Best Rain Gear Jacket

I've used footjoy, adidas, sun mountain, and cross and all have been really good. The Cross one might have been my favorite, with the Sun Mountain being 2nd. SM pants were super good for me. I haven't used Galvin Green for rainwear, but hear they are very reliable. Galway Bay is another that I hear lots of good things about.

I paid the money for a Galvin Green Goretex jacket and it was by far the best rain gear i have ever had. There are other really good brands that are probably not as expensive, but if I ever got a new one it would most likely be another GG jacket.

So many great choices, I appreciate all the feedback.....

Sounds like GG, Sunice, ZR, are top brands, just a little pricier. Really appreciate it!

Hmm, never seen or heard about Ogio rain gear. Wonder how well it blocks water? No mention of the mm resistance.

Hmm, never seen or heard about Ogio rain gear. Wonder how well it blocks water? No mention of the mm resistance.

Company Callaway bought.

Maybe it’s me, but, Rain gear is unnecessary. Rain = wait for another day!

Maybe it’s me, but, Rain gear is unnecessary. Rain = wait for another day!

I’m headed to Ireland for 6 days. Not really an option to wait it out.

I like Footjoy Dryjoy, but its expensive. Just bought like new jacket and pants on Ebay for $80 total, better than $500 for new!

Has anyone heard of this brand? Looks pretty solid

https://www.glenmuir.com/sunderland

they have been around a long time. used to be "the standard" in rain gear over in Scotland, but no clue now. they used to partner with GoreTex and now i see they dont have any Gore waterproofing tech. but their pricing is pretty good. and some reviews say its still great, but i wonder why it was never adopted over here?

jdtox;n8613244 said:
The Sunice jacket I have is absolutely fantastic. A little pricey but most quality rain gear seems to be

Love mine too! Absolute drones, light and comfy

Galvin Green as long it's their Goretex stuff. Haven't tried any of their other materials in the rain. But I love their Goretex material. Easy to maintain and if the repellancy ever wears, just wash and dry it with some special Goretex wash (though this is true of any Goretex material regardless of brand). Some sites have their stuff on sale too.

USAF Ret in Wis;n8893242 said:
I have the ProQuip Stormforce PX5 pants and jacket, they are excellent. Waterproof and soft to the touch. i think it was $305 shipped, so very happy with this purchase

https://golfsupport.com/golf-waterpr...&min=0&max=449

Unfortunately they will no longer ship to the USA because of their prices being so good.

I use Footjoy Dryjoy's for both a full sleeve jacket + pants and have kept me nice and dry in the crappy months here in WNY. I honestly wouldn't mind finding a waterproof vest for the warmer months, I love the non-restrictiveness a vest gives you. Really any jacket no matter what make will feel somewhat restrictive.

dixonterp10;n8893256 said:
Unfortunately they will no longer ship to the USA because of their prices being so good.

dang, sorry, wasn't aware of that

dixonterp10;n8893256 said:

Yup. This lasted up until like June of this year. I bought Kjus (one year old models) for $400 direct from Kjus of the Pro3L models.

I played Bandon Dunes in Linksoul's rain gear in March 2019. It was not completely breathable, but I stayed dry and it was not swing restrictive. Linksoul has a pretty liberal return policy. Maybe give it a try before the trip?

Back