Favorite golf pants and why

I hate pants.

but when I have to, typically some Callaway blue pants. Ben Hogan black pants. Haggar "nice" pants.

Lululemon ABC pants.

Lululemon ABC pants.

Been waiting for someone to say these. They're kind of a do all pant.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2017ish adidas tapered fit golf pants and it's not anywhere close. Wish I could find them for 40 or less somewhere. I'd buy enough pairs to last me the next ten years.

Soft material, very breathable, perfect fit, nice grab on the golf shirt at the waist, with the perfect amount of stretch.
I agree, I have quite a few pairs of the 3 stripes from Adidas that I wear to work, and to play when it cooler here in Texas, Both weeks of it....but they are awesome as work pants if you have to wear slacks. The taper fits, not so much at my age.....

As someone forced to wear pants for much of my golf season...

My closet has become a split between Puma (~60%) and Dunning (~40%).

If I had to pick a single favorite, I'd probably give Dunning the edge. They just don't have the number of colors and styles that Puma does though, so you're forced to work with a (fairly conservative) palette.

For those that like the Dunning, curious where you like to buy them?
Been trying to find a place with good prices on them. Thanks!

For those that like the Dunning, curious where you like to buy them?
Been trying to find a place with good prices on them. Thanks!

Steinmart gets Dunning stuff from time to time. I have bought a few shirts there. I do not know if they get shorts or pants though.

Love the foot joy athletic fit pants (5-pocket).

It used to be the Nike modern-tech pants before Nike decided to quit making quality apparel.

Now it's gotta be the U/A Taper-fit pants. Good grab on a tucked in shirt, good stretch, work well even in the heat.

It used to be the Nike modern-tech pants before Nike decided to quit making quality apparel.

Now it's gotta be the U/A Taper-fit pants. Good grab on a tucked in shirt, good stretch, work well even in the heat.

UA does put a real nice silicone "grabber" inside the waistband. And it keeps gripping my shirts even after the pants have been washed 30-40 times.

Something about my proportions makes my best-fitting golf shirts all rather short-tailed. Pants without that grabber mean tucking the darned thing in after almost every swing.

It depends on the weather, if it is pants weather, my favorite are Gap Hybrid Khaki's - light, breathable, wind proof, and, water resistant, these are not for everyone, as they are nylon, and, can make a swish swish sound for some guys, but, not for me. Another great pant for me, is Uniqlo Dry-EX ankle pants, these might be too short for most folks, but, the inseam is perfect for me - light, breathable, with good stretch.

In cooler weather, the only pants I wear to play golf are Nike Weatherized 2.0 pants - warm, water resistant, other than that, I am usually wearing shorts.

Last edited:
My favorite golf pants are, well....shorts !

Brion hiking pants by prAna. Really comfortable, look nice, don't cost a lot, look enough like golf pants no one will imagine otherwise, but also look enough like travel pants/jeans that you don't feel like the course is the only place to wear them.

Been waiting for someone to say these. They're kind of a do all pant.

They win Best Pant period IMO. They are just great for golf also.

Puma Jackpot.

I do have a pair of Walter Hagen's that I bought from Dick's a while back that I love. Bought a second pair and they just arent the same. But the Jackpots are where its at.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Rumour has it that before this crazy pleat trend, Adam Scott was wearing Lulu pants.

i had a couple of abc shorts that i loved for golf because the inseam was good for me, instead of 99% of the other golf shorts at the time that fit like basketball gym shorts halfway down my damn shin. then lulu stopped making the abc shorts. :sadface:

i had a couple of abc shorts that i loved for golf because the inseam was good for me, instead of 99% of the other golf shorts at the time that fit like basketball gym shorts halfway down my damn shin. then lulu stopped making the abc shorts. :sadface:

The Commission is the same fit, they just dont have the gussets and stuff like jeans.

Fila from Kohl’s. Because they do what I need and their are cheap at under $30 a pair. I wear them a handful of times a year, but have had 6 pair of the shorts that have lasted for 2+ years of weekly wear now.

Bonobos golf pants: great fit options, odd sizes, dont have to iron them. Look great on and off course.

This is me too. Depending on the pant, it's tough for people to tell they are actually golf pants.

Bonobos has 8” inseam options just FYI.

Haggar Cool 18. Lightweight and very comfy. Also Cool 18 Pro has shirt holder.

I'm very surprised four pages in this hasn't been mentioned, but IMO it is Walter Hagen hands down. They use high-quality materials and construction. They never skimp on things like belt loops, lining, and thread count. Most golf slacks have nothing but the fabric on the beltline, so the only thing preventing your shirt from popping out is a really tight belt. Hagen slacks all have a rubber-like lining around the beltline that keeps your shirt tucked in. They aren't lacking style either with common features like accent features on the pocket opening. Most you can take from the dryer to your closet without even thinking, "Should I iron this?"

On top of all this, you'll usually pay considerably less than U/A, Nike, or Oakley and get such a superior product.

Slacks or shorts are of equally high-quality.

I'm very surprised four pages in this hasn't been mentioned, but IMO it is Walter Hagen hands down. They use high-quality materials and construction. They never skimp on things like belt loops, lining, and thread count. Most golf slacks have nothing but the fabric on the beltline, so the only thing preventing your shirt from popping out is a really tight belt. Hagen slacks all have a rubber-like lining around the beltline that keeps your shirt tucked in. They aren't lacking style either with common features like accent features on the pocket opening. Most you can take from the dryer to your closet without even thinking, "Should I iron this?"

On top of all this, you'll usually pay considerably less than U/A, Nike, or Oakley and get such a superior product.

I'll have to pay more attention to them from now on.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Look into Uniqlo pants, great lightweight for the course or office.

leftshot;n8622597 said:

Looking at DSG, the pants are the same price ($80) as Nikes, UAs and Pumas. I don’t doubt the pants are a good product but the price isn’t what I expected.

Back