PUMA Ignite NXT Golf Shoes

My grey Solelace NXT arrived today.

d92febcbf4a8f77df07bae543840dbfc.jpg

5e0ac83a0e01a4fed4911314dde49089.jpg

2364713affaf770a087d2422cbe88c1b.jpg

a869aa3f28940482fd747665bba07314.jpg

5d1af39ab2d8a0132715c98012592a13.jpg

Promptly put them on for a brief 15 min dog walk. First things first, these have a quality look to them, from the sole to the mesh upper to the PWRFRAME, they appear to be well built shoes. IMO they look better in person than pics show. Also, kudos to Puma for introducing a new lace system to go along with the disk and the traditional style. Big fan of innovation and it's what led me to get these instead of the other styles.

Putting on the shoe, much like the previous version, the soleshield was a little snug. It required a little bit of effort getting them on. The mesh upper is extremely breathable and feels very light. I haven't tried the Nike Roshe shoes which I guess would compare to these, but hard to imagine anything being more breathable. That's a big plus for me, given the high humidity in my area. Fit felt true to size to me, maybe just a little more space in the toe box than usual but it may not be worth going down a half size. I typically wear a 9 and think these will be fine.

The big question will probably be about the Solelace. I purposely tightened my left foot more than the right. Before walking outside I thought the right would be too loose. Well, I can confidently state it's possible to over-tighten the Solelace and yes, if you're not very bright about it the inside of the heel will still feel the effect a while after taking the shoe off. Both feet felt snug, actually really well supported in that midfoot area. You don't have to over-tighten these, at least in my early experience. I don't know that that area of the foot has ever been a real issue for me, but I'm probably not overly sensitive to it. I felt more connected to the shoe for sure though.

I was walking on the sidewalk, and in that scenario the insole was slightly more firm than I would prefer. Took a few steps on grass and immediately felt A LOT more comfortable. This isn't a "squishy" shoe by any means. Adding to that, the compound used on the sole felt very resistant. Initial impression is that it won't wear out as quickly as other spikeless designs.

No swings yet, but have a round planned for Wednesday and will wear these to try out. I believe it was c.a.eleric who asked about toe support. I'll be curious to see how these do, because they're on the minimalist end in that regard. I've gone to the range in soft trainers and have had slight discomfort on the right toes. I may have the same issue with these; can possibly get away with it for rounds but not heavy range sessions. That's one of the bigger items I want to circle back to. I'm cautiously excited; needed a lightweight, comfortable, breathable pair of golf shoes and these hit those boxes nicely.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you're curious about and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Great initial review. It will be interesting to see how the "waterproofing" is.

I have the Solelace and they are very comfortable wearing around the shop, I haven't been on the course with them yet, but hitting off of our mats provides great support and traction.

My grey Solelace NXT arrived today.

d92febcbf4a8f77df07bae543840dbfc.jpg

5e0ac83a0e01a4fed4911314dde49089.jpg

2364713affaf770a087d2422cbe88c1b.jpg

a869aa3f28940482fd747665bba07314.jpg

5d1af39ab2d8a0132715c98012592a13.jpg

Promptly put them on for a brief 15 min dog walk. First things first, these have a quality look to them, from the sole to the mesh upper to the PWRFRAME, they appear to be well built shoes. IMO they look better in person than pics show. Also, kudos to Puma for introducing a new lace system to go along with the disk and the traditional style. Big fan of innovation and it's what led me to get these instead of the other styles.

Putting on the shoe, much like the previous version, the soleshield was a little snug. It required a little bit of effort getting them on. The mesh upper is extremely breathable and feels very light. I haven't tried the Nike Roshe shoes which I guess would compare to these, but hard to imagine anything being more breathable. That's a big plus for me, given the high humidity in my area. Fit felt true to size to me, maybe just a little more space in the toe box than usual but it may not be worth going down a half size. I typically wear a 9 and think these will be fine.

The big question will probably be about the Solelace. I purposely tightened my left foot more than the right. Before walking outside I thought the right would be too loose. Well, I can confidently state it's possible to over-tighten the Solelace and yes, if you're not very bright about it the inside of the heel will still feel the effect a while after taking the shoe off. Both feet felt snug, actually really well supported in that midfoot area. You don't have to over-tighten these, at least in my early experience. I don't know that that area of the foot has ever been a real issue for me, but I'm probably not overly sensitive to it. I felt more connected to the shoe for sure though.

I was walking on the sidewalk, and in that scenario the insole was slightly more firm than I would prefer. Took a few steps on grass and immediately felt A LOT more comfortable. This isn't a "squishy" shoe by any means. Adding to that, the compound used on the sole felt very resistant. Initial impression is that it won't wear out as quickly as other spikeless designs.

No swings yet, but have a round planned for Wednesday and will wear these to try out. I believe it was c.a.eleric who asked about toe support. I'll be curious to see how these do, because they're on the minimalist end in that regard. I've gone to the range in soft trainers and have had slight discomfort on the right toes. I may have the same issue with these; can possibly get away with it for rounds but not heavy range sessions. That's one of the bigger items I want to circle back to. I'm cautiously excited; needed a lightweight, comfortable, breathable pair of golf shoes and these hit those boxes nicely.

Let me know if there's anything in particular you're curious about and I'll try my best to get back to you.

Great initial thoughts obedt. I love the availability of different lacing options and the comfort factors. I have a pair of Puma Grip Fusions and although they are rediculously comfortable, the tred wore down after very few rounds and were ultimately disappointing. I cant wait to hear your thoughts on tread life and waterproofing. I want to get on board with these but tread life needs to be better. In all fairness, I have 4 other pairs of Puma golf shoes and love every one but the Grip Fusion...my hopes are high for these.

:angry:

Then again, maybe I won't be buying Puma Ignites after all. Guess I'll try them on and see.

I bought a pair of the volition version in the summer. They looked so cool. They were the most uncomfortable il fitting show i’ve ever tried. Rhey are 100% incompatible with wide flat feet. If they ever make a version that fits me, i’ll buy them in every colorway.

942efb59ed92413021560be6229def7f.jpg

These are so nice! Feel really comfortable and the sole feels way more stable than the previous spikeless models

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
5d2ed3809b83d034ff29534eee6be6a0.jpg

@Snickerdog and @bmongi1, the course was dry. I did head onto the practice green rough area which had been watered and didn't have any moisture issues. Also purposely spilled some water on them and again, the material did a good job of repelling the water. On very soggy days these wouldn't be my go-tos, just because I'd imagine cleaning them could be a pain, but seem to do a good enough job for normal use.

@c.a.eleric, surprised didn't have any issues with toe discomfort on the right foot. I thought support there would be an issue but not the case today. Will take them to the range as family time permits to really give them a workout.

I rode today (which is typical lately). May try and walk 9 here in a few days and would see what's what. Just a little bit of heel fatigue in all honesty. Hoping I just have to break them in a little since they are a little firm there. Also, the sole feels closer to structured spiked shoes than soft spikeless. It's pretty firm and I'd imagine pretty resilient. The knobs are deep, so it should take a while to wear them out.

fe2cd3681e8156b39b144668e008f323.jpg

Last edited:
942efb59ed92413021560be6229def7f.jpg

These are so nice! Feel really comfortable and the sole feels way more stable than the previous spikeless models

5d2ed3809b83d034ff29534eee6be6a0.jpg

That’s my favorite color/lacing combo. Look fantastic; Enjoy them!!

@Snickerdog and @bmongi1, the course was dry. I did head onto the practice green rough area which had been watered and didn't have any moisture issues. Also purposely spilled some water on them and again, the material did a good job of repelling the water. On very soggy days these wouldn't be my go-tos, just because I'd imagine cleaning them could be a pain, but seem to do a good enough job for normal use.

@c.a.eleric, surprised didn't have any issues with toe discomfort on the right foot. I thought support there would be an issue but not the case today. Will take them to the range as family time permits to really give them a workout.

I rode today (which is typical lately). May try and walk 9 here in a few days and would see what's what. Just a little bit of heel fatigue in all honesty. Hoping I just have to break them in a little since they are a little firm there. Also, the sole feels closer to structured spiked shoes than soft spikeless. It's pretty firm and I'd imagine pretty resilient. The knobs are deep, so it should take a while to wear them out.

fe2cd3681e8156b39b144668e008f323.jpg

Good thoughts. I have a question: Can't remember, but someone said they felt heavier a bit then there other spike less shoes. Can you tell or not if they feel that way, I do a lot of walking and don't want a shoe that will wear me down weight wise. Size wise, did they seem to run true to your size or did you get 1/2size bigger?

Good thoughts. I have a question: Can't remember, but someone said they felt heavier a bit then there other spike less shoes. Can you tell or not if they feel that way, I do a lot of walking and don't want a shoe that will wear me down weight wise. Size wise, did they seem to run true to your size or did you get 1/2size bigger?

For me, they are true to size at 10.5. They feel
Heavier, but not in a weigh you down way. Just like more support. They just feel awesome.

did you ever wear the pwrsports? i really want someone who wore both, and experienced the toe discomfort i did, to hopefully chime in on whether these nxt shoes improved that support.

For me, they are true to size at 10.5. They feel
Heavier, but not in a weigh you down way. Just like more support. They just feel awesome.

Jourdan worded it well. Don't think they'll weigh you down.

did you ever wear the pwrsports? i really want someone who wore both, and experienced the toe discomfort i did, to hopefully chime in on whether these nxt shoes improved that support.
Sorry, can't help there. I was expecting some discomfort bc other unstructured trainer type shoes have given me problems, but these didn't at all. Hopefully someone that's tried them both can answer.

I bought a pair of the volition version in the summer. They looked so cool. They were the most uncomfortable il fitting show i’ve ever tried. Rhey are 100% incompatible with wide flat feet. If they ever make a version that fits me, i’ll buy them in every colorway.
Yep, the Puma Ignites didn't work for my overly plump feet. Oh well...maybe some day they will introduce a version in wide sizes.

Kinda looks like they took the PWRADAPT, trimmed the ankle a bit like the Ignite, and obviously removed the cleats. But the outsole and upper especially look exactly copied from the PWRADAPT.

Has anyone wore the NXT Disc for 18 walking? I have the PWRADAPT Disc I bought in September and found the left foot disc caused pain underneath when walking. Anyway, after about 8 walking rounds the cleats are coming apart like my previous PWRADAPT laced shoes and Puma has graciously offered to replace with the NXT shoes. I really like Disc but my only Puma shoe caused me so much discomfort I had to wear without the disc engaged.

I really like the look of the NXT Disc but the lineup won't be available up here until April at the earliest so can't try them out anywhere. I know it is early in the release to ask this question but taking a shot. Otherwise I may go with the regular lace version to be safe. Appreciate any experience anyone may have to date. Thanks.

Finishing up a range session. Pitched and chipped most of the large bucket in dewy rough. I believe a little bit of the moisture was coming through the mesh upper, nothing major but enough to let me know to not try these in very soggy or muddy conditions.

Then went to the range area to hit the large bucket off mats. 90% through and I definitely experience a slight discomfort on the outside of my big right toe.

On the plus side, no heel discomfort now. Looks like I’m breaking them in a little. These will be my go tos for dry rounds due to their comfort and breathability. Going to try and avoid range sessions with them just because I need a little bit more support on the toe box.

Kinda looks like they took the PWRADAPT, trimmed the ankle a bit like the Ignite, and obviously removed the cleats. But the outsole and upper especially look exactly copied from the PWRADAPT.

My rep told me they did the heather look on the upper to help with “staining” that people were experiencing and painted the lower to help keep the white and also make it easier to clean

Finishing up a range session. Pitched and chipped most of the large bucket in dewy rough. I believe a little bit of the moisture was coming through the mesh upper, nothing major but enough to let me know to not try these in very soggy or muddy conditions.

Then went to the range area to hit the large bucket off mats. 90% through and I definitely experience a slight discomfort on the outside of my big right toe.

On the plus side, no heel discomfort now. Looks like I’m breaking them in a little. These will be my go tos for dry rounds due to their comfort and breathability. Going to try and avoid range sessions with them just because I need a little bit more support on the toe box.

You are doing a fantastic job with the reviews my friend.

Can you speak more to the SoleLace - compare to regular lacing/Disc etc

My rep told me they did the heather look on the upper to help with “staining” that people were experiencing and painted the lower to help keep the white and also make it easier to clean

You are doing a fantastic job with the reviews my friend.

Can you speak more to the SoleLace - compare to regular lacing/Disc etc
Thanks Alex; appreciate the words dude

Tbh, I haven’t noticed a dramatic difference to traditional lacing. Have never thought I lacked too much stability. The one area where I feel more grounded is that middle of the foot area close to where you tie the laces. Foot seems real secure there and compressed, if you will, between the sole and the top of the shoe. Very stable shoe.

man this really disappointing to hear. not saying puma did anything wrong, just bummed that this shoe won’t give me the toe support i need. i ordered a pair yesterday, looks like i’ll probably be returning them immediately.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

man this really disappointing to hear. not saying puma did anything wrong, just bummed that this shoe won’t give me the toe support i need. i ordered a pair yesterday, looks like i’ll probably be returning them immediately.

I would think this is more a sizing thing. I have not experienced that at all.

I got mine yesterday and tried them on for the first time today. They’re already up for sale as I just could not get the heel tight enough and I could feel my heel pulling out of them. Nice shoe. Feels well made and comfortable, just not for me. Oh well, at least I got a deal on them.

I would think this is more a sizing thing. I have not experienced that at all.

don’t know what to say other than i’ve never experienced with any shoe until the pwrsport. that shoe was so comfortable but after a period of practice and play i had pretty bad bruising. switched back to pwradapt (with more firm support at the tip of the toe) and the toe has been healing. probably at 70%. it’s taken a really long time. same size in both shoes. same size i wear in all shoes.

don’t know what to say other than i’ve never experienced with any shoe until the pwrsport. that shoe was so comfortable but after a period of practice and play i had pretty bad bruising. switched back to pwradapt (with more firm support at the tip of the toe) and the toe has been healing. probably at 70%. it’s taken a really long time. same size in both shoes. same size i wear in all shoes.

I definitely experienced it with the model prior, too. Not to your extent, but to the point where I just didn’t wear them for golf. I think this new shoe should alleviate the issue.

I’m really looking forward to seeing and trying these out!

Back