Bright and loud apparel or conservative?

tomcat

2019 Grandaddy Alumni
Reaction score
Handicap
Scripting has been a big deal in golf for awhile now, and nothing new to anyone here. Most probably feel that when they go to the course, they want to look appropriate for where they're playing, especially since golf is very much a sport for those that like tradition.

Whenever I'm on the tennis court, I prefer bright colors, and they don't really even have to match. My racket is bright orange, shoes have neon yellow, and shorts and shirt, while more subdued, aren't just white. On the course, I still like colors, but not as bright. I love Rickie's Sunday orange. I'm certainly not a loud or boisterous person, but enjoy the colors.

So, if you were heading to the course, and the club/course didn't have any specific dress code, would you trend more towards conservative colors in your clothing, or brighter/louder clothing? Does that match your personality?

i like some color, but nothing crazy. i don’t like patterns, just some stripes. and plain shorts though i’m not opposed to some color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I like my stuff to coordinate. I might wear teal shorts, but a navy shirt. Or a bright colored shirt with dark grey shorts. IMO only one piece of your clothing should be the feature and the colors should be complimentary.

Last edited:
i like some color, but nothing crazy. i don’t like patterns, just some stripes. and plain shorts though i’m not opposed to some color.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I typically agree. I'm not a John Daly type design of loud/bright.

I’m not Rickie all bright orange tops and bottoms but I often am half bright(shirt or shorts, not both). There are plenty of bright pink, blue, yellow, and green in my wardrobe including plaid shorts with all of those colors. I also have several golf belts that are white, blue, yellow, etc.

Scripting has been a big deal in golf for awhile now, and nothing new to anyone here. Most probably feel that when they go to the course, they want to look appropriate for where they're playing, especially since golf is very much a sport for those that like tradition.

Whenever I'm on the tennis court, I prefer bright colors, and they don't really even have to match. My racket is bright orange, shoes have neon yellow, and shorts and shirt, while more subdued, aren't just white. On the course, I still like colors, but not as bright. I love Rickie's Sunday orange. I'm certainly not a loud or boisterous person, but enjoy the colors.

So, if you were heading to the course, and the club/course didn't have any specific dress code, would you trend more towards conservative colors in your clothing, or brighter/louder clothing? Does that match your personality?

I can go super traditional with solids and stripes, but I also like fun botanical or floral shirts and hats. Like to mix it up. Keep the shorts simple tho!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I go very conservative head to toe.

Simple shorts, black belt (gasp) and I wear shirts in colors I wouldn't normally wear :)

Shorts are tame, but shirts are all about a little flash on the course for me. Another reason I love Matte Grey.

Conservative. Not a huge fan of the bright colors. Hell, just this past year I finally broke down and got white colored golf shoes (always black before). Still can’t bring myself to get/wear white pants though...

Especially when it is warm enough to wear shorts some of my apparel can get a little brighter but not Loudmouth Clothing bright. I have a number of patterned shorts while my golf shirts tend to be more solids than anything else. All of my long pants for golf are very conservative, navy, black, gray or khaki and with solid bottoms I can wear some patterned shirts, but still more conservative. Hat, shirt, pants/shorts all have to color coordinated.

Lots of grey, blue & black. Very low key, I will pop an orange on for work every now and then. I prefer to be under the radar.

My summer wardrobe is a rainbow of shirts and blue, black, and tan shorts to coordinate. I prefer solid colors, though a couple of the shirts have discrete striped patterns. My winter clothes are black and blacker, to pull in the warmth of the sun..

Shorts are low key but I like some bright colors for my shirts.

Mr. Conservative here, pleased to meet you.

I tend to be more conservative. I wear a lot of simple polo shirts and most of my shorts are either khaki or black. I have seen some Loudmouth gear that I really like (the Happy Hour and their PBR branded gear), which is completely out of my comfort zone but it is fun.

I have a few colors I wear, typically blues and greens, but my shorts are pretty basic. I’ll add the occasional splash of color, but not tons.

My apparel is pretty standard a few unique pieces but nothing over the top

Not loud, but, some times, I will wear bright colors on top. Bottoms tend to be more conservative, but, I have a couple of pieces, that are not so conservative.

A lot of grey, black, blue shorts/pants with brighter colored shirts.

Bright colors on conservative cut clothing.

I like black shorts or slacks, but like a bright shirt, orange, yellow green.

I’m pretty conservative I suppose. I don’t go looking to make a loud statement. My bag gear is probably more exciting than the clothes that I wear.

Back