Breathable shoes for hot summer rounds

Found a great deal for NXT Ignite on Sportamore, approx $70 with free postage and return. Let's see if they fit. None of the local stores have them at my size so had to order them blind. Free return if they don't fit so win-win I guess.

NXT Ignites arrived. One shoelace hole (not sure what to call it) was already broken and another one almost teared. Fit was mostly good, they squeezed my pinky toe slightly although they were one size too long. So they are not a perfect fit for my feet nor is the quality in a level I would expect. So I'm returning them and pondering/wondering what's next. Maybe test drive my Nike Air Zoom Pegasus 34 running shoes, they breath and have semi suitable friction in the sole.

Found these at Costco. They're not quite as high end as the NXT, but they are pretty comfortable. Plus for $60,you can't go wrong.
34d142920ddcf6f77b143826dd9d8aa7.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Nike Roshe are a great option. Super comfortable and very light...I have this pair...18NIKMRSHGBLCKWHTGSH_Olive_Black_Summit_White_is.jpg

I have been going back and forth for summer shoes. Summer heat hasn't kicked in yet, and it never might. Anyhow, there are serious candidates like Nike Roshe, FJ Flex, several models from Adidas, Skechers Go Golf Mojo Elite. Also been looking at trail shoes, there are few that look decent, not like 4th July fireworks..

My doubts (that can be resolved by just going to nearby pro shop and test the candidates):

Adidas: Never had a Adidas shoe that fit my foot. they are either narrow or have strange configuration in the arc
Nike Roshe: toebox looks a lot like Nike Tanjun, shallow and narrow. I have pointy big toes, not a good combination. Nike's heel to toe drop is usually big, which makes me feel I'm going to fall on my nose
FJ Flex: although advertised as breathable, that kind of material usually is not. Also available only in medium, usually I need wide from FJ

I have been going back and forth for summer shoes. Summer heat hasn't kicked in yet, and it never might. Anyhow, there are serious candidates like Nike Roshe, FJ Flex, several models from Adidas, Skechers Go Golf Mojo Elite. Also been looking at trail shoes, there are few that look decent, not like 4th July fireworks..

My doubts (that can be resolved by just going to nearby pro shop and test the candidates):

Adidas: Never had a Adidas shoe that fit my foot. they are either narrow or have strange configuration in the arc
Nike Roshe: toebox looks a lot like Nike Tanjun, shallow and narrow. I have pointy big toes, not a good combination. Nike's heel to toe drop is usually big, which makes me feel I'm going to fall on my nose
FJ Flex: although advertised as breathable, that kind of material usually is not. Also available only in medium, usually I need wide from FJ

Have you looked if Adidas have any of the shoes you like in wide fit? I found them to be a good option if I know a certain design (tour 360) is a little tight but I still want a pair

Have you looked if Adidas have any of the shoes you like in wide fit? I found them to be a good option if I know a certain design (tour 360) is a little tight but I still want a pair
That's a good point. Medium/regular is the most common that shops have in stock, wide is usually ordered if some poor soul like me needs it.

Found these at Costco. They're not quite as high end as the NXT, but they are pretty comfortable. Plus for $60,you can't go wrong.

The Ignite’s are badass summer round shoes, and great OFF the course too!

This looks like a great deal. I absolutely love my spikeless puma shoes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wanted some light, cool shoes for Arizona golf and just bought some Adidas Tech Response shoes. The uppers are mostly mesh, so they are very cool and comfortable. I will still probably get some Puma Ignite NXTs, but I like the soft spikes on the Adidas shoes, don't worry about wet conditions in Arizona (I have some Tour360 Boost 2.0 shoes for that) and they are a great deal for $50. They run a little small so I went up a half size. Their good reviews are justified.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Little update, I was able to try Adidas Adipower 4orged in store, they felt good. They only had 10.5UK which was half size too small, looking for size 11UK if I decide to make a purchase. They were light and seemed to breath as well. Unlike any Adidas I have worn or tried in the past, they actually felt good.

I second "adidas Golf Men's Adicross Climacool Motion Golf Shoes". They are spikeless, and are super breathable. Best ones I've owned for that, and I usually buy a new pair of breathable shoes every year as walking 100 rounds usually wears them out.
For wet conditions I wear FJ Contours I believe (spiked), which are completely waterproof up to the top of the shoe.
But if its not wet I wear the adidas's, but they are wearing out and will have to look for new ones. I bought these halfway through last season.

Haven't made any progress yet, but I received info that True Linkswear online shop in Europe should/would/could open in few days!

Back