts I’m thinking it might not be the best choice. So I’ve finally gone lead free after many, many years. Every club is now between D-2 and D-3 except the PM 64 which is D-6. The remaining lead on the 3 wood and hybrid is just to bring them up to spec.

I’m not expecting any miracles til I get the swing figured out but hopefully I’ll swing them a tad faster.

5557f504342e4dfb32f8e02ff284e623.jpg

6b3c1e47416f4167402be1dfee5f6891.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

So clean buddy.

So EnglishTurn was kind enough to send me an X-Tour set. It was missing the six iron which I easily replaced. As you can see the seven iron has a broken shaft which needs to be replaced. English Turn provided a Rifle shaft and a Vokey 69 as well (thank you again!!!). Unfortunately Callaway won’t do it and I suspect anyone that does will bore the head out instead of the proper way which is cutting lengthwise slits in the tip to make the shaft squeeze in for a mechanical lock. If I can’t find someone to do it properly I may just wait til a good condition seven iron appears on eBay. But I’ve already hit them and they feel sweet, launch high as hell are quite forgiving. I love the look of them and can’t wait to have the lofts and lies set to my specs. This is gonna be fun!

42b705c2f1dd0be5e7275ee772b4c8a0.jpg

So EnglishTurn was kind enough to send me an X-Tour set. It was missing the six iron which I easily replaced. As you can see the seven iron has a broken shaft which needs to be replaced. English Turn provided a Rifle shaft and a Vokey 69 as well (thank you again!!!). Unfortunately Callaway won’t do it and I suspect anyone that does will bore the head out instead of the proper way which is cutting lengthwise slits in the tip to make the shaft squeeze in for a mechanical lock. If I can’t find someone to do it properly I may just wait til a good condition seven iron appears on eBay. But I’ve already hit them and they feel sweet, launch high as hell are quite forgiving. I love the look of them and can’t wait to have the lofts and lies set to my specs. This is gonna be fun!

42b705c2f1dd0be5e7275ee772b4c8a0.jpg

Fantastic clubs, you will get a lot of rounds from them. They were way ahead of their time with weighting performance.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

A quick call the CPO might solve that 7 iron problem

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

So at the Unofficial RR I lost a "Jailbreak bar"
IMG_5670 (1).jpg

So Callaway saw fit to replace my beloved Epic with a Rogue which is now a D-4
IMG_5781.jpg

So my Cobra Forged Tec One Length irons arrived and I'm not sure what to think. I like the head shape, the amount of offset and the PW doesn't seem like it would be that hard to hit but something about them is putting me off. It may be the all black. I'm thinking maybe I should have gone with Rifle shafts. I've had them for a week now and haven't hit them. Been walking around the house holding the clubs trying to get used to them like I did with the PM wedges when I first got them. All my friends are dying for me to bring them out so they can try them but I'm seriously thinking of selling or trading them. Let this be a lesson! At least see them in person before buying!

IMG_6635.jpg
IMG_6636.jpg
IMG_6637.jpg
IMG_6638.jpg

I am happy with my new putter cover though!

573241377.jpg

New 3 wood. Project X shaft cause Don knows I'm loyal. Went to go look at the Epic Flash SZ but I like the shape of my Rogue SZ better. Will probably switch eventually but now I’m in no hurry. I like a driver to look all 460 cc’s.

2076cd6ce4bf41d3134c249c84ee893c.jpg

Last edited:
That bag is

b15a596bef88c362e9fb2874f6865755.jpg

Oh hello there.

Still has my blank Project X custom shaft from the greatest event ever. That shaft has outlasted at least 3-4 driver heads.

My current poor man’s Phil set-up. Going with a more traditional 56 (54) wedge like Phil and upgraded the PM 19 60 and 64.

2ca56b0f421cfbb62273a830695a7fb7.jpg

Good looking setup. How do you like the Apex 19?

Good looking setup. How do you like the Apex 19?

I like the feel and shape quite a bit. The Project X Catalyst 70 shaft is smooth. It has less draw bias than my usual hybrids and a medium high ball flight without ballooning. I haven’t had it long so it remains to be seen if it can replace my trusty 815.

I like the feel and shape quite a bit. The Project X Catalyst 70 shaft is smooth. It has less draw bias than my usual hybrids and a medium high ball flight without ballooning. I haven’t had it long so it remains to be seen if it can replace my trusty 815.

That all sounds great. What made you move on from the 815? I'm debating whether to get a hybrid and if i do, whether I'm going to replace my 4i, my 5wd, or both with it.

That all sounds great. What made you move on from the 815? I'm debating whether to get a hybrid and if i do, whether I'm going to replace my 4i, my 5wd, or both with it.

I’m keeping the 815 around cause I fully expect her to win out once again but I wanted to compare her to a hybrid with Jailbreak to make sure I’m not giving up anything. Plus I do like the 19 shape and the shaft it came with.

My current poor man’s Phil set-up. Going with a more traditional 56 (54) wedge like Phil and upgraded the PM 19 60 and 64.

2ca56b0f421cfbb62273a830695a7fb7.jpg

great setup - that bag is fantastic

Okay final update. I think I’m done for a while now. Replaced the 4-iron with an Apex UT 24*. I got this one with a 5.5 shaft as opposed to my usual 6.0 because the beat irons I ever hit were the Yonex Rekin Super 10 forged. The shafts were lighter with lower kick points in the long irons and became heavier with a higher kick point in the short irons which has always made sense to me. So my thinking is a lighter, softer shaft in the UT will make it easier to get airborne.

Tinkering with my set-up is what has kept me sane during these weird times. Thank God Riverside courses open tomorrow or I was about to run into traffic soon. I don’t mind a 45-60 minute drive just to hit up a driving range.

e93bc4e41644ef2b308b1f4828f33bd5.jpg

a9b1fb7ed549416f75ea19ce1eeda295.jpg

All woods, 4-PW and the putter are D-4 and the wedges go D-4.5, D-5 and D-6.

I’m loving the offset and look of the PM 19 wedges and if I’m gonna make any further additions maybe I’ll give the PM 54 a shot.

980f26bba9db622b4fff0dca4755cfd2.jpg

11b46d77f1f1d2a66b2dbc70f807305f.jpg

0f887ce42cf7977e2b7a133a7b81c36d.jpg

Ordered this sweet baby and the Mavrik driver as well but the driver is on back order and I just started smoking my Epic Flash 3 wood and Epic Flash SZ driver.

Not sure if I can go back to bonded hosel woods.

Daddy did a thing.

c2b41218dab2a5b7078c1a366a8ef522.jpg

b19f9d4ef4835f71e3a26cd7eddeb949.jpg

Nice bag.

Back