Srixon Announces Partnership with ASICS

JB

Follow @THPGolf on Social Media
Albatross 2024 Club
Staff member
Reaction score
This is a press release

SRIXON®/CLEVELAND® GOLF/XXIO®, a worldwide leader in golf equipment design and manufacturing, is proud to announce an exclusive partnership with ASICS North America to distribute ASICS golf shoes in the United States and Canada. The partnership generates two brand new footwear models, which will be introduced later this year.

“As a leading manufacturer of high quality brands, I am excited to announce that we are partnering with ASICS North America to introduce ASICS Golf Footwear into the U.S. golf market,” said Mike Powell, President of Sales and Marketing at Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO. “ASICS is a huge global sports brand and widely recognized as the leader in performance footwear. They have a rich heritage of innovation, technology and product quality, all of which are synonymous with our corporate heritage and working with ASICS is a great fit for our companies. ASICS Golf footwear will appeal to both golf and sports enthusiasts alike.”

Through this partnership, ASICS will debut two brand new footwear models – The GEL-COURSETM Glide and GEL-COURSETM Duo. Both models were built with inspiration from ASICS legendary running shoes and deliver comfort and flexibility while providing outstanding traction and stability. They will be on sale starting in December of 2019.

“ASICS is thrilled to partner with Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO in North America to bring a new offering of footwear to golfers in the U.S. and Canada,” said Koichiro Kodama, CEO ASICS North America. “Srixon/Cleveland Golf/XXIO has a strong connection and reputation with golfers and ASICS is a brand dedicated to innovation and technology to benefit athletes and people who love sports. This builds upon a partnership that we have globally and we look forward to introducing two new footwear models in the months to come.”

ASICS was founded in 1949 and the company name is based on a famous Latin expression “Anima Sana In Corpore Sano,” which when translated expresses the ancient ideal of “A Sound Mind in a Sound Body.” Over the course of nearly 70 years, the brand has created performance products worn by athletes across numerous sports at the pinnacle of competition.

This is awesome, I look forward to giving ASICS golf shoes a try.

I've had a pair of Asics golf shoes before, and certainly man pairs of their running shoes. I didn't realize that their golf shoe department faded away(although they were never really large IIRC). The ones that I had for golf were extremely comfortable for walking rounds, so I expect comfort to be pretty darn high with these two new models.

Looks interesting. I've never worn Asics, but it's intriguing nonetheless.

Sounds like some very comfortable walking shoes may come out of this partnership which really interests me.

I'm really looking forward to this partnership. I've been a fan of Asics running shoes for a long time. It'll be interesting to see what their style looks like and if they can capture the same kind of comfort and performance in a golf shoe.

I used to swear by Asics footwear back when I played high school sports. Excited to see what comes of this!

While Asics aren't my running shoe of choice (I've been a Brooks guy for years) I love the idea of more running and athletic shoe companies lending their ideas to footwear development for golf.

This is going to be new and exciting. Looking forward to what is going to be coming out!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Interesting. Can't wait to see some new shoes coming to market!

They make great running shoes so I'm certainly interested on what they can do in the spikeless shoe market.

Boy that was smart on somebodies part. I am a shoe dog and love Asics products. They fit and feel great. This is a win for two awesome Japanese brands.

I’ve enjoyed the running shoes. If the golf shoes are comfy I’d give them a shot.

Wow this is very interesting and unexpected

I’m interested.

I am definitely interested, I have bad feet and joints and exclusively wear asics tennis shoes as they are so comfortable. Will definitely try them out

Sent from my SM-G975U1 using Tapatalk

This kinda excites me.

Very interesting, looking forward to seeing the results of said partnership

Clever and shrewd!! Sounds like another great combination!!

I think it sounds like a good move on the surface, but based on what I've seen from the Asics so far in golf, time will tell if it's a good move for them, but I do think it helps both sides expand their reach, regardless of how the shoes look!

They make some of the most comfortable and durable running shoes. If they can nail the aesthetics, combined with the comfort they are known for I'll be interested.

They make some of the most comfortable and durable running shoes. If they can nail the aesthetics, combined with the comfort they are known for I'll be interested.

my thoughts exactly. They make some great, comfy, ugly running shoes.

I noticed GMac was rocking some Asics at the open.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I will certainly be giving some of their golf shoes a try. Their running shoes are what I use and are the most comfortable for me.

Back