Stephen Curry UA Golf line

I think it’s a great move. Steph is golf obsessed and his visibility is outstanding.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It could be, but very different from the Jordan brand.
If they want to head this route, the Curry brand needs to be marketed than more "stuff Steph wears".

It could be, but very different from the Jordan brand.
If they want to head this route, the Curry brand needs to be marketed than more "stuff Steph wears".

Totally different from Jordan, agreed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He is already with UA and known to be an avid golfer so I can see why. Michael Jordan has retro golf shoes, and had Wilson golf clubs at a time. Its not new really.

well, first of all, MJs line is Air Jordan... So bringing the iconic shoes over makes plenty of sense. Plus, he's MJ.

I get where you're coming from, this just feels like a different level. Trying to bridge the gap maybe?

According to Twitter reaction, the Chicago Cubs says that the hat is racist. Hahaha

That's a hard pass for me. I'm not sure why UA thinks that's an attractive look.

Haha, well the Jordan brand is a bit different than Curry coming out with a golf line. Jumpman 23 has been a subset relating to sports and lifestyle for over a decade.

Curry has had his own signature shoes and clothing from UA for some time now. He is an avid golfer and even has his hand in that Holey Moley show, so I don't see a huge difference. Jordan had Wilson clubs back in the 90's, I had a set thought I was so cool!

That's a hard pass for me. I'm not sure why UA thinks that's an attractive look.

Have you seen the crazy stuff hypebeasts and younger fashion styles look like? This is about normal at this point. Puma released their collection a while back that had some of the same styles, maybe not as out there but the same feel. It is a very hard pass for me except the jacket, but I get it I guess?

I probably wouldn't buy the shirt, but I think it looks pretty good. I am digging the shoes and socks.

well, first of all, MJs line is Air Jordan... So bringing the iconic shoes over makes plenty of sense. Plus, he's MJ.

I get where you're coming from, this just feels like a different level. Trying to bridge the gap maybe?

I see it as exactly that, UA trying to use his status and who he is to bridge the gap. I'm not a fan of the clothes or UA in general as I don't find their stuff great but I applaud them for trying.

Have you seen the crazy stuff hypebeasts and younger fashion styles look like? This is about normal at this point. Puma released their collection a while back that had some of the same styles, maybe not as out there but the same feel. It is a very hard pass for me except the jacket, but I get it I guess?

Okay.
I think most would see a difference, but everybody is different for sure. The Jordan Brand sponsors athletes, and is less about what MJ wears and more about the brand overall and subculture.
FWIW, Wilson releasing Jordan irons, outside of the Chicago tie in, is equally odd. Yet he was a sponsored athlete by them, so they released a signature line.

Again, I think that if they want to make Curry a brand, great. It has to be more than "This is what I wear" and evolve to subset.

Okay.
I think most would see a difference, but everybody is different for sure. The Jordan Brand sponsors athletes, and is less about what MJ wears and more about the brand overall and subculture.
FWIW, Wilson releasing Jordan irons, outside of the Chicago tie in, is equally odd. Yet he was a sponsored athlete by them, so they released a signature line.

Again, I think that if they want to make Curry a brand, great. It has to be more than "This is what I wear" and evolve to subset.

I agree there if they are going to make the SC line a subset and almost an independent company as Jordan is under Nike then this could work. If it is as you said just a line of clothing under UA that is his signature golf line I don't see it gaining much traction.

all kinds of nope

It’s a no from me dawg...

Polo is a big nogo for me, everything else I am ok with.

No across the board...awful

I like UA clothing and shoes in general. This line does nothing for me! Hopefully, it's better than their golf gloves. Ripped right through one after less than two rounds in Nashville!

It's nothing I'll be buying but I think it makes sense as a release. I doubt it'll bring in big bucks but will bring in some new eyes to the UA stable.

Terrible. Reminds me of the stuff Puma putts out.

Back