Favorite golf pants and why

McLovin

grateful for this community
Albatross 2024 Club
Reaction score
Handicap
Last summer I discovered the joy of wearing golf pants to work. I live in a hot, humid climate. On days when I don't have any client interaction, the golf pant is the perfect work attire.

So my perfect golf pant needs to be breathable, not too sporty or loud because it has to be work-appropriate, and for fit I prefer something more European/trim since I have sticks for legs and a medically diagnosed severe condition of NoAssAtAll. The only pair of golf pants I have are Puma Stretch Pounce Pant. They pretty much check my boxes, though I'm curious to hear what others prefer.

What's your favorite golf pant and why?

I don't wear pants to play in often now, but when I wore them daily Puma turned out to be the best mixture of fit and material for me. It was when they first started offering euro or tapered fits, which by the looks is what the Jackpot is now maybe? The other pants that I loved the fit of were Galvin Green. The issue I had with them at the time was the material, it didn't breath as well. Not sure if maybe some of the newer materials from them are better, but they do offer a fantastic euro fitting pant.

2017ish adidas tapered fit golf pants and it's not anywhere close. Wish I could find them for 40 or less somewhere. I'd buy enough pairs to last me the next ten years.

Soft material, very breathable, perfect fit, nice grab on the golf shirt at the waist, with the perfect amount of stretch.

Bonobos golf pants: great fit options, odd sizes, dont have to iron them. Look great on and off course.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puma Jackpot and its NOT close.

Jackpot

I'd say either the Bonobos highlander slim fit or Dunning's pants.

Its Puma Jackpot for me too. I bought 3 pairs this year and they are fantastic. I prefer the 5 pocket version to the regular and I suffer from the same conditions @McLovin haha

Adidas Ultimate 365 Pants. Breathable and nice for the course, and still look nice enough I can wear them to the office during the summer.

As someone forced to wear pants for much of my golf season...

My closet has become a split between Puma (~60%) and Dunning (~40%).

If I had to pick a single favorite, I'd probably give Dunning the edge. They just don't have the number of colors and styles that Puma does though, so you're forced to work with a (fairly conservative) palette.

Linksoul pants are great. I also really like LuLuLemon ABC's (anti ball crushers)

I have 3 that I like right now:

1) Puma Jackpot 5 pocket are really solid
2) Bonobos Highland Tour - bought these on clearance otherwise I wouldn't pay the money
3) Rhone Approach Air pants - just bought these on a discount and they are the most breathable pants I have ever worn. About as expensive as the Highland tours but they might be my favorite pair, will know more as I get to wear them more.

UnderArmour "Showdown" pants, the straight (not tapered) version.

https://www.underarmour.com/en-us/mens-ua-showdown-pants/pid1309545-408

I wear them every day to work, every round for golf and in the summer time I wear them instead of jeans on weekends and holidays. Ultra breathable, they weigh almost nothing, the material holds up pretty well to machine washing (if you avoid the dryer) and they fit me fine. Pretty expensive at $80 (or get last year's version on the UA Outlet for around $65) but I get good lifetime out of them.

The darker colors will eventually fade a bit from the sun but in summertime I'm wearing light gray and khaki to stay cool anyway. I save the dark blue and so forth for winter or for wearing to work.

I have a couple pairs of Adidas (light grey and black) and a pair of the Puma Essential Pounce and the Puma are my preferred for most conditions

Puma Jackpot and its NOT close.

Are those basically the replacement for the Essential Pounce line? Been looking online at the shorts but haven't pulled the trigger yet as wasn't 100%, but if they are then I will most likely grab some

Puma jackpot for me as well but a close second were a line of Ashworth golf pants from a few years back.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Puma jackpot 5 pocket (I think) for sure! light material, not as much of that swishy sound like I get from the bikes i picked up.. the standard fits my thunder thighs well with a good taper (not bell bottomed like others), so the slim should fit you well

They grey is a nice deep classic grey, can't even tell they're golf pants

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

How is the fit on the puma jackpot? Slim? I definitely prefer a slimmer cut

Puma’s last two years have been great for pants (jackpot has the lead but not by a ton to me). I used to love adidas and UA but they had some troubles recently and I jumped off that ship fast.

Usually wear shorts on course but my fav pant is Uniqlo fitted

My tried and true are Nike Dri-Fit Core Flex and Puma 6-Pocket golf pants have been perfect for me to go from the office to the course. I wore the Nike pants recently playing after work and I didnt feel hot or uncomfortable at all. Temps were in the 90's with the humidity and heat index up also.

budget golf has a sale on the puma 6-pockets if interested.

Long pants and capris- Women's Duluth Trading company No-Ga Relaxed fit. Comes in multiple inseams and pockets(unusual for women's pants) . Moisture wicking and SPF 40.
Shorts - Duluth Trading company Women's Dry on the Fly - SPF 50 and lots of pockets, Land's End Women's Active Pocket Shorts

I really like my Greg Norman pants from GG. Moderately priced (for golf attire), light, breathable and a stretchy waistband all work for me.

Dunning pants are by far and away the best golf pants

Adidas ultimate. They are my fav pants and shorts. I wear the pants to work everyday and shorts everyday as well. Love the fabric and the stretch.

Back