Evolve Golf Motionwool Socks

I also received a couple of pair through Instagram contests. I also own about 10 pair of Kentwool socks as they are my daily go to.

I wore the Evolve golf socks out on a very wet and rainy day while delivering packages for UPS. In order to keep my feet dry I went with a pair of waterproof, spikeless golf shoes that day. As others have stated they are very soft but feel very thin. I walked/jogged about 8 miles that wet day. I had a feeling like my feet were "slipping" inside my shoe. I had the sensation that my feet were wet whether from stepping in a puddle of feet just sweating. It wasn't uncomfortable, just a "wet" feeling. Other than that my feet felt great while putting all those miles on them. Once I got home and took off my shoes I was expecting my feet to be soaked (as that was the feeling I was getting) but to my amazement both socks and feet were bone dry. No signs of any rubbing or agitated spots on my feet. I chalk up that wet feeling to just being how soft the socks are. My only concern will be durability over time but over the course of the next month or so I should have my answer.

I still prefer my Kentwools for now. I just prefer the thicker feel and not having my feet moving inside the sock feeling but that could always change once I get used to the new feeling from the Evolve. I also like that the Kentwool's are a little bit taller above the ankle. I'm not concerned about no show. I just don't want my ankle rubbing the side of my shoe. With the Kentwool's that definitely will not happen.

Maybe I'm just cheap but $22 for a pair of quarter socks is too steep for me. I have many wool/synthetic blend socks from companies like smartwool or REI that I can buy for much less. I have no problems paying for quality but these seem overpriced when there are so many other great sock options for less money. I recently picked up 10 pairs of Columbia Omniwick socks that are perfect for golf and they were 2 pairs for $11.

Im like an addict for these now.
I have 3 pairs and they are the first I reach to each week and if I am playing golf, I hold a pair back so I can make sure I have them to wear.
Thinner and lighter than my other wool socks and they wear perfectly.

Thanks to @OITW I have a pair of these to try out. I'll give them a go next time I work out on the bike, which should be later this week.

I've been wearing all of the different styles that I have pretty regularly since my last update.

The merino wool and synthetic fibers make for a fantastic sock.

The moisture wicking/management has been top notch.

I wore the black crew socks for a round of golf - it was a cold high 30 low 40 degree day and they kept my feet warm and dry. There was no discomfort or anything, I wasn't even thinking about my feet as they were comfortable, so the socks were doing their job. Another bonus, no chafing or blisters anything like that which is perfect.

The other times wearing the socks were with sneakers and regular everyday shoes/boots. Similar experience keeping my feet comfortable/dry/warm.

The big difference that I have notice between these and my Kentwool socks is that the Kentwools are thicker which I actually prefer when I've worn both for running as I feel like it gives me more cushion.

Other than that, I think these are fantastic and I definitely think I will be adding more socks in the future.

I've been wearing all of the different styles that I have pretty regularly since my last update.

The merino wool and synthetic fibers make for a fantastic sock.

The moisture wicking/management has been top notch.

I wore the black crew socks for a round of golf - it was a cold high 30 low 40 degree day and they kept my feet warm and dry. There was no discomfort or anything, I wasn't even thinking about my feet as they were comfortable, so the socks were doing their job. Another bonus, no chafing or blisters anything like that which is perfect.

The other times wearing the socks were with sneakers and regular everyday shoes/boots. Similar experience keeping my feet comfortable/dry/warm.

The big difference that I have notice between these and my Kentwool socks is that the Kentwools are thicker which I actually prefer when I've worn both for running as I feel like it gives me more cushion.

Other than that, I think these are fantastic and I definitely think I will be adding more socks in the future.

Its funny I’m the exact opposite on the thickness. I prefer that these are thinner as I don’t have to adjust sizing or anything in shoes.

Its funny I’m the exact opposite on the thickness. I prefer that these are thinner as I don’t have to adjust sizing or anything in shoes.

To clarify I prefer the Kentwools for running due to cushion but these for everything else

This is my observation as well and why I prefer Kentwool over these. Although they don't, I just constantly have the feeling that the Motionwool socks are sliding off/slipping as I walk. I just think that's due to the thinness of them and me being used to the thicker Kentwool. I also like how the Kentwools are just a smidge taller around my ankle.

I am in this corner as well. I much prefer these thinner socks over the thick Kentwool.

With the weather here not too much golf being played.

However, spent the afternoon ice skating/pond hockey wearing the crew socks and they were fantastic.

Comfort in the skates was outstanding, moisture management and no chafing was superb. Also my feet stayed pretty warm and comfortable in mid 20s temps.

I freaking love these socks. I’ve been testing them with all kinds of activities and they continue to pass with flying colors.

Wearing them today in the winter here in the midwest, and they're keeping my feet nice and toasty, but also breathable enough that it helps keep my feet dry as well. Still super soft and the durability has been great, they've been washed multiple times and really don't show it at all.

147ee1267066d74a2f8b75fbedd63a22.jpg

I walked 18 in the ultra lite socks, pictured above. I really liked them. I walk the majority of my rounds when I golf so finding comfortable socks that fit well is important. These socks checked the boxes.

As a preference I do prefer more cushion in my golf socks. I think it cuts down on soreness post round and the following day.

To compare, I wore the cushioned no shows for my run later in the week. I enjoy the cushioning and they were comfortable for the run however I think and after a few wears with the cushioned pair, I would prefer them for golf and the ultralite for running.

All in all both of these socks are fantastic, comfortable, do well managing moisture and temperature and are great quality.

Those socks are my favorite socks out there right now. Absolutely LOVE THEM.

I need more of the dress socks

I wore those on the plane on Monday.
They hit all of the marks I struggled with later on with Kentwool. The shrinking, the thickness, etc.

I'm probably missing it but I can't find a way to but the socks on the company's website. I've clicked everywhere on the website to try and find an option to buy the socks but get bupkis. I tried the link on p. 2 of this thread but get a 404 error. Does anyone have another link?

I wore those on the plane on Monday.
They hit all of the marks I struggled with later on with Kentwool. The shrinking, the thickness, etc.

The pair I have had for a while have held up way longer than the kentwool socks I tried.

The dress socks are my new favorite work socks. I stand at my desk for at least half the day and they are super comfortable.

Some socks have appeared on the web site - click here.

Limited Edition socks are half off through this weekend for the Masters.

D34KL6dWAAAVRh3.jpg

Limited Edition socks are half off through this weekend for the Masters.

D34KL6dWAAAVRh3.jpg

Just ordered up some, love those colors!

Couldn't resist the sale, so I bought one of each color of the Sports Cushion ones. Gotta see what all the fuss is about.

Couldn't resist the sale, so I bought one of each color of the Sports Cushion ones. Gotta see what all the fuss is about.

You won’t regret it

The socks at this pricepoint are a steal. The color options are different too.

The cushion isn’t really thick like a kentwool sock either but enough that you know it’s that extra cushion

Back