Breathable shoes for hot summer rounds

jlaakso

Ironman
Reaction score
Handicap
Feeling lazy, quick search did not return any current threads.

Anyhow, I'm using Footjoy Contour Fits wide. They are perfect fit for me, but weather is getting hotter. I fear my feet will be boiling in them. They are perfect for colder and wet weather.

I've been eyeing on True Linkswear Knits, but they are not available here, at least not yet. Water proof is not a must, water resistant is quite enough for the conditions I normally play. Wide and roomy toe box is required as I'm from Duckville.

Any suggestions?

Puma NXT Ignite are the most comfortable and cool shoes I've ever owned. Just played in them yesterday when it was 100 degrees outside. Didn't even think about them once. I was also wearing my THP motion wool socks and the combo cannot be beat (shameless plug).

Walking or riding?

I haven't found a shoe as comfy and foot friendly as the NXT Ignite from Puma. Unreal comfort and they do breathe.

Puma NXT Ignite are the most comfortable and cool shoes I've ever owned. Just played in them yesterday when it was 100 degrees outside. Didn't even think about them once. I was also wearing my THP motion wool socks and the combo cannot be beat (shameless plug).

I will echo this. Perfect for dry, hot conditions.

The NXT Ignite addressed a lot of the issues people had with the Puma Pwradapt shoes but if you're looking for something and waterproof isn't a dealbreaker, I love mine for comfort and breathability.

Most breathable shoes will be a mesh shoe like the Adidas Climacool and Climacool ST. Next would be knit-fabric shoes that various companies offer. After that would be the neoprene-style shoes like Puma Ignites

Many reviews state that NXT Ignite isn't very wide nor roomy compared to FJs. They look good. Toebox and tip seems quite shallow, this was a major reason I could not buy Nike Lunar Control Vapor II. They should be available at a nearby proshop, I need try them out.

Callaway's Balboa Vent and Vent 2.0 are another mesh fabric option. Made by the same company that manufactures New Balance golf shoes, and available in 2E Wide, although the toebox is a little more pointed than Adidas

3468d7329ef3ae36d4b1834bef9ce5f2.jpg

My wife bought me these and so far so good when it’s warm. Skechers Go Golf Max or something like that.

Plenty of good options listed so far, I'll throw these in.

Spikeless....

Tomo
dkgrayELEVATE_720x.png

Spiked

Adidas Tour 360 Knit
f33629--adidas-1.jpg

I have a pair of Puma Faas Lite mesh that I bought on Amazon.

Great for keeping the feet cool as the air goes right on through them. But although they fit great and feel very comfortable, theres so little "shoe" to them that I feel and look like I'm wearing elf slippers. Don't have big feet to begin at size 10, typically, but these look like 7's on me, LOL... Grip is fantastic.

Also have a pair of Adidas Climacool. My preferred choice, extremely comfortable and roomy footbed yet dynamically snug during play.

Only issue with them, and it's a big one, is that the nubs on the bottom wear extremely quickly. I ride and they were considerably worn after only maybe 10 rounds. Walking would demolish them very quickly. Strangely enough, its only the white nubs as the red ones are just fine.

I'm terribly sensitive to the humidity as I just overheat so much worse than others. On the hottest days, I flout tradition and wear golf sandals. I'll do whatever I can to lower the body temp.

Another vote for Puma NXT's here. I bought the Disc version this Spring. Most comfortable shoe I own. Even better than my sneakers.

You could always play barefoot like Sam Snead, can't get more "breathable" than that.

Puma NXTs - I’d say PWRAdapt but the spikes fail

Puma NXTs - I’d say PWRAdapt but the spikes fail

Agreed on both accounts. All day....errrrrr day

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You could always play barefoot like Sam Snead, can't get more "breathable" than that.
This year I started using barefoot shoes (minimal cushioning, no support) for running and everyday use. If I would find ones with a) good looks and b) good grip I would buy them I a heartbeat. But most that have agressive outsole, also have quite aggressive looks as well. But barefoot barefoot, not my thing on the golf course :)

This year I started using barefoot shoes (minimal cushioning, no support) for running and everyday use. If I would find ones with a) good looks and b) good grip I would buy them I a heartbeat. But most that have agressive outsole, also have quite aggressive looks as well. But barefoot barefoot, not my thing on the golf course :)
You might look at the true linkswear offerings. They have several zero drop options. I had a pair that I thought were great looking, but ultimately I couldn't get past the zero drop and minimal outsole so I sent them back.

You might look at the true linkswear offerings. They have several zero drop options. I had a pair that I thought were great looking, but ultimately I couldn't get past the zero drop and minimal outsole so I sent them back.
As I stated on the first post, Trues are not available in Europe yet :) True Knits would be my first-to-try if they were. I actually contacted them and they said branch is opening here this year, but schedule is wide open.

As I stated on the first post, Trues are not available in Europe yet :) True Knits would be my first-to-try if they were. I actually contacted them and they said branch is opening here this year, but schedule is wide open.
Haha, sorry didn't realize. Good luck.

I've got the nike flyknits and love them! very cozy and feel like you wearing noting but a sock.

The casual tennis shoe style from adidas to a textile version that isn't leather. I used a pair on holiday in Spain and thy were perfect for walking and riding. the crossknit line is also pretty good.

Found a great deal for NXT Ignite on Sportamore, approx $70 with free postage and return. Let's see if they fit. None of the local stores have them at my size so had to order them blind. Free return if they don't fit so win-win I guess.

Last edited:
I really like the Adidas Adipower 4orged. They are the most comfortable golf shoes I have ever owned.

Back