Best Rain Gear Jacket

dixonterp10

Reaction score
Handicap
So, the pops and I are taking a trip to Ireland in 18 months to play and my current rain gear is junk. Looking for recommendations for new rain gear, both jacket and pants. I am not brand loyal and I wouldn't mind buying different brands for each. Not sure if Gore-Tex is the way to go or some other companies propreitary technology.

In order of importance;
1. Stay dry
2. Be Breathable (I'd rather layer up underneath a jacket, want it to be versaitle to wear in summer)
3. Non-swing restrictive

Appreciate everyone's help.

Ogio stuff is quality! And they’re having a 50% of sale right now. Don’t know how long it’s on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just bought Galway Bay unlined pants. They look like normal golf pants which was a big selling point for me since I'll wear them on the course and to rainy day Army Football games this fall. Very happy with the product.

I'm also looking for a golf rain gear top so this thread is timely.

I’ve had a set of FootJoy DryJoy Tour for like 15 years. Always keeps me dry, not restrictive, and still look new. A bit warm in the hot summers here. Have a short sleeve Callaway I got this year and love it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rain gear is tricky, I have yet to find anything that is truly breathable when it’s raining and humid out but for me the Foot Joy gear has been the best to me thus far, I’ve had a 3/4 sleeve jacket for 8 years and its still doing awesome. Rain gear can be tricky though it’s one of those things that you kind of get what you spend.

Rain gear is tricky, I have yet to find anything that is truly breathable when it’s raining and humid out but for me the Foot Joy gear has been the best to me thus far, I’ve had a 3/4 sleeve jacket for 8 years and its still doing awesome. Rain gear can be tricky though it’s one of those things that you kind of get what you spend.

I agree you get what you pay for. I have even seen some reviews for some European brands as well. Not working with unlimited bankroll, but rather have something that will last 10-15 years.

So, the pops and I are taking a trip to Ireland in 18 months to play and my current rain gear is junk. Looking for recommendations for new rain gear, both jacket and pants. I am not brand loyal and I wouldn't mind buying different brands for each. Not sure if Gore-Tex is the way to go or some other companies propreitary technology.

In order of importance;
1. Stay dry
2. Be Breathable (I'd rather layer up underneath a jacket, want it to be versaitle to wear in summer)
3. Non-swing restrictive

Appreciate everyone's help.

Look up Howler Brothers. They have an amazing rain jacket that is, IMO, the best out there and is pretty reasonable priced.

I have a Nike Storm something, works like a charm!

Ogio stuff is quality! And they’re having a 50% of sale right now. Don’t know how long it’s on.

Just a hunch but I am guessing they may get out of some Ogio apparel categories with all the turmoil with the potential sale of the company. 50% is pretty steep price drop.

This thread happened to pop up at the right time as I definitely need some new rain gear...just ask JB.

Zero Restriction makes some quality items at reasonable prices. I have a Sun Mountain rain suit that I have had for about 12 years that is still in great shape and you can sometimes find a nice deal on them.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

I do well in a short sleeve rain jacket with long sleeve dri-fit underneath. I think the arms/elbows need freedom to swing.

I have a couple of FJ Dryjoy jackets that work really well. I have a short sleeve Zero Restriction shirt for summer.

I have a zero restriction jacket/pants and they do the job. If I had the cash, I’d go Galvin Green....great stuff. For me it is important to stay dry and have quiet smooth movement. I think it is important to test with a swing any jacket you short list. Having golfed a bit in the UK, you definitely need a good quality suit. Have fun!

Based in the U.K I have tried all the rain gear and nothing beats Galvin green. They are quality and last for years. My trousers are over 6 years old and still work great.
I have there latest waterproof top which is expensive at over £450, but it's so comfortable to wear and breathable. It has super stretch panels in the back and elbows and makes swinging very easy and you dont feel restricted.

Best waterproof I ever had was Galvin Green. Getting truly breathable and waterproof is a tough nut to crack, to have your waterproof last a long time you'll need to keep retreating it with a DWR coating, especially if breathability is a big thing on the fabric you are wanting.

I've had a Zero Restriction jacket for over 25 years! Still great and dry! Free swings! Love it! I've heard that Galway and Gavin Green are great also.

Kjus are an excellent brand for rainwear - used by the Champion Golfer of the Year, no less.

Having seen Gor-tex's lifetime warranty be up held on multiple occasions, I have a hard time going anything that is not Gor-tex based.

I’ve got adidas goretex for the pants, and ZR goretex for the jacket. While GG makes some of the best out there, my bigger need was that it keeps me dry.

So far so good!

The Ogio gear is 50% off and you can snag an extra 20% if you sign up for email notifications. Time for me to place an order.

The Ogio gear is 50% off and you can snag an extra 20% if you sign up for email notifications. Time for me to place an order.

Well wasn’t that a kick in the you know what. Dozed off before I put my credit card number in last night, only to go back in to complete the order and the sale ended. Darn it!!!

I live in Florida and as you may have heard, it rains down here, a lot, and can be quite humid. Of all the weatherproof jackets I have owned, the Columbia Titanium Men's OutDry Reversible Jacket is my favorite. Its not as breathable as many other options, but it also doesn't "wet out" like most of my breathable jackets do. Also, since its last years model, you may be able to find them on sale for a good price at many online locations.

Not a golf brand, but I wear my Sitka Gear Vapor SD jacket all the time. Lightweight, waterproof and breathable.

The Sunice jacket I have is absolutely fantastic. A little pricey but most quality rain gear seems to be

Back