Spinoff: What Fashion Faux Pas Do You Rock?

The white belt is faux pas? Well then check that one off for me.. also untucked shirts, and not necessarily cargo shorts but the golf shorts that do have that one side pocket haha

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

I have the Chaps golf shorts with that 1 side zip pocket. I love them!

Last edited:
I will wear the dreaded black belt, black shorts, black ankle socks and black shoes on more than just rare occasions. I also just added a white belt to the mix! Oh and I often wear the Callaway golf shorts with pockets on both sides similar to cargo shorts so I may be in violation of the no cargo shorts rule!

I didn’t realize white belts were a no go nowadays. So I’ve got that going for me. And iron covers...I don’t care how much **** I take from people, I like my clubs to look nice.

I wear a white belt frequently, I wear trousers even when it's hot outside, and I keep a ball marker on a hat clip. Also, I have untucked my shirts when they're short enough to not be embarassing.

These are all "sometimes I wear"...

Cargo Shorts Baby !! (they hold lots of tees, markers, repair tools, range finders, beers...)
Ball mark on my hat
Untucked shirt
White belt

As long as my shirt doesn't look like a dress when doing so, I prefer to play with an untucked shirt.

I don't exactly worry about if what I am wearing "matches". Khaki golf shorts (I don't think I have any that would qualify as "cargo shorts"), green shirt, white hat, black shoes, whatever color socks I grabbed, or some such combination, close enough for me!

Bucket hat for me when I'm trying to limit my sun exposure, plus you can wet them down when it's hot. Other than that, it's probably only the shoe thing. I only own white and black golf shoes. I need to go find some grey ones...

Bucket hat for me when I'm trying to limit my sun exposure, plus you can wet them down when it's hot. Other than that, it's probably only the shoe thing. I only own white and black golf shoes. I need to go find some grey ones...

I found some light brown Ecco Cage Pro (think that's the right name) a couple months ago. First brown golf shoes I've owned in years and I love 'em. Work great with light gray, dark blue or dark green slacks as well as khakis.

Don't know why brown is the hardest color to find in golf shoes nowadays.

None, because I don’t wear cargo shorts on the golf course

None, because I don’t wear cargo shorts on the golf course

But you do wear Joggers so that kind of counts

But you do wear Joggers so that kind of counts

That is a fashion Faux Paux for you, not for me - Cargo Shorts is the one thing I consider a fashion faux paux on the course and like Meatloaf said, I would do anything, but I won't do that.

That is a fashion Faux Paux for you, not for me - Cargo Shorts is the one thing I consider a fashion faux paux on the course and like Meatloaf said, I would do anything, but I won't do that.

Haha I do agree cargo shorts are way worse than joggers

Don't have a white belt but if I did, you won't see it because of my untucked shirt. Cargo shorts I have and I just started the clip marker on my hat, LPGA style haha!!

I have been guilty of the following:

Sandals - forgot my golf shoes
Cargo shorts - I keep golf clothes in my car, and ran out. All I had left was cargo shorts.
Untucked shirt - I always start tucked in, but being fat, it comes untucked and at some point, I stop fighting it and just pull it out.

I think it would feel weird for me to tuck my shirt in while wearing shorts. I don't see many others do it either though, at least not at the courses I have been playing. Or maybe I just don't notice.

1. Untucked. Even at a nice course, I may tuck in for the 1st tee, but after my third put on the way to tee 2 it somehow becomes untucked.

2. If I end up playing an impromptu round after work, I will be the guy on the course in dress pants and a button up dress shirt. (that probably became untucked by hole 2).

3. If I forget to bring my rain jacket and bag cover, I will be the guy with a gas station plastic poncho walking the course. And yes, depending on seriousness of the round I will be the guy hitting his approach shot with said poncho on.

*Secretly I want to be the guy that plays the course barefoot.

To my knowledge, just an untucked shirt. My stomach is just big enough that I’m more comfortable leaving it untucked.

I am sure most people consider my very existence a crime against the game. Iron covers and I love how they look, basketball shorts, no tucked shirt, tee shirt when course allows it...I am going for comfort, and proudly. When courses require it I will wear a polo but those get tucked in the first of never. And if it is chilly, athletic pants.

I have bought two pairs of golf shorts and found both so A) ugly and B) uncomfortable that I ended up donating both to Goodwill.

Pretty much 99% of the people I golf with look more "golf fashion acceptable" to the masses and 100% care more. I will take comfort and what I like to look at ahead of some of the rather judgmental stiffs from the other thread. I have golfed with I believe 6 people from THP, most just once in a round up at Chambers, enjoyed them...but based on threads like that one, I plan to keep it close to that number!

Wait? Flat brimmed hats are frowned upon? Well, I rock those. I also wear cargo pants (had them on today). They're not the big baggy kind and you can't tell until your up close.

I also just found out that towels are bad. I keep a small one clipped on my beltloop and tucked in my back pocket.

Sent from my SM-T820 using Tapatalk

I have zero problems rocking a white belt. I'll also throw on my visor from time to time.

I rock a white belt, bucket hat, pink shorts just to name a few haha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Guess I'm the only one wearing golf sandals... and I have 3 pair of 'em.

Also wear visors with a hat clip in the summer (hats in less than summer heat).

Washcloth sized towel in back pocket (for perspiration only).

Cooling towel wrapped around my neck and tucked within my shirt is my new thing over the last 2 rounds.

Will (very) occasionally go untucked in shorts when wearing a shorter shirt. Always tucked with slacks unless playing cold weather and layers dictate untucked look.

So much of my dress and behavior is a reaction to the heat and humidity and my lifelong intolerance for both.

Sandals, visor, pocket towel, cooling towel, and occasional untucked are all reactionary to the heat. Because the truth is, I dislike the look of each but I do what I feel that I need to do for my own comfort (blunting significant discomfort, is more like it) and safety.

Heck... I even attach a rechargeable fan to the cart so I can get just a few degrees of relief.

I recently wore white shorts with a >36" waist. I have worn white belts on the course recently. I recently started using a hat clip ball marker.

Back